Laser Flash - ITG in the works

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

absoluteRage
Light
Light

Laser Flash - ITG in the works

Post by absoluteRage » Sat May 28, 2005 11:46 am

I went to Laser Flash in Carmel yesterday and found that the machine had been put to .25 a credit. I'm not sure if the staff or Shaffer knows about this, but while it lasts enjoy .50 doubles. Otherwise, the machine is in about the same condition as always.
Last edited by absoluteRage on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

absoluteRage
Light
Light

Post by absoluteRage » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:08 am

I guess the machine was only like that for that one day. Back to 50 cents per credit like before.

absoluteRage
Light
Light

ITG?

Post by absoluteRage » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:43 pm

Well, start the rumor mill...

I first heard from some random lady that Laser Flash would be getting rid of their DDR machine and replacing it with ITG.

This was confirmed when a manager (note: not the owner) said that in fact they were going to be replacing the beloved 3rd Mix Korean Version 2 with an ITG.

He, as well as the lady mentioned previously, cited a ban on importing the necessary parts to service the current machine. This makes me wonder if Shaffer is going to be getting rid of all of their DDR machines since that has already happened at X-Site. But citing a ban on part imports, while probably valid, seems odd that it would only be affecting stuff now after many years of unlicensed DDR machines making their way to the US. What are other people's thoughts on this?

I personally will be sad when the 3rd mix is gone, but I'll probably be in Bloomington by that time. I'll miss the duck, duck, frog, frog, girl with a gun, duck, frog. :(

Secef
Standard
Standard

Re: ITG?

Post by Secef » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:34 pm

absoluteRage wrote:I personally will be sad when the 3rd mix is gone, but I'll probably be in Bloomington by that time. I'll miss the duck, duck, frog, frog, girl with a gun, duck, frog. :(
If you'll be in Bloomington, you'll still be able to play 3rd Mix with a little bit of driving. If you drive about 20 minutes south to Bedford, there's a 3rd Mix Korean v2 in stellar shape at the Mr. Gatti's located just off of IN-37. $0.50 for 5 songs. Good stuff if you ever just NEED to play Hogism.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ITG?

Post by Ho » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:04 pm

absoluteRage wrote:But citing a ban on part imports, while probably valid, seems odd that it would only be affecting stuff now after many years of unlicensed DDR machines making their way to the US. What are other people's thoughts on this?
It's probably not so much a ban as a simple unavailability. There hasn't been a US release of arcade DDR since DDR USA in Oct. 2000. Parts and service on those machines have likely dried up long ago...plus imported machines would not technically be eligible for those.

The source of many of these machines--Japan--isn't much better since Extreme was produced Christmas 2002. That parts supply has likely dried up as well.

So the bottom line is that parts are likely scarce and suppliers likely unreliable.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:29 pm

:shock:

This is the best news I've heard about Laser Flash in a long time.

I litterally live within walking distance of Laser Flash (126th and Keystone), but hardly ever go there. Sure, 3rd Mix is nice once and awhile, but I've been hoping they would get a new machine for some time now. Not to mention I've been hoping someone a little closer than Fort Wayne would get an ITG machine for awhile too. I must say, this is great news to me.

Do you know if they're getting the first or second ITG?
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:05 pm

WhiteDragon wrote::shock:

This is the best news I've heard about Laser Flash in a long time.

I litterally live within walking distance of Laser Flash (126th and Keystone), but hardly ever go there. Sure, 3rd Mix is nice once and awhile, but I've been hoping they would get a new machine for some time now. Not to mention I've been hoping someone a little closer than Fort Wayne would get an ITG machine for awhile too. I must say, this is great news to me.

Do you know if they're getting the first or second ITG?
You live within walking distance, yet you gave the completely wrong intersection. ^_^* If I remember properly, Laser Flash is about 126th and Rangeline...

Unless of coure, you were talking about YOUR address, which is completely fine, too. :P It's nice to know there's still a lot of interest in Carmel.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:04 pm

Yeah, Laser Flash is right off of 126th and Rangeline. When I said 126th and Keystone I was talking about where I live.

Anyway, any idea on when they'll be getting the new machine?

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:29 am

I thought people were too paranoid to post their address on the internet, but I guess it's not like we'll probably see each other playing ddr anyways.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:05 am

Yeah, besides, that's just the intersection I live at. There are developments at each corner of it :roll:

Anyway, hopefully they'll get ITG set up fairly soon. Maybe I should go down there and ask for a time frame...

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:07 pm

Just a note...

I have confirmed with my contact at Shaffer that Laser Flash is indeed supposed to be getting an ITG machine. He did not give a timetable nor did he specify whether it would be ITG1 or ITG2. However, he did specify that it would be a complete machine and not a conversion...and that DDR would be moved to another location.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:34 am

I'll definately be down there once they get this thing installed.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:46 pm

Just checked their website, and it says, and I quote, "In The Groove is here at Laser Flash!" Apparently it arrived on the 28th.

I'll go down tomorrow to confirm this :D

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:31 pm

Well, I was planning on going to play one last game on the machine I "grew up" on, but since it's not there, I guess I can go play a game or two of ITG.

If "Mondo" isn't still there, I may even manage to not get completely annoyed after a mere 5 minutes...
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:22 pm

Bad news: Mondo STILL works there, last time I checked. Sorry.