SUPPLIES!

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: SUPPLIES!

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Merk, you are rich with intangibles. In one thousand lifetimes, I could never write a post so apropos. I am also significantly worse at beet, so that's two merits you have over me.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:55 am

It's apparent that you missed the point Merk, but I expected that. The point is that you spent a considerable amount of time in the past talking about being unemployed or underemployed on the forums and quite honestly, that is a situation that I do not wish to be in preferably as I figure I have enough problems as is. (For example, who would be interested in buying my Beet collection? Also, who should I invite to graduation?)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:46 am

At least my personal experience has been that excessive Bemani (and other game) playing is a symptom of un-/under-employment, not a cause of it. The job market was a pile of crap for a couple years, there, ESPECIALLY for new grads.

YMMV, of course.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:28 am

Now that I think about it I have no idea how I survived during the 9 months between graduation and my first job - it was a really weird time. I spent a lot of time applying for jobs, playing on-line poker, playing Starcraft 1, not working, and chilling at Riot's apartment. I think I lived off of pasta and salt. I could really stretch a dollar back then! Nowadays it's like, "$60 dinner for two? Whatever let's do this!"

For whatever reason I didn't know that Biolife and other blood plasma donation centers in Bloomington existed at the time otherwise I would have been king of the plasma!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:21 am

Merk wrote:Now that I think about it I have no idea how I survived during the 9 months between graduation and my first job - it was a really weird time. I spent a lot of time applying for jobs, playing on-line poker, playing Starcraft 1, not working, and chilling at Riot's apartment. I think I lived off of pasta and salt. I could really stretch a dollar back then! Nowadays it's like, "$60 dinner for two? Whatever let's do this!"

For whatever reason I didn't know that Biolife and other blood plasma donation centers in Bloomington existed at the time otherwise I would have been king of the plasma!
Riot, please chime in here. I know you've ranted about this before.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Merk wrote:Now that I think about it I have no idea how I survived during the 9 months between graduation and my first job - it was a really weird time. I spent a lot of time applying for jobs, playing on-line poker, playing Starcraft 1, not working, and chilling at Riot's apartment. I think I lived off of pasta and salt. I could really stretch a dollar back then! Nowadays it's like, "$60 dinner for two? Whatever let's do this!"

Riot, please chime in here. I know you've ranted about this before.
The dollar was easily stretched because you paid no dollars for living there! =P
Amp Divorax wrote:... that is a situation that I do not wish to be in preferably as I figure I have enough problems as is. (For example, who would be interested in buying my Beet collection? Also, who should I invite to graduation?)
These do not seem like legitimate, actual "problems".

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Riot I'm sorry I ate your potato chips.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:41 pm

I came home to this in my chair every day:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:45 pm

LOL! That picture gave me a hell of a laugh.

Well, in the case of playing Bemani excessively as a symptom of unemployment and underemployment that is true in some respects. However, I feel that if I would have done my research on the matter in 2006, I probably could have started college then and not 2010 even though I would have had less money for it. Instead, I allowed myself to get stuck in a rather bad rut during my time in service and instead of spending time on doing something to get a good job, I frittered it away on niche gaming. One thing I will point out though is that I feel that I would have been nowhere near as successful academically if I would have went at that point. I consider October 2005 to October 2009 to be one of the biggest wastes of my life looking back now for various reasons.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:56 am

Amp I feel you. I try to do shit now that either improves me as a person or helps me learn some sort of valuable skill which means playing video games is not something I do too often but I make time for Bemani bullshit once a week because I still find it fun even though no one gives a shit about music games anymore.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Quit work, make music.