Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Elite Beat Agents

Post by Ho » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:14 pm

Elite Beat Agents

I picked this game up for my Nintendo DS last night. I had been waiting for a (non-import) music game to be available for the DS, and now I have one!

The game is definitely fun! The touch screen adds a new twist on the music game genre. Essentially, the game is played by tapping on-screen targets in time to music. It's a pretty standard music game concept except that you're actually pressing points on the screen rather than activating some control that corresponds to something on the screen. You have to tap the targets on beat AND in order (they're numbered). And they don't just appear left-to-right and top-to-bottom. So you're having to work out sequences as well beats. It makes for some fun, dynamic, and challenging game play. I quite enjoy it!

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:47 pm

Yeah, so, I stopped by Best Buy before heading home last night, and apparently, they didn't have it. Lame!

I'm going to try the one up here in Carmel in a bit. Hopefully they'll actually have it
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:53 pm

That hair...
IS AWESOME!

But anyway, sounds interesting...if only I had a DS.

King of Bondage
Standard
Standard

Post by King of Bondage » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:59 pm

That looks hilarious, I want it.

I'm 1337 cause I copy everyone else...

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:38 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:Yeah, so, I stopped by Best Buy before heading home last night, and apparently, they didn't have it. Lame!

I'm going to try the one up here in Carmel in a bit. Hopefully they'll actually have it
The Best Buy in Castleton? That's where I bought it...right before I showed up at X-Site, in fact. They had several copies. Could it be that they sold out in a 2-3 hours? Well, the game is that good! :D

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:05 pm

Well, the one here in Carmel didn't have any copies of it either. My guess is they sold out. They did have it advertised in their weekly ad, as well as the buy two get one free on Touch Generation games, so they probably sold pretty quickly. Oh well, I picked up a copy from Circuit City instead.

This. Game. Is. AWESOME!

I <3 EBA :3
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:01 pm

My friend let me play this, its a great concept but the songs get old by the time I finished playing it for the first time
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."