Karaoke Revolution Party

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Karaoke Revolution Party

Post by letshavetea » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:53 am

Hello all, I don't know if any of you have played this yet... I am pretty sure most of you have played Karaoke Revolution before but this takes the game to a whole new level.

By combining DDR with it. At the bottom of the screen below the lyrics to the song simple steps go across the screen that you have to push to get a good score (or you can play Karaoke Revolution Classic... without the steps...)

There is a Demo for this game on DDR Ultramix 3 on Xbox so if you have that game... i would reccommend trying the demo on there.

This game is best played with a bunch of guys who think they are all tough... then they sing their little hearts out into "Crazy in Love" and get a platnium medal. I know the next party im going to im bringin my Mic, Xbox, and this game because watching drunk people play is even more hillarious.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:45 am

I picked up the PS2 version a couple weeks back. I haven't had much opportunity to play it yet since I haven't had the above prescribed bunch of tough guys (and the group of girls who immediately put the guys in their place) over since I've had it, but I have to say that the little bit I've seen so far I've been very happy with it.

It's nice to see a fresh new look to the game as a whole rather than just a new colored skin as in Vols. 2 and 3. I also really appreciate the fact that they use the music beds for the songs in the game on the menu and grading screens rather than the all-too-short KR music loop. That got so darn tedious when you were entering names for multiple players or anything else that caused you to have to listen to it for more than 30 seconds.

I'm also happy to see new modes incorporated as were in vol. 3. Duets were a killer new feature in Vol. 3, and I'm looking forward to playing with some of the new things they've added this time around to add to the already proven formula. So far these things in 'Party' seem kinda gimmicky but should at least prove entertaining or amusing--especially in a group setting. For instance, Sing and Dance mode with the DDR pad seems a bit silly to me, but I will admit that it would be challenging simply from the standpoint of having to deal with multiple game elements simultaneously.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to having a Karaoke Revolution "Party" of my own to break in this new game. It's been too long since I've dusted off my mics to do some crazy crooning with my friends. This seems like as good an excuse as any.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:50 pm

It is a great game, and in the PS2 version I read that you can use the Eyetoy camera to make a 3D model of your face to put on a dancer in the game.

The Sing and Dance mode got me a little confused. I couldn't concentrate on the notes to sing to and the arrows at the same time... and i forgot about the arrows about half way through the game although i was using a controller if i used a mat instead i probably would havent forgot about them

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:20 pm

I got it about a week ago, and I've been having fun singing the songs and getting new stuff, etc.

The character creation thing is kind of a joke thus far, because you can't really switch heads and bodies on characters without making them look absurd. u_u

I'm looking forward to Christmas, because I'm getting a new headset for it. Somehow, I janked up the microphone I got with Karaoke Revolution 3. Which is surprising, because I rarely mess "equipment" like that up.

I haven't played yet with the dance mat because, yes, I agree, I feel like I'll get confused. n_x

Thus far, though, I'm enjoying it. And I will until my hands decide to be nice to me again so I can play Soul Calibur III, or until I get We Love Katamari. n_n But until then, sing on!
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:50 pm

I got this game for Christmas from my wife :D , then proceeded to play it all weekend long at my parents house for New Years. I have a family full of wannabe musicians (and hams!), so it was great fun.

I happened to get two microphones (GameCube version), and the two-mike modes are by far the best. The two-mike mini-games are absolutely hilarious, and worth the purchase price by themselves!

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:46 am

malictus wrote:I got this game for Christmas from my wife :D , then proceeded to play it all weekend long at my parents house for New Years. I have a family full of wannabe musicians (and hams!), so it was great fun.

I happened to get two microphones (GameCube version), and the two-mike modes are by far the best. The two-mike mini-games are absolutely hilarious, and worth the purchase price by themselves!
Haven't played the two mic thing yet, because I think we've only got one functioning mic in our group of friends, and as it turned out, I'm getting my mic for my birthday instead of Christmas. Along with the new Katamari game. Which is exciting. Either way, I'll be looking forward to playing the minigames with Mexican Ninja and Blaze (rest his poor IndyDDR soul, as he doesn't come here anymore).
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:41 pm

Coolest. Game. Ever.

Except for DDR... and Beatmania.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:48 am

Ho wrote:
At any rate, I'm looking forward to having a Karaoke Revolution "Party" of my own to break in this new game. It's been too long since I've dusted off my mics to do some crazy crooning with my friends. This seems like as good an excuse as any.
Don't forget to invite me! I love to sing...I'm singing along with the songs even when it's not my turn!

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:07 pm

I tried the "dance and sing" thing on the trial from extreme 2, and i could hardley follow the arrows, without singing. I dont see how thats possible singing and dancing...