Round 1 Jefferson Mall (Louisville, KY) - Winter 2018

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Round 1 Jefferson Mall (Louisville, KY) - Winter 2018

Post by yindesu » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:06 am

When this opens, it'll be the closest Round 1 to Central Indiana to date.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Round 1 Jefferson Mall (Louisville, KY) - Winter 2018

Post by Merk » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:13 am

Well I'll be damned! Looking at their location list I see a buncha stores that are slated to pop up all over the place.

Maine
Utah
Kentucky

All these places are getting a Round 1 but little ol' Indy is just sorta chilling there. To be fair though every multi-entertainment venue has failed miserably (Latitude 38 lol ayyyy) so I guess we gotta get used to playing vidjagames in the comfort of our homes.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:08 am

Main Event seems to be doing fine. Probably not super successful, though. Dave & Busters doesn't seem to care. Latitude had a shitty owner. The only other ones I know of are X-Scape/Incredible Pizza (doomed from the start by being located in Lafayette Square Mall) and Gameworks, which was always more of a pure arcade rather than an entertainment center like the other locations.

I just saw that Sears is wanting to sell their Castleton store. It doesn't mean the store is closing, but that could happen. Part of me thinks Greenwood would be better since it would be far away from competition, but the north suburbs have a greater population density.

Edit: Just saw that the Sears thing already has its own thread.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 am

I remember a few years back seeing a list of guidelines that Round 1 used for determining where to open new locations and seeing that Indianapolis wouldn’t be a good fit sadly so this may be the best shot at us being able to go to one without the insane cost of going to the Chicago area.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Grand opening is 11/17.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:32 pm

Holy shit a new Round1!

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:36 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 am
I remember a few years back seeing a list of guidelines that Round 1 used for determining where to open new locations and seeing that Indianapolis wouldn’t be a good fit sadly so this may be the best shot at us being able to go to one without the insane cost of going to the Chicago area.
The only reason why I could see Indy being a bad location is if they're putting locations in college towns. Otherwise I think we're a better fit than most of the cities they're going to.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:19 pm

https://www.round1usa.com/real-estate-information/ has the following location requirements listed:

- At least 150,000 population within 5 miles, 400,000 population within 10 miles, and 600,000 population within 20 miles.
- Needs to be in enclosed super regional malls with more than 800,000 sqft GLA.
- Must have direct access from parking lot and inside of the mall.
- Having a movie theater is a plus.
- Being close to food court is a plus.
- 400-500 Parking Space (can be shared)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:01 am

Don't we meet all of those in at least one of our malls? I'm sure Castleton covers all of those, but they'd be competing with not just D&B and Main Event, but now also Boss Battle Games (who I imagine wouldn't be too happy about Round1 moving in right after them). Assuming they move into the Sears space (currently the only available space) the movie theater isn't attached to the mall but it's next door. The food court is not adjacent, but is right around the corner. Pretty sure it also well surpasses the population requirement.

Greenwood meets all of them aside from the movie theater (they have one in the parking lot though) and maybe the population (likely meets the latter two, but the first one is tough). The food court is literally right outside the Sears space.

Washington Square is an option, but really?

Lafayette Square: there's available space, but no. And if the Indy Eleven build their stadium there then it would be kinda hard to put one here.

Whatever the fuck Metropolis is called now: an outdoor mall so no, but the entire south end is undeveloped.

Glendale: Not a mall so no, but I think it's an interesting site nonetheless.

Fashion Mall: No space, plus it seems a little off-brand.

Circle Centre: It no longer meets the minimum square footage requirement, as the Star space is obviously not retail (I think restaurants are, as they are really just stores you eat at). Plus, we've already discussed the LS Ayres building and it can't support a Round1.

Any other mall/lifestyle center in the metro area: Not happening, but still has a better shot than Lafayette Square.

I'd put Castleton and Greenwood tied at #1, Circle Centre at #3, Glendale at #4, and everything else is far beyond relevant. It would be Castleton or Greenwood though.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:23 pm

Circle Centre doesn’t meet the parking requirement. The other issue is that in order for a Round 1 to happen this would require a space to be outright re-developed for it.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:24 am

To be fair to Circle Centre, it being downtown reduces the need for parking.

What do you mean by redevelop? Do you mean specifically for Circle Centre? Because if they put it in Castleton or Greenwood it shouldn't need any more work than the other locations.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:41 am

Reduces the need for parking? If anything its less accessible as it’s all paid parking. (Boss Battle Games decided against relocating to Circle Centre because of this.) As for redevelopment, if they were to get a space at Greenwood Park Mall or Castleton Square Mall, it would have to be redone to have a bowling alley which takes time and money.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:25 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:41 am
Reduces the need for parking? If anything its less accessible as it’s all paid parking. (Boss Battle Games decided against relocating to Circle Centre because of this.)
Fair point, but you're also paying to park in a densely packed business district. And I believe in some cases you can get your parking validated, which Round1 could work out a deal for. Regardless, Round1 wouldn't work there anyway due to reasons previously mentioned.
Amp Divorax wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:41 am
As for redevelopment, if they were to get a space at Greenwood Park Mall or Castleton Square Mall, it would have to be redone to have a bowling alley which takes time and money.
As is the case for any location they choose in any city. It's something they already expect to do. The only way they wouldn't have to do that is if they bought Main Event and converted our location, and even then they'd still have to reconfigure the building to fit their needs. They may have to tear out the bowling lanes and replace them so they're up to Round1 specifications.