Post by fpd » Wed May 18, 2005 8:45 am

ju on
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Tue May 24, 2005 5:14 pm

Well IYO what is the best weapon?

I think its a toss up between the Bullpup the D.Eagle and the Fammas 8)

Pumeleon
Standard
Standard

Post by Pumeleon » Tue May 24, 2005 5:25 pm

The M4.

Controllable recoil, optional silencer/flash suppressor, acceptably accurate to a quarter clip, not too expensive, and also easily found on the ground.

Or the Deagle. That puppy rocks! The only drawback is 7 bullets per clip.

The M5 rocks, too, but only at short and medium range. I've pulled off a few extra-long range headshots, but those were complete luck. :P
Penis size is inversely proportional to signature size.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Tue May 24, 2005 5:27 pm

WOW i did not know you played :D You should come on my clans server some time:P ill own you :twisted:

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue May 24, 2005 6:49 pm

Bullpup is yummy.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Tue May 24, 2005 7:16 pm

Compact pistol PWNS

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue May 24, 2005 7:19 pm

I prefer the semi-auto scoped rifle. I forget the formal name, Commando something. It suits my style well.
It's semi-auto, so it can work reasonably well as an assault weapon, but it really shines when I bring up the scope and drop someone with a headshot from a couple hundred feet away.
Of course, it's expensive...so I don't use it very often.

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Tue May 24, 2005 8:38 pm

Original Sin wrote:I prefer the semi-auto scoped rifle. I forget the formal name, Commando something. It suits my style well.
It's semi-auto, so it can work reasonably well as an assault weapon, but it really shines when I bring up the scope and drop someone with a headshot from a couple hundred feet away.
"auto's for queers" - Clanmate
And so true. Use the awp, it takes skill, especially since they noobed it. Scout is easier to use than then awp, so all the people who say OMFG FAG USE SCOUT, you obviously aren't very good with it :) Scout=4 hs's fast, Awp=1 hs/bodyshot then pull out the pistol to kill any others, unless it's long range, then you can just own whoever isn't smart.

Best gun is now the M4. Used to be the AK by far, until they noobed it in 1.6.
M4 is rediculous, and the Bulpup sucks now IMO, it's gayly powerful, and innacurate when shooting more than one bullet.

Tmp is really good in 1.6 though, and it OWNS in source. The random hs's on source rock with tmp long range at long a on D2. Pisses Awpers off like none other when they get hs'd from pit with a tmp :) hahaha evil :twisted:

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Tue May 24, 2005 9:54 pm

I hate CS:S cuz you can HS someone with the pump-shotty from like the other side of the big maps :evil:

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed May 25, 2005 7:22 am

fpd wrote:
Original Sin wrote:I prefer the semi-auto scoped rifle. I forget the formal name, Commando something. It suits my style well.
"auto's for queers" - Clanmate
And so true. Use the awp, it takes skill, especially since they noobed it. Scout is easier to use than then awp, so all the people who say OMFG FAG USE SCOUT, you obviously aren't very good with it :) Scout=4 hs's fast, Awp=1 hs/bodyshot then pull out the pistol to kill any others, unless it's long range, then you can just own whoever isn't smart.

Best gun is now the M4. Used to be the AK by far, until they noobed it in 1.6.
M4 is rediculous, and the Bulpup sucks now IMO, it's gayly powerful, and innacurate when shooting more than one bullet.

Tmp is really good in 1.6 though, and it OWNS in source. The random hs's on source rock with tmp long range at long a on D2. Pisses Awpers off like none other when they get hs'd from pit with a tmp :) hahaha evil :twisted:
For the record, I only played it once. I used the semi auto because it was convenient...I didn't feel like having to switch weapons for close range combat. I'm a good shot, so semi-auto more than suffices for any sort of combat, though when it comes to sniping, I can use a bolt action just fine. A head shot is a kill regardless, and that's where I aim. And generally, that's where I hit.
If I was strickly sharp shooting, I would probably use a high powered, bolt action rifle. I don't remember all of the rifles off hand, so I can't really say which one. However, when I know I'm likely going to wind up in mid to close range combat, I compromise and use a semi-auto. Bolt actions are....difficult, in fast paced close range combat. You'd better hope you drop them in one shot, because if you don't, well, you're dead.

