GH: The Third Coming

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:27 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
malictus wrote:Have you passed Through The Fire and Flames yet? I can finally make it past the intro but my best currently is around 80%.
Any advice?
I've tried the 2-hand tap technique, but it doesn't work very well for me. I just keep my first finger on the green, alt-strum every other note, and do HOPO's for the sixteenth notes. I can do it pretty consistently now, but it's important to practice SLOWLY first to get the fingering correct.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:09 pm

I beat Lou today...YUS!!!

I also took some time out and tried the "capo idea." Turns out, a rubber band will not do it alone, but the best thing I managed was an SD card held in place with a rubber band wrapped around 3 times. The only downside is that working the menu is tricky, so you have to lift it up and let it spring back every time you hit "select."

As for the actual gameplay, it wasn't bad for the intro. My only problem was once I hit a color other than green, I kept forgetting to let go completely (so that green would register) before moving onto the next note. I got 2% into the song, as minor as THAT sounds, but with practice, I could get it.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:48 pm

Nice job on Lou! What method did you use?
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:28 pm

I used the Whammy right before he had that ungodly string of Green. Took me about 30 tries before the right opportunity came.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."