Trance Port - play testers needed soon

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Trance Port - play testers needed soon

Post by malictus » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:46 am

Hey everyone, my long-delayed plans for creating a music/rhythm-based game are finally being realized. I've changed my mind about 20 times and finally settled on a design. Tentatively called Trance Port, the game has the somewhat unusual feature that it can be played without any graphics whatsoever. While there will be graphics involved, they are secondary to the game mechanic which will work entirely in the audio realm. The music will be all original techno-ish stuff. (OrangeLounger, are you still interested in collaborating?)

At least, I HOPE that's what will happen :) Here is where I need some help. I'm looking for a few dedicated people to help with testing and debugging. If you're interested in play-testing for me, and you will be dedicated to picking apart the game and writing some detailed notes, let me know. The first samples I send will be far from polished, so if you're just interested in playing a fun game you should probably wait until a more polished, open beta version. PM me if you're intersted.

Thanks!

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Trance Port - play testers needed soon

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:11 am

I'm still interested. I have a lot going on right now but I'm certainly still interested.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:33 pm

malictus wrote:Hey everyone, my long-delayed plans for creating a music/rhythm-based game are finally being realized. I've changed my mind about 20 times and finally settled on a design. Tentatively called Trance Port, the game has the somewhat unusual feature that it can be played without any graphics whatsoever. While there will be graphics involved, they are secondary to the game mechanic which will work entirely in the audio realm. The music will be all original techno-ish stuff. (OrangeLounger, are you still interested in collaborating?)

At least, I HOPE that's what will happen :) Here is where I need some help. I'm looking for a few dedicated people to help with testing and debugging. If you're interested in play-testing for me, and you will be dedicated to picking apart the game and writing some detailed notes, let me know. The first samples I send will be far from polished, so if you're just interested in playing a fun game you should probably wait until a more polished, open beta version. PM me if you're intersted.

Thanks!
Well I can't find the PM button, but I can (and would like to) help.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:42 pm

It's right there, sir.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:15 pm

I sense you're trying to tell me something...

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:40 pm

I can try to help soon. I am the QA Lead and main bug tester for our game Lasso, so I'm pretty good at breaking things. I can help test a bit down the line when playtesting reports and stuff die down a bit (I'm in the process of trying to get hundreds of reports for our game). Definitely will be helping when you start to get it closer to a beta, and I can probably help (albeit slowly) with alpha stage stuff.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I sense you're trying to tell me something...
Yeah, I joined the boards 10 minutes before you did.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue May 06, 2008 8:08 pm

Any news on this game?