Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Gamecube Dance Game?

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:57 pm

I saw this earlier today at GameStop.

Has anybody played it or heard anything about it?
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:06 pm

OH SNAP...DDR with Mario!

Discussion at DDR Freak...

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:19 pm

That's not what I saw, though. Had nothing to do with Mario.

Am thinking of buying it just because I want a dance game. x_x Have been trying to save up for a PS2, but other expenses lately have been too much to save for another toy. n_n;;

Will probably get it tonight, and then I'll post up what's going on with it or whatnot, 'kaykay?
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:15 pm

I have heard of this (not the mario thing, I have heard of that but yeah). My friend told me she had played DDR on gamecube. I told her she was mistaken but she swore by it and she was sure it wasnt PS, PS2, or Xbox. She said it used a regular DDR soft pad. I was the confused!

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:18 pm

Might be some sort of weird, privatly made DDR fan game...

though that would be extreamly hard to do on Gamecube, with it's 1" DVD blue disk, and lack of DDR pads.

Both would pretty much has be to custom made. And that would be expensive.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:21 pm

DeeDeeArio?

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:00 pm

I saw this when I was picking up my copy of WarioWare Touched! today at EB. I assume that this is it. It looks to me as something to get only if you absolutely can't wait until DDR w/Mario comes out. It's by MadCatz though so I wouldn't trust the quality of it too much though.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:40 pm

xK1 wrote:I saw this when I was picking up my copy of WarioWare Touched! today at EB. I assume that this is it. It looks to me as something to get only if you absolutely can't wait until DDR w/Mario comes out. It's by MadCatz though so I wouldn't trust the quality of it too much though.
yea i wanted a DDR game for gamecube... i thought about getting it... but then i realized that i hate madcatz... and so i told my step bro to get it... and instead he got DDR EXTREME.... not much better i suppose....

but yea.. im wondering how that game is doing in sales.. "McGrooves Dance Craze"... im guessing not so well.. considering well 2 things...
1) its made by madcatz....
2) the name... would you buy a game with that name?!

anyways... i would like to actually have some feedback on this game.. i havent talked to anybody who has bought it... if anyone has it speak up! dont feel too ashamed :p

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:16 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/puzzle ... index.html
They rated it with a "terrible" (score of a rated it with a "terrible" (score of a 2. it with a "terrible" (score of a 2.9) Damn.

Mei-Mei
Standard
Standard

Post by Mei-Mei » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:03 pm

......ewww.....did you read the bands in the description?!?!?!?!?

"Enjoy dancing to many of your favorite tunes by Jessica Simpson, Jewel, Kevin Lyttle, DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince, KC and the Sunshine Band... just to name a few. The whole family will enjoy dancing to the wide variety of music available."

>_>;;; I think I'm going to vomit....

AtomX

Post by AtomX » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:35 pm

DJ Jazzy Jeff is amazing.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:23 pm

http://gamefreaks365.com/modules.php?na ... &artid=568

i found this looking for info on the madcatz game
Anyway, so far as the gameplay goes, the game, like all dance games, is simplistic but difficult. You spread out your pad on the floor, and, depending on which style of play you choose, there will either be arrows going in eight directions or four directions (obviously, four directions is easier). You also have three difficulty levels to choose from, although I, having never played a game of this type before, found even easy to be fairly difficult.

Now, I said that the arrows head in multiple directions. I have seen DDR (Dance Dance Revolution), and I know that with it all the arrows head up to the top of the screen. However, this game is more convenient in that it actually shows you which direction you have to step in. The arrows that require you to step left go toward an icon at the left, for example. While this saves you the trouble of having to worry as much about what direction the arrows are facing, it does mean that you have to be looking at more of the screen, although I am sure that can easily be adjusted to.
i pulled that out of the page there.... that would be really odd to play how they say it is... with the arrows on the left and right and such....

Darkstarwebstar
Standard
Standard

been there hate that

Post by Darkstarwebstar » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:11 pm

i have played this game. it is a disgrace to the name ddr. i have found a better use though. put the music on mute and play your own music and then its like a game you like except mario and other nintendo characters are in it. i give it a -1 for lack of thought by gamecube.
You're beautiful
Well I'm a total wreck and almost every day.
Like the firing squad or the mess you made.
Well don't I look pretty walking down the street.
In the best damn dress(pair of pants for me) I own?
My Chemical Romance- Give Em Hell, Kid

PokemasterDG
Light
Light

Re: been there hate that

Post by PokemasterDG » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:48 pm

Darkstarwebstar wrote:i have played this game. it is a disgrace to the name ddr. i have found a better use though. put the music on mute and play your own music and then its like a game you like except mario and other nintendo characters are in it. i give it a -1 for lack of thought by gamecube.
I'm kind of wondering where you played DDR: Mario Mix in February… In any case, my girlfriend (at the time) purchased MC Groovz Dance Craze and… well… yeah, it sucks. The pad might be useful when DDR: Mario Mix comes out, though.

Which, by the way, I think will be just as great a game as every other DDR game that has come out. Guess we'll have to wait until we can actually play it before we start judging it, huh?

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:03 pm

Playing mario with a nintendo power pad is not ddr mario mix :wink:
Really, we will have to wait to see if it is any good or not. My guess is that a lot of experienced players will not like it at all, but there will still be bunch of people(excluding nintendo fanboys) that will like it. It's kind of like how people don't like ultramix 2 that much(or I don't at least) but done right it could be good.
On the topic of the pad for the gamecube I would make one like you would make your own playstation home pad(by using an old controller). Unless that madcatz pad or the one they will bundle with mario mix are any good that's what I would do if I were to buy the game.
I can't find a song list for it (I didn't look TOO hard) but it could turn out to be a uniquely fun game.