Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Mishawaka's changes

Post by pkmnx » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:44 am

In the space of about 2 weeks, we've gotten an overhaul:

- Both of Mega Play's machines are now ITG2.

- A new location opened at a skating rink - a dedicated ITG2.

Come check them out sometime.

(P.S. - Mishawaka is now DDR-free except for the bowling alley's overpriced, bad-pads Extreme.)
Last edited by pkmnx on Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:27 pm

Dont forget PP will be gettiing ITG2 as well.
Warning incoming game!

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:17 am

Bionix wrote:Dont forget PP will be gettiing ITG2 as well.
Two weeks ago I talked to a manager about it, and his response was basically "wtf people keep saying this, but we're not getting it."

So, unless it's changed...

Anyway, I refuse to play there until they fix their pads. 2 BS misses EVERY song = no-no.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:30 am

well i dont get pad misses there....so maybe its just your technique....but however my only complaint was gettin hit with a skee ball

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:25 pm

seveneleven wrote:well i dont get pad misses there....so maybe its just your technique....but however my only complaint was gettin hit with a skee ball

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:05 pm

seveneleven wrote:well i dont get pad misses there....so maybe its just your technique....but however my only complaint was gettin hit with a skee ball
He's talking about the putt putt in Mishiwaka. Do you play at the putt putt in Mishiwaka? No.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:36 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:
He's talking about the putt putt in Mishiwaka. Do you play at the putt putt in Mishiwaka? No.
Stop being an ass. Kthxbai.

P.S. It's really sad that Mishawaka has no more DDR. ;-;
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:27 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:P.S. It's really sad that Mishawaka has no more DDR. ;-;
pkmnx wrote:(P.S. - Mishawaka is now DDR-free except for the bowling alley's overpriced, bad-pads Extreme.)
gb2ddrfreak kthx^-^

Yeah. I don't find it a bad thing, since ITG > DDR. It would have been nice, though, to have one Mega Play's machines stay Extreme while the other went ITG2...although no one would play the Extreme, in comparison.

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:27 pm

Update to this.

I'm officially "boycotting" the PP here. It's not a real boycott because I don't try and convince other people to do it, too - I don't need to. I was the last person in the area to quit playing at PP permanently. Everyone else moved to Mega Play a while back.

Basically, our local manager called in "a trained mechanic" [sic] to look at our machine, who said it was "in perfect condition".

Played a round and failed because 75% of the steps on one arrow were misses.

Played a round on the other pad. Same thing, except only about 50-60% misses.

I talked to our local manager about it - a man I've known since the fourth grade. He blew up in my face, literally tried to throw money at me when I asked for my tokens back, and basically said the pads are never going to get fixed, it's entirely my problem, if I don't like it: get out.

So I did.

Mega Play has turned out to be an excellent location. Whenever a sensor blows, we have someone out to either fix it or, even better, watch US fix it, within a few minutes. The second ITG2 machine is getting changed into either Extreme or, if I can wrangle it, a Stepmania machine under my supervision. How cool is that?

So, anyway, if you're planning on stopping by...Mega Play is your best bet if you want to actually pass songs, although the skating rink has a dedicated cabinet. I don't play there for pricing reasons and the fact that lots of gangs hang out there. o_o;

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:47 pm

yeah by all means get a stepmania machine if you can.
Team KIMO represent!

bunnydreams
Standard
Standard

Post by bunnydreams » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:27 pm

I really need to go out and play more..I haven't played ITG2 at all...I've been so caught up with school and work..:<..if anyone is up for playing and I'm free I'll go with.
:O

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:08 pm

bunnydreams wrote:I really need to go out and play more..I haven't played ITG2 at all...I've been so caught up with school and work..:<..if anyone is up for playing and I'm free I'll go with.
come out to schererville and play some gay ass ddr. lmao.
Team KIMO represent!

***WILLIS***
Standard
Standard

Post by ***WILLIS*** » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:54 pm

Well i work at megaplay, and im trying to talk them into a 3rd machine (hopefully ddr), pads are nice, all unlocks for ITG2 are currently put in. If we dont get a 3rd machine, ill tell them to put one back to ddr, just because i told them to get 1 upgrade in the first place -.-

Strikes and Spares has DDR:EX w/o unlocks, but i still think the pads are nice, 1 sensor in each bad is bad, but i still get a lot of good scores.

PP i guess got their pads fixed, i still dont like them.

USA is the skating rink that has the ded cab, all unlocks are in as of now, $1 for 4 songs, good enough for me to play on a new machine

BeastieBoys4Life
Standard
Standard

Post by BeastieBoys4Life » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:41 am

Well I don't know if this is a update but whatever

Well DDR at Mega Play is 5 tokens right? Yeah I know rip off but I did talk to the owner because I work there and its still going to be 5 tokens but I got them to put one more stage..so now Mega Play has 4 stages now instead of 3. Yeah I know its not that much I'm working on trying to get it down to 4 tokens.

Downfall of having 4 stages is Susan (part owner) made the JD 5 instead of 4. Er..that does get me mad..but I did AAA Put Your Faith In Me, Graduation and I Believe in Miracles so it doesn't really matter that much to me. Also DBP also AAA Memories lol

They are also thinking about pricing DDR at 6 tokens for 5 stages with extra stage of course so 6 stages for 6 tokens?

I'll keep you guys posted thou really no one goes to Mega Play cept Billy, Coty, Mike some times and me and the other ones like 3 - 5 other people who show up there and also Mat lol

elliottsmithfan5: im being the AAA machine that i am..lol
Str8outa574: oh, yea, that gets the ladies.
Str8outa574: lemme tell ya.
Str8outa574: ive had like 50 girls ask me
Str8outa574: "whose that big burly stud on the DDR machine gettin flags and AAA's?"
Str8outa574: I'm like "that's big nick... big in more ways than one"
elliottsmithfan5: lmao!
elliottsmithfan5: are you for real?
Str8outa574: no, but, i see em lookin..
elliottsmithfan5: damn you
Str8outa574: Gotcha bitch!

150 AAA's and counting more