Taiko Drum Master

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

MSGAddict
Standard
Standard

Taiko Drum Master

Post by MSGAddict » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:52 pm

There really needs to be a taiko drum master thread, so, I am starting one. I own the game and play it. I don't find myself playing it as much as I play DDR, but it is still very cool. Too bad the song selection isn't any better...

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:46 pm

I've only played the game once at an anime con. It was fun, but I wasn't compelled to run out and buy it. If you're longing for more song selection, you might want to try the Japanese Taiko no Tatsujin rather than the American Taiko Drum Master. I know there are already several volumes of the Japanese version available compared to our one. Of course you'll need a way to play JP region games.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:06 pm

I played it at J-pop day last year. Kicked sightreading butt with "The Impression that I Get"...

That's the same place I got my Samus shirt. ^_^

Anyway, I found it fun.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:57 am

I own the game and play it on occassion.

I find that my drum doesn't read well, though. So it's either I'm not hitting it right ("You're doin' it wrong!"), or mine just happens to be picky and annoying. >_<!!

It's still a lot of fun to play, but when you get a string of bullshit misses, it kind of rains on the parade.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:30 am

My biggest problem with the game was getting the controller to stay still. It needs a clamp or something so you can mount it to the edge of a table like a steering wheel controller or something. We were trading off holding the controller down for each other, but it would have been nice to not have had to worry about it.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:01 pm

i have the psp version...i don't understand why they even made it...the cramped controller + having to try and do triplets and the sort with L&R while using the digi pad and the buttons for the center part of the drum...it just gets tedious. super ultra uber hard mode is impossible with the psp
insert code compile execute return

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:20 pm

There were Game Boy versions of DDR, pop'n music, and beatmania. I'd question the logic in those as well, yet they exist. So Taiko on PSP doesn't seem like too much of a stretch from that perspective.

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:19 pm

Yeah, I greatly prefer the arcade version over the home (precisely due to the moving drum problem). That probably won't stop me from picking up the home ones as soon as I complete my Beatmania collection though...

And while loosly on the topic of weird ports of music games, I have a version of Pop'N Music on my cell phone. You have options for 5 or 3 key mode, I've only played 5 Key so far, which uses 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9 for the buttons. As for song selection, you can download the training song for free, but all the other songs cost the equivalent of around fifty cents each.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:24 pm

responding to an ooold topic

whatever

anyways, ddr for gameboy had a snap on controller IIRC. at least it tried :\ i mean with the psp they could easily have made a usb adapter for the taiko drum...i cry lazy.
insert code compile execute return

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:35 pm

I have it. Britney Spears' Toxic is the most fun song on there.

ewakko
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ewakko » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:26 pm

I got taiko 1 and 2 jp version. does the us version have the mini games too? Does anyone have 3,4,or 5? will anyone let me borrow their US version, i'm not sure i want to buy it. i didn't think they would rent it because of the controller.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:17 am

ewakko wrote:I got taiko 1 and 2 jp version. does the us version have the mini games too? Does anyone have 3,4,or 5? will anyone let me borrow their US version, i'm not sure i want to buy it. i didn't think they would rent it because of the controller.
Who are you? Lolz.

Taiko 1 has a couple minigames. I know that three come with the game, and I'm not sure if you get more as you unlock songs and whatnot.

ewakko
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ewakko » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:16 pm

They usually water down US versions of games, so I was just checking. I haven't posted since the new forum, I was too lazy to re-register. I collect music games and live in fishers.
Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:
ewakko wrote:I got taiko 1 and 2 jp version. does the us version have the mini games too? Does anyone have 3,4,or 5? will anyone let me borrow their US version, i'm not sure i want to buy it. i didn't think they would rent it because of the controller.
Who are you? Lolz.

Taiko 1 has a couple minigames. I know that three come with the game, and I'm not sure if you get more as you unlock songs and whatnot.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:45 pm

I need this game.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:13 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I need this game.
Wanna buy mine? Lolz. I never play it anymore.