Main Event Entertainment - PIU Infinity

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Re: Main Event Entertainment - PIU Infinity

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:22 pm

I'm here right now. The front panel was not working when I first got here, but a reset fixed it. Tried to enable widescreen but we were doing something wrong because it kept reverting.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue May 09, 2017 1:24 pm

I know Infinity didn't support widescreen initially. Was that fixed in an update?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue May 09, 2017 3:16 pm

It definitely was. Whatever version was on it back when it was Latitude did eventually get properly set to widescreen mode.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue May 09, 2017 4:21 pm

I wonder how it got un-set. Presumably that is the same machine and I doubt anyone touched it in the interim.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:20 pm

We (technician and I) were able to get widescreen enabled. Turns out the confirmation screen says to press the down left, down right, and center panels, but it shows the up left panel instead of the down left panel.

So, it's widescreen now. USB ports seem to be disabled or my USB drive doesn't work on the machine.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed May 10, 2017 8:45 am

Diamondback1996 wrote:We (technician and I) were able to get widescreen enabled. Turns out the confirmation screen says to press the down left, down right, and center panels, but it shows the up left panel instead of the down left panel.

So, it's widescreen now. USB ports seem to be disabled or my USB drive doesn't work on the machine.
Awesome to hear it being in widescreen. The USB ports are a bit problematic and I know that the 1P side worked the last time I was there, but the 2P side didn't work for me.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:52 pm

I also want to mention that this is basically what Tilt should be, arcade-wise. Most of Tilt's inventory is ancient and should have been replaced long ago. Meanwhile Main Event has a whole bunch of brand-new games (and some held over from Latitude 360). Main Event also has laser tag, which is a much better idea than that dine-in movie theater that was there before. With both PIU machines sucking at Tilt (and DDR still being broken), the price at Main Event for its PIU machine being very reasonable, the updated game lineup in general, and all the other features of the place, I don't see any reason to go to Tilt.

Then again, the only things different from Latitude 360 are laser tag in place of the movie theater and one bar instead of two.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed May 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Interesting that they replaced the theater with laser tag. I agree that's probably a good swap, but I didn't think that theater space was particularly big. But I literally went in the theater once for about 30 seconds when Latitude first opened, so my memory may be wrong.

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Wed May 10, 2017 9:40 pm

P1 USB still works.

Pro tip: don't leave your phone on the TX cabinet shelf. The bass will kick your phone off and it will fall (better hope your phone is made of metal, not glass, so you end up with dents, not a shattered paperweight).

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:30 pm

On the bright side, at least you can hear the machine now.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed May 17, 2017 9:50 am

I went on Monday. It seemed nice enough. I agree the machine was plenty loud, but it seemed a little bass heavy. The drop note between songs was darn near bowel loosening. I'm not suggesting they turn the bass down...just turn the treble/mid up to match it.

The rest of the game selection seemed pretty typical. I actually like putzing around on redemption games to some extent, so that was fun enough. I like that they expanded out into where the center bar used to be. More room and feels like more games. But I went to Latitude so few times (and not recently) that I don't really remember.

I got some chicken fingers at their counter service restaurant. They weren't anything special, but they were at least prepared to order and not overpriced. I'd have tried the sit-down restaurant if there had been anyone there with me.

Bowling lanes look pretty much the same as when it was Latitude. No surprise.

Laser tag briefing area looked good. There were some groups there playing. I'd try it sometime if we got a group together.

Redemption shop seemed a little bit bigger than the one Latitude had. Still nothing I'm dying to get, but...yeah.

All in all, I'll go back. Hope to see some familiar faces there...or meet some new ones (I'm looking at you, Diamondback1996 ;))!

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:37 pm

Decided to go here today. Left my flash drive at home though... the USB ports are probably still broken though.

Eating lunch before playing.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:28 am

Machine is still in great condition. IIRC one of the USB ports was pushed into the machine, but they're both in the proper position now so I think they're fixed. Forgot my USB drive so I wasn't able to test them.

btw their sriracha wings aren't bad

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:59 pm

Last I played, which was a couple months ago, the USB ports were the same as when it was Latitude. The port on the left doesn't work (and is mushy like it's mechanically damaged), and the port on the right actually maps to player 1 but otherwise works fine.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Tue May 15, 2018 10:59 pm

It seems weekday 10pm half price games is no longer a thing.