Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Rock Band 2 Intro.....

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:56 am

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/08/ ... 2-ful.html

Somebody should tell Harmonix that Mad Max just called and he wants his fashion statement back!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Rock Band 2 Intro.....

Post by danc1005 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:18 pm

I guess this is the best place to talk about Rock Band 2.
I got it on release, and I haven't played too much, but so far it seems really solid. I really like the songlist, as with the first one, and they improved quite a few things. The Battle of the Bands mode is really fun (online challenges with your band), they revamped everything so it's much more interactive with your online friends, and they made the guitar parts actually challenging (I'd actually say harder than GH3, so far).
What do you guys think?

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:44 pm

danc1005 wrote:they made the guitar parts actually challenging (I'd actually say harder than GH3, so far).
What do you guys think?
Wow, that's cool. One of my main problems with RB1 was how ridiculously easy the guitar parts were compared to the GH series. I'm holding out for GH4, since I like the song list better than the RB2 song list, but eventually I'd like to have both of course...

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:40 pm

I'm waiting for both games' hardware to be released, since I really want to replace the RB1 drumset. I like that GHWT added elevated cymbols, but I fear they're going to feel awkward or counter-intuitive. Something about the placement just feels too crammed for me - but I haven't sat and actually used it yet.

RB2's set, on the other hand, seems to be a remake of the original with a better bass pedal and slightly better drums. Since the kits are supposed to be inter-changeable with both games (which I hope to have soon!) I'm hoping that one trumps the other so much that the decision is an easy one.

BTW, the Metallica : Death Magentic pack on GHIII is a lot of fun and I'm pretty stoked about playing through the album on World Tour.

A toast, to rooms filled with plastic instruments! (I swear, I can play real instruments in real life too...)