Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

EZ2Dancer

Post by Ho » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:28 am

BeatmaniacIIDX,

I saw an EZ2Dancer userbar in your signature. I assume that means you've played it. So my question to you is: Where?

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:38 pm

*Crickets chirp*

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:54 pm

I PMed him to let him know this was here.

I had posted this publicly instead of just PMing him in the first place so that other people who might be interested in the answer could see it.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:57 pm

so where did he run into ez2dancer? i always wanted to try ez2dj's party mode or whatever where you chose the next song while playing your current

looked interesting for a few rounds at least
insert code compile execute return

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:01 pm

What exactly is EZ2Dancer? And am I not reading that title correctly, or is it supposed to be in Engrish?

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:04 pm

it was made by koreans since konami refuses to allow bemani in korea

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:27 pm

sam wrote:it was made by koreans since konami refuses to allow bemani in korea
How do you explain DDR 3rd Mix Ver.KOREA2, Dance Freaks, Para Para Dancing, etc.?

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:36 pm

Ho wrote:How do you explain DDR 3rd Mix Ver.KOREA2, Dance Freaks, Para Para Dancing, etc.?
I don't know about anyone else, but I'VE never seen visual proof that any of these games exist. :P

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:51 pm

Arka wrote:
Ho wrote:How do you explain DDR 3rd Mix Ver.KOREA2, Dance Freaks, Para Para Dancing, etc.?
I don't know about anyone else, but I'VE never seen visual proof that any of these games exist. :P
I know you're joking, but...

DDR 3rd Mix Ver.KOREA2
Dance Freaks
Para Para Dancing

Each of these was a special version of an existing Bemani game directed specifically at the Korean market. As such, each of them included additional Korean songs that did not appear on the Japanese (or other region) releases of the corresponding game.
Last edited by Ho on Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:52 pm

Ho wrote:
How do you explain DDR 3rd Mix Ver.KOREA2, Dance Freaks, Para Para Dancing, etc.?
i'm too lazy to think of an excuse.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:52 pm

sam wrote:
Ho wrote:
You could just admit that you were talking out of your ass (again). ;)

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:53 pm

TEASE!

I take it you have all of these? Yeah, figures. :P

Edit: actually, I lie. It looks like the Dance Freaks machine wasn't in your basement. That's okay, I'm still jealous.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:00 pm

Arka wrote:TEASE!

I take it you have all of these? Yeah, figures. :P

Edit: actually, I lie. It looks like the Dance Freaks machine wasn't in your basement. That's okay, I'm still jealous.
I only have 3rd Mix VK2. I have DanceManiaX, but I do not have Dance Freaks. I also have ParaParaParadise, but I do not have Para Para Dancing.

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:18 pm

Ho wrote:
sam wrote:
Ho wrote: How do you explain DDR 3rd Mix Ver.KOREA2, Dance Freaks, Para Para Dancing, etc.?
You could just admit that you were talking out of your ass (again). ;)
maybe, but i swear i remember something about PIU suing Konami and the result was konami wasn't allowed to release any more bemani in korea. I mean yeah, those exist but they were out before ez2dancer ever existed.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:37 pm

sam wrote:maybe, but i swear i remember something about PIU suing Konami and the result was konami wasn't allowed to release any more bemani in korea. I mean yeah, those exist but they were out before ez2dancer ever existed.
This is a whole other discussion...
dance1005 wrote:What exactly is EZ2Dancer? And am I not reading that title correctly, or is it supposed to be in Engrish?
I think this question got lost in the off-tangent discussion.

EZ2Dancer is another dance game. It is not produced by either Konami or Andamiro. It looks a little something like this:

I've never seen nor played one in real life, so I can't comment too much on what it's like. However, my understanding is that it has a smooth, flat stage surface rather than defined panels like DDR and PIU. I do not know how they are triggered, but I believe there are three active areas. There are also some kind of hand sensors ala DMX or PPP that are a part of the game as well.

As for the name, the same company also produces a game called EZ2DJ which is apparently similar to beatmania. So I think the awkwardness of the EZ2Dancer title was their (engrishy) attempt to make the game a part of an EZ2 series.

EZ2Dance might have been a grammatically better title, but I think they might have been trying to use an english noun (DJ or Dancer) to describe the player rather than a verb to describe the action. Who knows. Sam is correct that the game is of Korean origin. If Andamiro is any indication, proper english is a bit of a struggle for them. ;)

But the reason I started this thread is that if there's an EZ2Dancer machine around somewhere, I'd like to try and play it. I'm curious!
Last edited by Ho on Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.