Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

The official 'LOL, lawsuit' thread!

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:02 pm

Ok, given how many lawsuits we have going on now, I figure I should make a thread dedicated to rhythm gaming lawsuits in general.

Genius Products, the publishers of Scratch: The Ultimate DJs and Numark Industries, the makers of the turntable controller the game will use are suing developer '7 Studios' (I wish I was joking, but they really are suing the developer of the game they are publishing) and Activision on grounds of "intentional interference with contract, breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secrets."

Apparently at one point Activison unsuccessfully tried to buy the rights to Scratch, then it started courting 7 Studios in an attempt to acquire the company. Then according to Genius Products both of them "began conspiring to prevent Scratch from getting to market on a timely basis by withholding work product, code and the proprietary game controller."

http://kotaku.com/5212227/activision-ac ... hero-rival

So let's summarize the current lawsuits going on...
Konami and Harmonix are both suing each other with regard to the Rock Band patents
Konami is also suing Pentavision for copyright infringement due to DJ Max getting a better domestic release than anything Konami of Americunts has done in the last 5 years. (Oh, there's also a legal dispute between Konami and Upper Deck concerning the rights to the Yu-Gi-Oh trading card game, so Konami's lawyers regardless of the outcome are gonna be fucking rich from all this litigation.)
Genius Products is suing their own developers and Activision for sabotage
Somehow Andamiro, the first company to get sued over a rhythm game, is not getting sued by anybody right now.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!