TechnoMotion

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

TechnoMotion

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:24 pm

Umm maybe im slow... but ive never heard of this before and came upon it in wikipedia... could anyone please explain? :lol: (i didnt see it on indyddr anywhere else...)
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:35 pm

Anyone...? :(
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:59 am

The lack of response is probably indicative of the fact that no one around here has probably ever seen one of these. I know I haven't, but I have picked up little bits of info about it over the years.

First of all, it's not a particularly new release. I believe it came out in 2000. So far as I've ever heard, it was a one-off...as in, there was no sequel released.

The most notable feature of the game is that its stage featured 9 active panels on each side. However, it was NOT a 9-panel game. Instead, you could select between 4-panel (DDR style) or 5-panel (PIU style) play.

That's about all I know about it. There's a cabinet picture and some game screenshots in the Channelbeat listing for the game.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:04 am

I played on one four years ago on a cruise.

The game was much much easier than DDR. The difficulty went from 1 to 13 stars or something. When I got on the cruise I was playing on the easy mode... when I got off I could beat all but one song on hard.

What makes this unique is the ability to switch between like what Ho said, 4 pannel(DDR) and 5 pannel(PIU) play, but what he missed is you can also play in 8 pannel(TM) mode. This was the eight squares around the center... the center button was only used in 5 pannel play.

An interesting thing about the game, was that you could actually change between 4, 5, and 8 pannel play midsong. It was extremely stupid to do so, because you hit a button on the machine and all the arrows on the screen change instantly to the new set that you choose. The main problem with this though was stupid kids running around the arcade..... I had two kids hit a button while I was playing....

This game had like 30-50 songs in it.. not too many at all. It was all pretty much K-Pop aswell. The hardest song on the game was english though. It was "Staring at the Sun" by The Offspring. (They also sang "Pretty fly(for a white guy)")

One of the songs that was on this mix is Wa!... it was in DDR 3rd KorVer. The steps were different, but in the stepmania simfile I downloaded... the challange steps were the same as TM's hard steps. I don't know if the real song had the challange steps or not.

I played this mix for a week straight pretty much... my skill level rose from light to heavy in that week. I went home and played through DDR MAX and MAX2 on my PS2... and just played through every song on standard... then went through and tried them on heavy. (Couldn't do them all of course)

Anyhow, I'm just remembering all that went on that week... so I'm just gunna stop talking. If you have any more questions... just ask.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:01 pm

I had never heard about 8-panel mode. I'd be interested to see what the scroll looked like in that mode. Then my next question would be...is there a 16-panel doubles mode?

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:54 pm

I don't think so, but then again I never really played much with 8 pannel. It felt so horribly uncomfortable and strange that it wasn't any fun at all.

It was either no 8 pannel doubles... or no 8 pannel two player... I know it had one of them though. (It was 4 years ago... :?)

The scroll looked extremely cluttered though. It was like... leftdown leftup left down up rightdown rightup I think... it was cluttered.

There was also a 2 player Couples mode type thing... and a speed modifyer... where it would speed up the whole song 10% or 20%(like the DDR Extreme hacks that have been done... in those fake DDR Extreme PLUS or whatever....)

All the modifiers had to be entered in by pad button combos... they had a cheat sheet thinger stuck to the side of the machine that came with the machine... it was pretty neat.

It had the wave(up and down) modifier, tornadoe(left and right) modifier, and a spin (arrows would rotate) modifyer aswell... Couple Mode could be turned on with a code aswell.

Solo arrows effected both players... just like in DDR lol (does anyone know if that's been fixed in supernova?)

I cant think of anything else interesting about the game right now.... but if you have any questions.... feel free to ask.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:57 pm

letshavetea wrote:Solo arrows effected both players... just like in DDR lol (does anyone know if that's been fixed in supernova?)
Yes, it has been. But now Solo arrows are called "Rainbow" arrows, IIRC.