Ben And Aris?

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

x5060
Standard
Standard

Ben And Aris?

Post by x5060 » Fri May 13, 2005 5:41 pm

Well, i just got kicked out of Ben and Aris because i asked ot have the machine turned up slightly. I asked, he said no, i walked away to go play. He came over and started bitching about how im giving him "attitude". (which those that have met me will know i dont do) He them proceeds to "lay down the law" as he put it. He then proceeded to kick me out... in the middle of a game.

Has this happened to anyone else. It was the older guy, not the owner (hes a good guy and a friend) but the other guy with black and grey hair.

Im going to see if i can get in touch with the owner and ask him about it. And see if hes had any complaints before.
Bring me all the bagel and muffins in the land, for tonight we drink from the keg of victory.

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Re: Ben And Aris?

Post by Grubb » Fri May 13, 2005 9:34 pm

x5060 wrote:Well, i just got kicked out of Ben and Aris because i asked ot have the machine turned up slightly. I asked, he said no, i walked away to go play. He came over and started bitching about how im giving him "attitude". (which those that have met me will know i dont do) He them proceeds to "lay down the law" as he put it. He then proceeded to kick me out... in the middle of a game.

Has this happened to anyone else. It was the older guy, not the owner (hes a good guy and a friend) but the other guy with black and grey hair.

Im going to see if i can get in touch with the owner and ask him about it. And see if hes had any complaints before.
I've gotten kicked out once before. But that was over 2 years ago.

One of the buttons had a large chunk missing. Like someone had chiped a piece of it off and set the large portion back on, so I was playing on the otherside of the pad. Manager walks up and kicks me out for "Playing too Rough" with the pads.

x5060
Standard
Standard

Re: Ben And Aris?

Post by x5060 » Fri May 13, 2005 9:38 pm

Grubb wrote: I've gotten kicked out once before. But that was over 2 years ago.

One of the buttons had a large chunk missing. Like someone had chiped a piece of it off and set the large portion back on, so I was playing on the otherside of the pad. Manager walks up and kicks me out for "Playing too Rough" with the pads.
Who was it? The older guy? or the owner?
Bring me all the bagel and muffins in the land, for tonight we drink from the keg of victory.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri May 13, 2005 9:45 pm

We already have a Ben & Ari's thread, but since this one's active and there's no topic join function, it can continue. Moved to locations.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Sat May 14, 2005 12:01 am

There's a new guy there, and he's a jerk. Pay no mind to him and talk to the managers. They like us...at least most of us. If all else fails, I can talk to them. They're at least nice to me.

As for machine update: The right speaker seems to be permanently out, and the monitor is practically dead. The only reason you can still see anything, according to an acquaintance of mine, is because they cranked up the voltage on it, basically trying to squeeze everything they can out of it.

Shaffer's is such a stingy company, and their service sucks. We were supposed to get a new machine by now, but no. >_<

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat May 14, 2005 12:56 am

Check the wires to the right speaker (as in the wires right up next to the speaker). They're just held in using little clips, and it's possible that it fell out.

As far as the monitor, it's possible the contrast or brightness knob got bumped. IIRC, they have a Korean/Asian/USA cabinet, so I'm not as familiar with the monitor controls, but it's probable that one of the settings is just out of whack if this happened suddenly. Resetting all the controls so that the color check screen is correct (the bars with the arrows should be invisible) may help.

I'd offer to go take a look at it for them, but I know Schaffer wouldn't have it.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue May 17, 2005 12:23 pm

MonMotha wrote:As far as the monitor, it's possible the contrast or brightness knob got bumped. IIRC, they have a Korean/Asian/USA cabinet, so I'm not as familiar with the monitor controls, but it's probable that one of the settings is just out of whack if this happened suddenly. Resetting all the controls so that the color check screen is correct (the bars with the arrows should be invisible) may help.
Monitor controls on non-Japanese cabinets are behind an access panel on the back to the right of the neck of the monitor tube itself. This is not an area that's likely to get accidentally bumped. Plus they're little screw pots that generally would only move deliberately and not accidentally.

If it has been getting worse since it's been there (I remember it being pretty dark the last time I was there) I'd say the monitor is probably just progressively failing. It wouldn't be too much of a surprise...especially if the solution for fixing it has been to simply keep cranking it up.