DJ Max

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: DJ Max

Post by Riot » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:44 pm

DJ Max Portable Black Square Edition is pretty awesome no doubt about it. It's very hard though, even some of the early missions can be frustrating. But the new songs so far are great and more difficult charts after wimpy Clazziquai are welcome. I recommend you guys pick it up if you like music games (if there are perhaps any music game fans on this forum).

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:21 pm

God DJ Max Black Square is so frigg'n hard.... I can beat every song in the game and get pretty good scores, like 95-99% on most everything, but half of these missions are ridiculous... 97% and Fever x7 on a 6-button FX (so basically 8 button) tough song. Argh. And the missions where you have to get 100% are very frustrating. But other than that, this mix has the best songs and is, in general, totally sweet.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:12 pm

Would you guys recommend this mix for someone just getting acquainted with the series (i.e. ME)?
Or is it too hard?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:06 pm

I would get DJ Max 2 first, it has a lot of songs that fall in the full spectrum of difficulty. Lots of easier songs to get you acquainted and still lots of pretty difficult songs for you to practice on. Black Square in my opinion is not really for beginners, mainly because the missions you need to pass in order to move on and unlock more stuff can be brutal. Get DJ Max 2 it's pretty amazing.

On a side note, DJM2 seems ridiculously easy after playing Black Square so much. I'm able to pass all these hard missions that I couldn't touch before with ease lol. Hell, get DJ Max 1 and 2 if you can Dan they're both good. I think there's that US release that combines some songs from both 1 and 2 soon but I don't know how good that'll be and it might have been delayed. The korean versions have english everything so it's not a big deal to just import one. Or "import" from the internets.

edit: DJ Max Clazziquai Edition is the one meant for "beginners" into the series but it's very easy, almost too easy for anybody that's played a good deal of music games in the past. It has some tougher songs, but overall it makes you play the same easy songs a lot to progress in the game and it's annoying. DJ Max 2 is your best bet imo.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:55 pm

Well, internets is my source anyway, so I'm not worried too much about importing/paying...
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the site I go to has 1 or 2...I know they have Black Square (which I've already downloaded but haven't had a chance to try yet) and Clazziquai though.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Well between those two anyways, I would play Clazziquai at least a bit so you get used to it, then head over to Black Square whenever you're comfortable with playing as high difficulty as you can. The songs themselves aren't the hard part about Black Square, it's just the insane mission requirements. But yeah, search for DJ Max 2 if possible if you can find it anywhere.

dr88
Standard
Standard

Post by dr88 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:39 am

Riot wrote:DJ Max Portable Black Square Edition is pretty awesome no doubt about it. It's very hard though, even some of the early missions can be frustrating. But the new songs so far are great and more difficult charts after wimpy Clazziquai are welcome. I recommend you guys pick it up if you like music games (if there are perhaps any music game fans on this forum).
Judging by what you said, you probably have Black Square. Well, if you have it as UMD, I don't have any question. But if you're using iso file, can you help me on this? Some of sound components don't seem to be working (i.e., through out the song, you'll only hear the sound made my what you play). Do I need to find a patch file or something?

dr88
Image Dallas? SALAD

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:00 pm

dr88 wrote:
Riot wrote:DJ Max Portable Black Square Edition is pretty awesome no doubt about it. It's very hard though, even some of the early missions can be frustrating. But the new songs so far are great and more difficult charts after wimpy Clazziquai are welcome. I recommend you guys pick it up if you like music games (if there are perhaps any music game fans on this forum).
Judging by what you said, you probably have Black Square. Well, if you have it as UMD, I don't have any question. But if you're using iso file, can you help me on this? Some of sound components don't seem to be working (i.e., through out the song, you'll only hear the sound made my what you play). Do I need to find a patch file or something?

dr88
I use an ISO but don't have any issues. Maybe check out the GameFAQs board on it or googling, or maybe update your custom firmware.

dr88
Standard
Standard

Post by dr88 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:23 pm

I use an ISO but don't have any issues. Maybe check out the GameFAQs board on it or googling, or maybe update your custom firmware.
How may I update my custom firmware? Darn...only if I can meet you somewhere to figure things out, that would be heck a lot easier.

dr88
Image Dallas? SALAD

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:32 pm

I think you just go to Wirelessly Update or something.... On the very far left of the menu bar you know, there's like Firmware or System Settings. See if there's a update button in there.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Riot wrote:I think you just go to Wirelessly Update or something.... On the very far left of the menu bar you know, there's like Firmware or System Settings. See if there's a update button in there.
Be careful with this, I'm not sure if all custom firmwares are set to update via the built-in update feature; he may end up upgrading to a legit firmware, which would be catastrophic.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:39 pm

I'm pretty sure if it's the most common custom firmware it auto-updates to the latest custom firmware. I dunno, ask Whitedragon, didn't he mod it? He would know what kind he put on I'm sure.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:10 am

Yeah, it should just update through the 'Network Update' option. You'll just need to get it connected to the internet to do so.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

dr88
Standard
Standard

Post by dr88 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:34 am

Hooray it works just fine with 4.01...As I mentioned indivisually earlier.

But yeah...missions are getting ridiculous...

dr88
Image Dallas? SALAD

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 am

Which mission are you at?