Tuesdays are now "Pump It Up" Days!!

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:58 pm

I'm not saying it's the "place to be" on Tuesday. It's just a helpful alternative to Downtown for people who are sick of GW or just want to play PIU.

Also, X-site USED to be a DDR location with a 7th mix, and just because they switched to PIU doesn't mean we should completely denounce them and abandon the site, especially if they keep with some sort of dancing game. After all, we have threads on here about ITG now, too.

And again...I am YUME, as in, Japanese for "dream". I don't even know what the hell "Yuma" means, and I'm surely not "Yunalesca". I submit a humble request to be called by name, please and thank you.

I didn't want to step on any toes; I simply wanted to alert the X-site peoples, however many or few there are, to the new offers they're giving us. If you want to continue going to GW, more power to you.

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:20 pm

XxJennaxX wrote:GW: Initial D V3, DDR, Tekken 5, VC3, and a whole bunch more.
VC3 mentioned... that's a noteworthy game?

Yes, this is IndyDDR... yet also look at the other games mentioned here. Just because a deal has been set up at X-Site for PIU doesn't mean you have to go there, it's just being thrown out there. Breathe, precious TBT will survive.
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:09 pm

Ryan Dognaux wrote:

Yes, this is IndyDDR... yet also look at the other games mentioned here. Just because a deal has been set up at X-Site for PIU doesn't mean you have to go there, it's just being thrown out there. Breathe, precious TBT will survive.
Your opinion on this matter is void because you go to neither. The whole point is how Yuma responded and announced the thread. I would hardly call 25 tokens for 5$ a deal anyways. This is IndyDDR no matter how you want to look at it though, if Yuma and Ho with there 2 - 3 other friends at xsite wanna make a indyPUI, go ahead.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

Blaze
Standard
Standard

Post by Blaze » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:33 pm

XxJennaxX wrote:
Ryan Dognaux wrote:

Your opinion on this matter is void because you go to neither. The whole point is how Yuma responded and announced the thread. I would hardly call 25 tokens for 5$ a deal anyways. This is IndyDDR no matter how you want to look at it though, if Yuma and Ho with there 2 - 3 other friends at xsite wanna make a indyPUI, go ahead.
It's IndyDDR, you are right. So why use Initial D, Tekken etc as selling points?

It's not that big of a deal really. God forbid some other place offers a deal that conflicts with something else. No where has it been said that you now must go to play PIU instead of DDR.

Oh right My opinion doesn't matter because I don't live there. Oh well, Suck it.

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:49 pm

XxJennaxX wrote:Your opinion on this matter is void because you go to neither.
a) How would you know if I ever go to either establishment. Are you there 24/7? I think not.
b) My opinion is not void just because I rarely frequent either of these locations. His argument was essentially that PIU should not be discussed since this is IndyDDR (yeah, we get the emphasis). Funny, when we have seperate parts of the forum for other Bemani games. In The Groove is discussed freely. Yet, it's not okay if a PIU deal at X-Site is discussed?
c) Who cares if you don't think it's a deal. The fact remains that you're getting more bang for your buck than usual. That constitutes as a deal.
d) Letters are fun.

Just one more thing to nitpick, eh? If anything, your argrument is invalid. QED.
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:06 pm

I had been going to TBT since our GameWorks Studio was still a Sega City...i.e. long before there was even such a thing as DDR--even in Japan. TBT has a lot of history for me and has been, and I'm sure will continue to be, an excellent deal for those who wish to take advantage of it.

There just simply isn't anything there I personally want to do at the present time whereas there is at X-Site and I'm there already anyway. If the managers are willing to come forward and put something--anything--together for the benefit of their customers...more power to 'em.

My interest in actively promoting DDR, this site, or any other game has diminished substantially over the past year or so. I keep it going as a service to the existing community. No one has any leg to stand on trying to argue any sort of DDR-exclusivity to this site given the wide array of topics that are created and discussed here by all parties involved--the majority of which have nothing to do with DDR or even any other rhythm/music game.

This community exists because of DDR, but it is not the whole of any of us. Therefore, there's plenty of room for other games, other topics, and other opportunities. My current involvement with X-Site is a result of them approaching me, not the other way around. I salute them for their efforts to reach out to the community.

If it seems like I have some sort of PIU agenda, it is only because I detected that several people had a negative opinion of PIU for no other reason than it was not DDR. I sought only to have people form more informed opinions. Try it...then like it or don't. Just choose on its merits, not some sort of misplaced loyalty.