Rock Band

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Rock Band

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:42 pm

In addition to Guitar Hero III releasing later this year, Harmonix has announced they will be releasing a new game as well, titled: "Rock Band."

I'm assuming the Guitar Hero controller will be of use somehow, maybe a Karaoke mic, and possibly a DDR pad. Any ideas to how it might run? The game itself might be more based around the decisions a band would have to make, such as hiring people, firing people, competition, releasing albums, PR, etc. Whatever the case, this game sounds interesting.

Anyone else hear about it?
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:27 pm

I can't tell who is making what anymore. Guitar Hero has changed ownership more than a handful of times already.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:06 pm

Harmonix? I thought GH was made by RedOctane?

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:59 pm

I spent some time looking up some of the million posts I made waiting / hoping for this kind of game for a nice "I told ya so." Instead, I'll just say HELL YES.

Here's hoping it still rocks, and more importantly, it doesn't bastardize drummania's unprecedented shining points. The drums, after all, are the only component that the non-Konami companies have yet to tackle; we already know what karaoke/guitar interfaces look like.

In addition to the interface, I'm also curious about the drum controller; full midi? Tiny, cheap DM home controller? Pressure sensitivity? =p

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:17 am

ShammerS wrote:In addition to the interface, I'm also curious about the drum controller; full midi? Tiny, cheap DM home controller? Pressure sensitivity? =p
I heard you're supposed to just use two toothpicks and use them as drumsticks against your X button on your PS2 controller....

lmao

The game does sound interesting... but when did GH leave Activision's hands?... didn't they own it for a while there too?

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:07 am

I'm a little confused, but I THINK Harmonix are the actual developers of Guitar Hero, although the game was released by Red Octane. Now, MTV bought Harmonix, and Activision bought Red Octane.

Anyway, 'Rock Band' is being developed by the same people who made Guitar Hero, so I'm sure it's going to rock. I'm excited!