DH Jero 2

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: DH Jero 2

Post by Merk » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Well you gotta remember there's GH: Aerosmith / Metallica / Country Bumpkins / World Tour / Legends of Rock / Warriors of Rock in addition to the numbered series. Plus there's Band Hero and all its iterations.

GF/DM might have a handful of more total games but I'm sure you know they've certainly been around a good 4+ years before the first Guitar Hero game. Konami at least releases a new mix twice a year and at least attempts some innovations throughout the series. GH has literally been the same shit since they added in hammer-on / pull-offs which came out in GH3 or something.

Meh, I liked the music in DJ Hero but the gameplay wasn't anything spectacular. I applaud Activation for trying something new though. Damn shame they killed it off before they could do anything significant with the series.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:20 am

Apparently there are 6 Guitar hero titles in the main series, 12 if you include the band-centric games, Band Hero, and Smash Hits.
There are also 3 DS versions, 4 mobile phone versions, one for iOS, one for arcade, and pocket/handheld game.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Merk wrote:since they added in hammer-on / pull-offs which came out in GH3 or something.
Those were in the first Guitar Hero...the only one I've ever played.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:09 pm

This may be unthinkable, but today I purchased the first DJ Hero for 360 as Sears had it on sale for $20. I definitely like what they did with the game. However, the over saturation of Guitar Hero games may have been the biggest reason for the premature demise of this series. I LOVED the DJ Shadow set of songs, but at the same time I am shocked that they didn't use "Midnight In A Perfect World" which was his breakout single in the mid 90s. (Not to mention an AWESOME chill out song.) The issue that I've heard about the second game is that it has a weaker songlist, and given what I've seen they got some rather pricey licenses which may have hastened its demise. Regardless, this was a good idea and hopefully it will get revived in the future when the market improves. The only issue I have had with the game is the lack of a wired controller. (Using wireless for this controller feels completely unnecessary along with the AA battery requirement. Then again, this is more of a personal preference.)

One question though, does DJ Hero 2 allow for songs from the first game to be played in the second game Rock Band 2 did with Rock Band 1 songs? (If it does, then I'll definitely get it so I can play all the songs in one game.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:45 pm

They did use that song in DJ Hero 2 ^^^.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:51 am

Riot wrote:They did use that song in DJ Hero 2 ^^^.
Holy crap they did! MUST GET DJ HERO 2!!!!

"Insight, foresight, more sight. The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight."
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Pendulum music pack! I can't ask for a better 'farewell' gift from DJ Hero!

http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php/ne ... lease-2036