GH: The Third Coming

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:33 am

I just beat it on Expert! Freaking amazing game.
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:02 pm

Flound3r wrote:I just beat it on Expert! Freaking amazing game.
Congrats! I'm close, but I haven't bested the Devil yet. What kind of scores you got? I've got everything in Career 5d except Raining Blood.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:01 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:i like how they put the worst song Muse has ever made on this game, but oh well
I like the guitar on that one, and for Guitar Hero, that's all that matters.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:55 pm

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:00 am

danc1005 wrote:
Flound3r wrote:I just beat it on Expert! Freaking amazing game.
Congrats! I'm close, but I haven't bested the Devil yet. What kind of scores you got? I've got everything in Career 5d except Raining Blood.
Yeah Lou is a tough bastard that I still haven't managed to take down. I beat him on Hard though. The final battle is epic.

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:33 pm

I have mostly 5*s, some 4*s, and one or two 3s. And I also struggled with Lou..but here's how I beat him.

Memorize the part where you can first get battle power. This way no matter what he throws at you you can still get your powerup. Also, keep restarting the song until your first powerup is whammy. About a second after you get it, use it. There is a part where the devil has a bunch of greens really fast and after a split second he'll fail. :) Without this I never would have beat him :P
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:16 pm

Flound3r wrote:I have mostly 5*s, some 4*s, and one or two 3s. And I also struggled with Lou..but here's how I beat him.

Memorize the part where you can first get battle power. This way no matter what he throws at you you can still get your powerup. Also, keep restarting the song until your first powerup is whammy. About a second after you get it, use it. There is a part where the devil has a bunch of greens really fast and after a split second he'll fail. :) Without this I never would have beat him :P
Yeah, I've been trying to use this trick but it's not as easy as it sounds, for a few reasons:
A)If he gives you Double or Amp Overload, it makes it near impossible to get that BG phrase
B)It's quite a ways into the song, and if you keep replaying it a bunch in order to get whammy, your hand gets pretty tired
C)You'll probably be stupid like me and be like OMFG the only time you get whammy and use it instantly and waste it :(

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:07 pm

A: Amp Overload is fine, because you should have the part memorized ;) But yeah double makes you start over. (And let me just say I've gotten pretty good at the beginning of that song....)
B: Not really, and plus I think it's still worth it - trying to strengthen my hand for TTFAF :P
C: You actually want to use it instantly. Look here on the devil's side at 1:52. He has that fast green part I was talking about. Notice that about 2 or 3 seconds before that the first powerup comes along ;)
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:54 pm

Flound3r wrote:I have mostly 5*s, some 4*s, and one or two 3s. And I also struggled with Lou..but here's how I beat him.

That's good advice; I'm trying this tonight

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:17 pm

Finally 5*d career mode! Still havent even tried some of the bonus songs but I was just happy to finally 5* Raining Blood. My scorehero name is Flound3r btw if anyone wanted to know
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:39 am

Flound3r wrote:Finally 5*d career mode! Still havent even tried some of the bonus songs but I was just happy to finally 5* Raining Blood. My scorehero name is Flound3r btw if anyone wanted to know
Grats... I'm still a little bit short on Raining Blood (I have 4 stars on it right now) but I've got 5 stars on all the other non-bonus songs.

Have you passed Through The Fire and Flames yet? I can finally make it past the intro but my best currently is around 80%.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:07 pm

malictus wrote:Have you passed Through The Fire and Flames yet? I can finally make it past the intro but my best currently is around 80%.
Any advice? I had the idea of rubber-banding a quarter to the Green fret, so I would only have to worry about the higher four. Then, once the body came, I would hit pause, take the quarter off, and keep going.

Maybe it's not cheating...consider it a capo or something. (seen below)

ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:03 pm

Yeah, I've beat TTFAF twice now, both times with 84%. I also recently beat Jordan for the first time (took me SO FREAKING LONG OMGOMGOMG).

And about the capo thing...I tap the intro using both hands, and use my left pointer on green the whole time.

Left pointer on green, left middle on red, right pointer on yellow, right middle on blue, right ring on orange. Just hold green the whole time and you only have to worry about the upper 4! I hit the first note with an elbow strum, and I can consistently FC the intro! (Well, except for the scale thing at the end lol)
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:14 pm

When I tried tapping for the first time (on TTFaF's intro), I started with an elbow strum and ended up strumming like twice and hitting the whammy, and Start and/or Back.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:00 pm

This review of the game made me lawl.