Which option do you want to see happen?

47%
53%

Total votes: 19

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:43 am

OrangeLounger wrote:I have a brilliant idea.

PP should sell their current machine, and use that money towards buying a brand new PIU machine and a brand new ITG2 machine.
OMFG the genious speaks! do it. perfect idea.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:27 am

Potter wrote:chill ho-man, I dont hate pump, I just know that the people that like itg type songs probably wont liek the songs on pump.
TRUST ME NO PUMP. The songs all sucks and the setup is horrible. I garuntee you guys wont like it.
Insert foot ---> mouth.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:26 am

Potter wrote:

PP should sell their current machine, and use that money towards buying a brand new PIU machine and a brand new ITG2 machine.
OMFG the genious speaks! do it. perfect idea.
would the revenue from extreme be enough to cover a brand new PIU? I need to go to bed
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:07 am

Green Tea wrote:would the revenue from extreme be enough to cover a brand new PIU? I need to go to bed
Pump? Probably, yes. ITG 2? Definately not (seeing as how it costs almost twice as much).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:09 am

Dear God, the stupid. It hurts. It hurts baaaaaaaaaaaad.

XeRo
Standard
Standard

Post by XeRo » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:07 am

I definately go with PIU because I've personally never had the chance to play it and according to Mark, it's pretty effin' sweet. I wouldn't mind another Extreme but I'm a bit tired of playing it personally because it was all we had for quite some time...I just want something new, but either way, I'd be satisfied.

tepples
Light
Light

Post by tepples » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:10 pm

XeroCi wrote:o.o....
You don't like Pump?
I like pump.
Sha-ba, sha-ba-la-ba-la-sha-ba-hop-hey!
Sha-ba, sha-ba-la-ba-la-PUMP IS GAY! [1]
Sha-ba, sha-ba-la-ba-la-sha-ba-hop-hey!
How 'bout a really tasty CHICKEN POT PIE!
Green Tea wrote:One problem though.... Fast track slips like hell
The first day I ever went to Fast Track, I figured out how to fix a slippery arcade pad. Lean the pad forward by the handrail, find the rubber feet attached to bolts, and rotate the nuts on those bolts to push the rubber feet downward. If you do that before you play, FT is fine.
One of the few reasons I'll leave putt putt is to go to TnT to play Extreme. If they are both in the same building (and replaces the skiball machine)
Nothing can replace ICE BALL. Most redemption games (meaning coin-operated games that spit out tickets) bring in more tokens per day than a typical music game. The only problem with ICE BALL is that the first few times I failed Bouff, it was because I couldn't hear the music over the ICE BALL machine well enough to latch onto its blue-arrow syncopated rhythm.
seveneleven wrote:sooner or later CeCs will get [an Extreme]
Chuck E. is more likely to get a PIU based on the fact that there's an Exceed machine pictured in just about every commercial that the chain runs.

Here's an idea: Why not run a TOKENPOLL so that players can put their money where their mouth is? Put two coin boxes next to each other, one marked "PUMP IT UP + IN THE GROOVE 2 CONVERSION" and one marked "DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION + IN THE GROOVE 2 DEDICATED", each with a picture of the pair of machines. After a month, buy the machine corresponding to the box that that has collected more tokens. Heck, the revenue from the TOKENPOLL could help toward paying for the new machine.

[1] (Not that I have a problem with that.)

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:30 pm

tepples wrote:
Green Tea wrote:One problem though.... Fast track slips like hell
The first day I ever went to Fast Track, I figured out how to fix a slippery arcade pad. Lean the pad forward by the handrail, find the rubber feet attached to bolts, and rotate the nuts on those bolts to push the rubber feet downward. If you do that before you play, FT is fine.
more of a question is why FT doesn't do that themselves? I also think that the feet might be stripped from the stories I've heard of the metro-goth that destroyed it.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:55 pm

Pump. Def. The first time i played it I hated it. After that I loved it.
~*Erica*~

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:38 pm

Erica6924 wrote:Pump. Def. The first time i played it I hated it. After that I loved it.
Oh man, same here. I played it once, and was all like, "This game blows omgomgogmogmogmSUCK". I played it again next year (on my yearly Wisconsin Hell Trip) and became addicted. I'm pretty sure if I got to play it more, I'd like it better than ITG.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:29 am

First off i really wouldnt count on any IIDX upgrades. 2nd Thier is NO way we could sell our current machine to get 2 new ones that just insane. We have a lot more thing to worry about expese wise. It is not easy to make $15,000 with other thing to worry about especaly our soon to be new volcano course with flamin volcano. Not to sound harsh but certain things just cant happen selling the game is one of them. At most selling the cabniet right now would get us $4500 that still means we have to come up with $10,500! That my not sound like a lot but trust me it is.
Warning incoming game!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:56 am

Bionix wrote:First off i really wouldnt count on any IIDX upgrades. 2nd Thier is NO way we could sell our current machine to get 2 new ones that just insane. We have a lot more thing to worry about expese wise. It is not easy to make $15,000 with other thing to worry about especaly our soon to be new volcano course with flamin volcano. Not to sound harsh but certain things just cant happen selling the game is one of them. At most selling the cabniet right now would get us $4500 that still means we have to come up with $10,500! That my not sound like a lot but trust me it is.
By that math, it sounds like a dedicated ITG2 is out of range with its $9999 price tag. Add shipping and tax, and you're likely at $10,500, if not more.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:08 pm

Bottom line the cost for both even after selling a cabnet (If we would sell it) is in the $10,000+ range. Money doesnt grow on trees and i belive some people dont understand that.
Warning incoming game!

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:12 pm

Bionix wrote:Bottom line the cost for both even after selling a cabnet (If we would sell it) is in the $10,000+ range. Money doesnt grow on trees and i belive some people dont understand that.
True yet either way ill be playin whatever(if anything) is gotten =D so idhc for the most part except imho i would prefer a DC but hey beggers cant be choosers =D

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:12 pm

Bionix wrote:Bottom line the cost for both even after selling a cabnet (If we would sell it) is in the $10,000+ range. Money doesnt grow on trees and i belive some people dont understand that.
Right...but if you were to not sell the current machine and just buy a dedicated ITG2 cabinet, you'd also be spending in the $10,000+ range. That's why I was saying that by your math the ITG2 machine is already out of range of your budget unless there's some other element to this equation that I'm missing.