Better arcades in Indpls.

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

$p33d_D@nc3r
Beginner
Beginner

Better arcades in Indpls.

Post by $p33d_D@nc3r » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:47 pm

We need more Extreme machines in Indianapolis area. all the good mixes are up north it seems.
Evangelion is the Awesome!

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:13 pm

Rascals Fun Zone: East Washington Street
Rascals Fun Zone: Whiteland
Gameworks: Circle Centre Mall
Westside fun park: 86th and High school (I think)

ALL of which have Extreme.

Thats too many if you ask me :-(

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:17 pm

Westside is at 38th and High School Rd., just off the interstate. You can see the giant orange doors for their go-kart track from the interstate. And yes, they do have Extreme.

Oh, and this is more of a locations thing.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:46 pm

I miss good ol' Max 2 :(

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

yea

Post by Ray_Clark » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:41 am

MonMotha wrote:Westside is at 38th and High School Rd., just off the interstate. You can see the giant orange doors for their go-kart track from the interstate. And yes, they do have Extreme.

Oh, and this is more of a locations thing.
I tried to look for that place to. 38th and High School Road? Hmmmm... off the interstate? Like coming from the Highway right? I live on the Westside so I want to be sure. I could use that place for serious practice!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:46 am

They're actually on 37th street near High School road. Take I-465 to the 38th street exit, take 38th street east to the first street (High School Road), take that to 37th westbound. There's a sign on High School road for Westside Fun Park.

However, Westside is currently closed for the season since their primary business is go-karting.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Gumby
Standard
Standard

Post by Gumby » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:32 am

any clue as to when westside intends to reopen for the season?
I don't fear death; I fear not living.

CSystmRocks
Light
Light

Post by CSystmRocks » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:39 pm

Gumby wrote:any clue as to when westside intends to reopen for the season?
I dunno...it was weird because when I drove by earlier in the season it looked like they completely shut up...but I think now they're just closed for the season...

G
"I'm gonna show you how to burn..."

Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:19 pm

CSystmRocks wrote:
Gumby wrote:any clue as to when westside intends to reopen for the season?
I dunno...it was weird because when I drove by earlier in the season it looked like they completely shut up...but I think now they're just closed for the season...

G
cool, that means we can do burnouts in their parking lot. assholes.

yamcha61
Standard
Standard

Post by yamcha61 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:45 am

GaKki wrote:I miss good ol' Max 2 :(
Ben and Ari's has a very good version of Max 2
What happens when you get scared half to death twice?

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:16 am

yamcha61 wrote:
GaKki wrote:I miss good ol' Max 2 :(
Ben and Ari's has a very good version of Max 2
I wouldn't call if very good. The left side has a bit of a problem with the right arrow, and the right yellow selection arrow on this side tends to stick too.

The machine also gets pretty bad glare when they have the houselights on, and the screen is really, really dark for some reason. And when the houselights are on, it's really, really hard to see the screen because the reflections are much brighter than the screen it's self.

They keep the volume kinda loud, but the speaker on the right side tends to go out sometimes.

Also, the machie's arrows seem to get LOTS of dirt on them, making the playing surcafe kinda slippery. I've messed up several times because I had to catch myself from falling.

X-site has a better of a 7th Mix machine. The only problem with that one is that it cost 0.75 cents per game instead of 0.50 cents like Ben and Ari's does.

Mr. Worm
Standard
Standard

Post by Mr. Worm » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:08 pm

Grubb wrote:X-site has a better of a 7th Mix machine. The only problem with that one is that it cost 0.75 cents per game instead of 0.50 cents like Ben and Ari's does.
Lately, the left arrow on the left pad barely responds.
And the clientele isn't as friendly as B&As. Of course, Castleton's been getting seedy lately.

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:23 pm

Mr. Worm wrote:
Grubb wrote:X-site has a better of a 7th Mix machine. The only problem with that one is that it cost 0.75 cents per game instead of 0.50 cents like Ben and Ari's does.
And the clientele isn't as friendly as B&As. Of course, Castleton's been getting seedy lately.
I always found the clientele VERY friendly at X-site.

I never get tired of playing infront of all those people lining up to play some laser tag, then getting applauded for my preformance. =D

Don't get me wrong. Ben and Ari's is a good place, and it's cheaper. But there's just a lot of little problems that kinda make it unfun' I especially love how they've kinda roped the game off a little bit, and added chairs around it. That does make a big difference.

Ben and Ari's is acutally where I usually end up playing. But only because Yume makes me.

It's not a bad place, it just needs a little work.

Mr. Worm
Standard
Standard

Post by Mr. Worm » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:46 pm

Grubb wrote:
Mr. Worm wrote:
I always found the clientele VERY friendly at X-site.

I never get tired of playing infront of all those people lining up to play some laser tag, then getting applauded for my preformance. =D
Well, yeah, some do that.

Maybe my visits have been when some real asshats decided to crash the party.

Hmmm...I'm sure if you told the guy in charge of Ben and Ari's about your problems, they might fix it.

And I have bad experiences with the glare myself. It's been a couple of months since I've been there and I'm told that they moved the machine, maybe of out the glare.

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:30 pm

Mr. Worm wrote: Well, yeah, some do that.

Maybe my visits have been when some real asshats decided to crash the party.

Hmmm...I'm sure if you told the guy in charge of Ben and Ari's about your problems, they might fix it.

And I have bad experiences with the glare myself. It's been a couple of months since I've been there and I'm told that they moved the machine, maybe of out the glare.
haha, a bhile back, The old manager of Ben and Ari's kicked me out for "breaking" their already broken DDR pad. One of the arrows had a shard broken off, and it would have been dangerious to play on that side. The dude threw a fit and kicked me out for playing too rough with the pad.

I donno, that place has been though a lot of changes. And frankly, I feel that this is their best incarnation since they had 6th mix. I still love X-site more, but Ben and Ari's is acutally worth going to now.

Maybe your problem with the people there is because you go at night, and tend to get stuck with the seedier High School/Middle School kids. Were as I go durring the day and get stuff with all the little kids and their Mommies.