For the record, I have CS:S, not the older versions. I only have it because it came with HL2, so it's really not a big deal to me.

Pumeleon
Standard
Standard

Post by Pumeleon » Wed May 25, 2005 10:41 am

Original Sin wrote: If I was strickly sharp shooting, I would probably use a high powered, bolt action rifle. I don't remember all of the rifles off hand, so I can't really say which one. However, when I know I'm likely going to wind up in mid to close range combat, I compromise and use a semi-auto. Bolt actions are....difficult, in fast paced close range combat. You'd better hope you drop them in one shot, because if you don't, well, you're dead.
Case in point: There was a skill-less n00blet on Aztec trying to AWP everyone from behind some crates. In fact, he was camping halfway through the round across from the terrorist spawn looking across site A to those double doors. I was a CT he was a T. I came around across the overhang that goes over the water and when I turned the corner, he saw me. He fired twice before I got to him. I had a Deagle and that was it for that round. I missed him every time (Running + Firing something with that much recoil = innacurate) so I jumped over the crate, he tried to awp me again, I pulled put my knife and plunged it deep into his belly twice before he got another shot off.

I'm usually a short-range guy so I occasionally go for the leone 12 gauge pump shotgun and take point when there's going to be lots of close-quarters stuff. But more often I go for the M5. Once I was glocking because I was broke, and picked up the awp. Well, I suck with all sniper rifles on CS, and I somehow survived by just using the glock. I made someone happy by giving them an awp. :P
Penis size is inversely proportional to signature size.

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Wed May 25, 2005 1:27 pm

Pumeleon wrote:
Original Sin wrote: If I was strickly sharp shooting, I would probably use a high powered, bolt action rifle. I don't remember all of the rifles off hand, so I can't really say which one. However, when I know I'm likely going to wind up in mid to close range combat, I compromise and use a semi-auto. Bolt actions are....difficult, in fast paced close range combat. You'd better hope you drop them in one shot, because if you don't, well, you're dead.
Case in point: There was a skill-less n00blet on Aztec trying to AWP everyone from behind some crates. In fact, he was camping halfway through the round across from the terrorist spawn looking across site A to those double doors. I was a CT he was a T. I came around across the overhang that goes over the water and when I turned the corner, he saw me. He fired twice before I got to him. I had a Deagle and that was it for that round. I missed him every time (Running + Firing something with that much recoil = innacurate) so I jumped over the crate, he tried to awp me again, I pulled put my knife and plunged it deep into his belly twice before he got another shot off.

I'm usually a short-range guy so I occasionally go for the leone 12 gauge pump shotgun and take point when there's going to be lots of close-quarters stuff. But more often I go for the M5. Once I was glocking because I was broke, and picked up the awp. Well, I suck with all sniper rifles on CS, and I somehow survived by just using the glock. I made someone happy by giving them an awp. :P
Two things, Deagle is really accurate while strafing. It goes straight, even while firing at a fast rate(especially in source).
And that dude blows at awping obviously haha.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed May 25, 2005 6:33 pm

Apparently the CS guys goofed on that one. The Desert Eagle is a HUGE handgun, and magnum rounds have an insane amount of recoil. You'd have one hell of a time trying to keep that thing steady, and actually hit your target while you're moving and firing at the same time.

of course, the amount of damage a magnum can inflict in one shot makes up for that. You'd just better hope you hit your target in the first shot, before you have to steady the gun and re aim it.

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Wed May 25, 2005 8:54 pm

Original Sin wrote:Apparently the CS guys goofed on that one. The Desert Eagle is a HUGE handgun, and magnum rounds have an insane amount of recoil. You'd have one hell of a time trying to keep that thing steady, and actually hit your target while you're moving and firing at the same time.

of course, the amount of damage a magnum can inflict in one shot makes up for that. You'd just better hope you hit your target in the first shot, before you have to steady the gun and re aim it.
That's in real life.
In CS you can fire all the clip accurately, that's why so many people use it.