Custom Guitar Hero guitars are now available!

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Custom Guitar Hero guitars are now available!

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:22 pm

From Bemanistyle:

"ArtGuitar, a custom painter of guitars, announced last month it will offer two exclusive designs featuring Ozzy Osbourne for its limited edition AG RiffMaster Guitar Controller, along with three new designs from KISS.

The Playstation 2-based controller is a life-size Peavey model with a glossy finish modified to play with guitar-based music videogames. The company uses a patented process to digitally paint images onto guitars. In all, 17 limited edition designs are available for $399 each."

Ok, I'm sure that there are plenty of GH fans who would probably love to have this type of controller. However there are a few things that I do need to point out. First, the controller is Playstation 2 unless you can get a USB adapter for the other systems that will play nice. Second, they controller is the most expensive 3rd party speciality controller I have seen to date. (Remember, I own 3rd party ASCs for DDR, Pop'N, and IIDX and I'm even factoring in DJ Dao's prices after shipping on this one.) Third and what is the big dealkiller to me is that instead of going the route of Guitar Freaks ASCs and using actual switches for better feel and response, they are using the regular buttons for this controller. With this in mind, I personally doubt if this will go over all that well or not.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:46 pm

Here's how I see it:

You could get a brand-new PS3, or this controller for a PS2.

Personally, I'd spend $35 of it on gas and then go to Taco Bell. Save the rest for a rainy day.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:14 am

$400 = A 2nd IIDX ASC a custom joystick controller for classic arcade games, and two Wii games for me.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!