DJ MAX Technika

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: DJ MAX Technika

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Diamondback1996 wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Good lord people, it isn't that rare.
It's rare if you don't travel outside of the metro area more than twice a year.
I don't recall where you live, but if you live anywhere within 45 mins of Gameworks, that's just lazy :[

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Diamondback1996 wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Good lord people, it isn't that rare.
It's rare if you don't travel outside of the metro area more than twice a year.
I don't recall where you live, but if you live anywhere within 45 mins of Gameworks, that's just lazy :[
Gameworks or Tilt? Because if you mean Tilt I'm pretty sure they don't have a Technika. If you mean a Gameworks then I'm more than 45 minutes away from both the Chicago and the Cincinatti ones.

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:40 am

You guys should all talk to D&B Indy to convince them to get Technika 3 and connect it to the internet. I know Casey will.

What with DDR dead, Pump disappointing to D&B (they're only putting DDR in new locations apparently), arcades could use an addictive money-printing music game*

*prints money in California and the NY/NJ area, anyway

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:34 pm

DDR isn't dead, it's just on hiatus. Although it might as well be dead.

Technika seems like it would be pretty easy to play for the average person. Although ReRave does seem 6000 times easier.

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:23 am

I will never understand people who save Re:Rave or jubeat is easier than Technika. In Re:Rave and jubeat, notes can appear anywhere and you have no way to predict where they'll show up, with jubeat you get maybe half a second and Re:Rave longer, but with a more cluttered screen on more complex charts it seems. In Technika, with two distinct lanes scrolling in "clockwise" fashion (without mods) you never have to guess where the next notes will show up. This instantly makes Technika much easier to pick up and master than jubeat.

Of course, we're unlikely to see any of the 3 music games here in Indiana...

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:24 am

I never got extensive time with Jubeat or Technika, but I was able to get into the most difficult mode of Jubeat (of course not the most difficult songs) literally after my first song without failing out or even doing that bad at all. I also FC'd my very first song ever. Even though it was on easy, that should say something.
After a while of easy songs in Technika I decided to try the mid-level. I failed out in a spectacularly embarrassing run. I think the biggest issue was it was difficult to immediately use two hands, but it felt natural in Jubeat.
So unless you've played both extensively I do not agree with you.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:37 am

I agree with you. I found my progression in jubeat to be more steady and I reached higher levels faster and they became very fun to play. For Technika, I played some easier songs to get the hang of it. When those started getting boring, I moved up to the next level where I was subsequently pwned and failed out. I eventually got the hang of that after a few more tries, but then I had the same thing happen when I tried to move up again.

So it seems like the learning curve of jubeat is smooth whereas Technika is more like a staircase. At least that's been my experience. And don't get me wrong...I like both games and intend to keep playing them both (whenever I actually get a chance).

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Friend Brian,

I quiver at the thought of asking this of you but I must know. In your words how would you describe the possibility of earning a YouBeat cabinet for yourself? Upon viewing moving pictures of this game, I find myself with a strong desire to maybe one day test my prowess at it. If the situation is dire, how can I help you in the effort to place this game in your den?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:11 pm

The $12k price tag is more than I can reasonably justify. I've been investigating other avenues, but I don't have a huge amount of hope at the moment given that it is still a popular and active game in its native regions. Used machines are hard to come by and still rather expensive when they do come up since locations actually want to hold on to them.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:18 pm

The situation is dire indeed. For now I am comforted in the knowledge that Father Time is among our ranks and that through his graces we will be able to acquire the experiences YouBeat has to offer us.

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:59 am

Pokebis wrote:I never got extensive time with Jubeat or Technika, but I was able to get into the most difficult mode of Jubeat (of course not the most difficult songs) literally after my first song without failing out or even doing that bad at all. I also FC'd my very first song ever. Even though it was on easy, that should say something.
After a while of easy songs in Technika I decided to try the mid-level. I failed out in a spectacularly embarrassing run. I think the biggest issue was it was difficult to immediately use two hands, but it felt natural in Jubeat.
So unless you've played both extensively I do not agree with you.
Just checking, are we talking about jubeat AC or jubeat iOS?

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Sorry, forgot about these forums, but I'm talking about arcade.

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Ok, so in two in a half weeks, I'm going to finally get to play DJ Max Technika. To anyone who has played this, what are some things I should expect/fun charts to play/random stuff I should know?

Kinda wish I had a DJ Max Technika card now...

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:56 pm

ImuyumI wrote:Ok, so in two in a half weeks, I'm going to finally get to play DJ Max Technika. To anyone who has played this, what are some things I should expect/fun charts to play/random stuff I should know?

Kinda wish I had a DJ Max Technika card now...
Life bar vanishes fast. Start on the easiest mode. Bring headphones (I think a standard feature but I'm not sure.) AWIGHT!

ImuyumI

Post by ImuyumI » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:18 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Life bar vanishes fast. Start on the easiest mode.
Wimp! I'll show you!!!!