Donkey Konga/2 and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat/2

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Donkey Konga/2 and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat/2

Post by letshavetea » Mon May 30, 2005 10:00 pm

Have you played these games? If not slap yourself they are awesome. Especially Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (i havent played 2 yet) if you have a gamecube i HIGHLY reccommend these games. For the past week I've been dusting off my Gamecube because of these haha.

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat:
An adventure game where you use the "DK Bongos" to move... very very fun gameplay. There are different "Jungles" (worlds) that you move through with 4 "Kingdoms" (levels) in each. Each kingdom has 3 zones in it... and the third zone is always a boss zone.

In the game you move about collecting "Beats" and you have to get enough beats to get the "crests". At the end of each Kingdom your beats are totaled and crests are rewareded accordingly. These crests are used to unlock new Kingdoms. You can get 3 crests per Kingdom (bronze silver and gold... you can get all three in one time through the level)

Donkey Konga:
A typical music/rhythm game where you have to hit the correct drum at the right time. They tell you which drum to hit based on what the symbol looks like.
Red Circle is Right drum
Yellow Circle is Left Drum
Blue Star is Clap
Pink Circle is both drums
one of the above stretched out is where you have to keep hitting/clapping

These games have lots of licenced songs and some old video game classics (such as the Mario and Zelda theme songs) There are also a few mini games that are mad fun. You can play with friends competatively or with them just to have fun and "be part of a band".

In Donkey Konga 2 you can Play with a friend in "Street preormance" to gain coins together. These coins are used to pay for mini games, new song charts ("gorrila mode") and some other neat things.

Both these games are wonderfull and I highly reccommend them if you have a Gamecube. And if you are going to get it... don't be cheap and not buy the drum with it... its no fun with a controller.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:18 am

these games renew my faith in Nintendo :P

The X
Standard
Standard

Re: Donkey Konga/2 and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat/2

Post by The X » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:46 am

letshavetea wrote:Have you played these games? If not slap yourself they are awesome. Especially Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (i havent played 2 yet) if you have a gamecube i HIGHLY reccommend these games. For the past week I've been dusting off my Gamecube because of these haha.
I don't think Jungle Beat 2 is even out. If it is, please correct me if I'm wrong.

But Yeah. Jungle beat is really fun. But Donkey Konga is waaaaaayyyyy too easy, even on the harder levels.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:27 pm

Donkey Konga is easy... Donkey Konga 2 is harder (it seems... i havent played it that much) i dont like the song selection screen in DK2... its ugly :(.. come to think of it i dont like how they changed the game a lot... graphicaly everything is different... it is just... ehh

MSGAddict
Standard
Standard

Post by MSGAddict » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:30 pm

letshavetea wrote:Donkey Konga is easy... Donkey Konga 2 is harder (it seems... i havent played it that much) i dont like the song selection screen in DK2... its ugly :(.. come to think of it i dont like how they changed the game a lot... graphicaly everything is different... it is just... ehh
Yeah, I play Donkey Konga at the store and it was soo easy...
...I prefer Taiko Drum Master.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:03 pm

[quote="MSGAddict]...I prefer Taiko Drum Master.[/quote]

I could sit on OrangeLounger's floor and play Taiko all day.

It's more fun after I get off work, though, because then I get to sit on his floor weilding two beatsticks. =D
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:02 pm

heh update on Donkey Kong Jungle Beat... you can get 4 crests per kingdom not 3 like i previously said.... i just got a platnium crest :P

pass the stage-bronze
400 beats------silver
800 beats------gold
1200 beats-----platnium

now thats the real challange in the game... i thought it was hard enough just getting golds... but now platniums... thats just crazy :P

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:25 am

I just got Donkey Konga 2 a few days ago. Other than the crappy song selection, everything else is much improved. The patterns are a good deal harder than before, and the timings are for the most part dead on.

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:08 am

I killed both Donkey Kongas and still found myself coming back for more, but i must say, the songs do get slightly old. I did enjoy the song Pieces. I forget wich one it was in though, lol.
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:21 am

I think its in 2... but im not entirely sure...

I thought they were both great... just too few songs and too easy charts....

The real challange is with Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. That game (isnt really a music game...) is an intense adventure game that has a lot of cute little things in the game that make you just go like "ohh... wow that was neat" and to be able to get platniums on every stage.... well I gave up after getting all but 3.... those are nuts... I would reccommend getting Donkey Konga 2 and DK Jungle Beat because they are both just great great games.

I also use them as babysitting tools... the kids love pounding on the drums and watching Donkey Kong move along. :P

goten444
Standard
Standard

Post by goten444 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:35 pm

i have all of them i tryin to sell them do you want them????
o look at that bunny....^.^

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:00 pm

If i had any money i would totally buy them, but... *sniff* ill just stick to PIU in the arcade!
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...