GH to GF

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:08 am

malictus wrote:The real question here is why you'd want to risk ruining a perfectly good GH controller to play a game that is inferior in almost every way.

*hides in the corner and waits for the inevitable*
I actually got my GH controller at EB for 20$ used, and I actually can play GF with it (V3 has a set up that you can deactivate the left analog stick as song scroll) and I can play GH3 (which I already have and actually like unlike the previous installments, I did not care for)

The ONE thing I hold against GH is the length of the song, I want to play a song 2-3 minutes tops, go on to the next song, like beatmania. Yes others have different scrolling and timing is more competative on GF unlike GH it is Hit or Miss, and all that jazz, could care less. If I could have a custom GH game with shorter songs that are like 2-3 minutes long I would like it (I may beg upon Jim to make one for me, maybe slip some money under the table or something for it);).

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:20 pm

lgolem wrote:If I could have a custom GH game with shorter songs that are like 2-3 minutes long I would like it (I may beg upon Jim to make one for me, maybe slip some money under the table or something for it);).
Heh, let's talk :)

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:48 pm

I would like to see a special "Expert Edition" of Guitar Hero come out for the more experienced players where they take some of the more difficult songs to have been on the game before and find some new ones.

Sample songlist (existing songs):
-Jordan
-Hangar 18
-Instituationalized
-Psychobilly Freakout
-Misirlou
-Through the Fire and the Flames
-Play With Me
-Bark at the Moon

Sample songlist (new songs):
-Eruption, by Eddie Van Halen
-Nottingham Lace, by Buckethead (at least 3 minutes of solid shred here)
-Salieri Strikes Back/Return of Salieri, by Warmen

You get the idea. Maybe make an even new difficulty called "Legend" or something and have it even harder than Expert, if possible. Jordan, maybe not, but Misirlou, maybe.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."