Guitar Hero

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

ewakko
Beginner
Beginner

Guitar Hero

Post by ewakko » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:46 pm

Anyone preordering Guitar Hero? They have good tracks, but the notes scroll slanted coming down in angle. kind of like star wars credits.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:13 pm

Bought it yesterday at my local Best Buy. The game is absolutely incredible. The songlist is pretty solid for the most part. There are very few songs I outright dislike. The difficulty and learning curve are set up well too. You start off using only three keys and work up to all 5... which is damn hard on the wrist, may I add. If you have any tolerance for rock music, I highly recommend getting it because this is probably the best game I've played this year... this and Shadow of the Colossus, but still!

My only complaint is that individual guitars aren't on sale anywhere yet, so I'll have to find someone else who's bought a copy before I can try out the Multiplayer mode, which I hear from reviews is a blast.

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:48 pm

Secef wrote:Bought it yesterday at my local Best Buy. The game is absolutely incredible. The songlist is pretty solid for the most part. There are very few songs I outright dislike. The difficulty and learning curve are set up well too. You start off using only three keys and work up to all 5... which is damn hard on the wrist, may I add. If you have any tolerance for rock music, I highly recommend getting it because this is probably the best game I've played this year... this and Shadow of the Colossus, but still!

My only complaint is that individual guitars aren't on sale anywhere yet, so I'll have to find someone else who's bought a copy before I can try out the Multiplayer mode, which I hear from reviews is a blast.
OMG [getting tonight because I didn't know it was out yet]

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:31 pm

i'm debating it...the only reason i don't want to is because it's red octane and i dislike their business tactics and unoriginal thinking.
insert code compile execute return

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:06 pm

i'm a sucker :oops:

DjKARL
Standard
Standard

More reasons why Kansas sucks!

Post by DjKARL » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:58 am

I spent the past week hassling the guys at gamestop and EB about GH, and they are ALL going by the RedOctane release date (7 Nov 2005)! This is tres mal cause the closest Best Buy is nearly 2 hours away and I have no car....and no one is in the right mind to drive me 2 hours to a Best Buy to just get a video game!

~Derick~

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:06 am

I'm not the biggest fan of rock music, but I did enjoy the game. Only thing that bothers me is that it's style of grading is 'hit' or 'miss' much like Frequency or Amplitude. That and every song is 3+ minutes. The songlist is pretty neat though, and the replay value is high as a kite.

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:25 am

for those who were wondering, this controller will NOT work with guitar freaks

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:18 pm

I actually didn't think too much about this guitar hero game, I just thought it'd be basically guitar freaks for PS2. I didn't even realize there were 5 buttons :D. I might consider buying this, I dunno, I'm broke. Anyone want to buy it for me? :D
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:52 pm

man 5 frets is hard D:

i've beaten medium with 5 stars on everything but goin to 5 is just not happening for me.. i'm gonna give advanced training a shot and hope i can not suck...but i did do take me out hard and got 4 stars :D

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:12 am

Well I've played guitar for a while now :D but I doubt it would really help other than coordination. Guitar freaks is WAY too easy IMO. I would sometimes play it at PP inbetween rounds of DDR. I've probably played it a total of 8 times, and I've beaten the hardest songs on that machine. The hardest thing is reading the notes. They get too close, they need a speed mod....

oh...

does guitar hero have a speed mod on it?

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:48 am

yep!

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:20 pm

i wish i had a PS2. i want to play this game.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:44 pm

Green Tea wrote:Well I've played guitar for a while now :D but I doubt it would really help other than coordination. Guitar freaks is WAY too easy IMO. I would sometimes play it at PP inbetween rounds of DDR. I've probably played it a total of 8 times, and I've beaten the hardest songs on that machine. The hardest thing is reading the notes. They get too close, they need a speed mod....

oh...

does guitar hero have a speed mod on it?
What mix does PP have? GF V gets downright hard when you put it on the harder difficulties, and it does have speed mods (hit green twice at the menu, older code is red-green-blue-pick-pick). Even 4th mix can get kinda dicey on Extreme/Extreme+.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:17 pm

MonMotha wrote:What mix does PP have? GF V gets downright hard when you put it on the harder difficulties, and it does have speed mods (hit green twice at the menu, older code is red-green-blue-pick-pick). Even 4th mix can get kinda dicey on Extreme/Extreme+.
I'm 90% sure it is 3rd style, or whatever they call it on guitar freaks....