XSite

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:07 am

BakaOrochi wrote:Sure, everyone's entitled to their own opinions, PIU isn't for everyone, but to hate it for petty reasons, because it's not DDR, then get over it.

It's like hating Guilty Gear XX because it isn't Street Fighter II, and nothing more.
Amen, my Asian brother!

Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:08 pm

BakaOrochi wrote:My two cents.

I've been playing Pump after DDR, but since the first Korean PC version came out (1st & 2nd DF), and if you hated the Exceed 2 interface, you would DESPISE the older interfaces. X and X2 are LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than the older interfaces. It's a ton more comprehensible and easier to navigate.

It's a MUCH better look than any of the previous Pumps. The announcer does suck, but it's better than never having an announcer before (X2 is the first). Sure, I hate the "FAILED" screen too but eh. Little gripes I can get over.

However, if that's what turns you off from a game, that's rather petty. While at first it took me and my friends a while to get used to the interface, we got over it rather quickly when we started playing all the fun songs.

As for difficulty ratings, Exceed 1 had some really messed up numbers; while Exceed 2 fixed a lot of the ratings, not all of them are fixed. Some songs are rated an 8, but would be closer to a 10, some are rated a 14, but are closer to an 11.

As for hard songs, you want hard, play
Dignity CZ
Canon-D CZ
Hi-Bi CZ
What Do You Really Want CZ
J-Bong CZ
Slam CZ
Monkey Fingers CZ

If you can get an S in all of those, then you may have the right to say the game is easy, but I will guarantee anyone here that you will NOT get even a B or a C on Slam or Dignity on CZ on your first few tries.

THEN you can start playing the Nightmare difficulties, which DESTROYS almost any double song on DDR in existance, and definitely rivals ITG.

Sure, everyone's entitled to their own opinions, PIU isn't for everyone, but to hate it for petty reasons, because it's not DDR, then get over it.

It's like hating Guilty Gear XX because it isn't Street Fighter II, and nothing more.
Good to have you here, BakaOrochi. It's a honor to see an ACEN vet here. :p

vtec@5400
Standard
Standard

Post by vtec@5400 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:37 pm

Does everyone go here Tuesday?? I think I'm gonna show up tomorrow since I live closer to it now.

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:21 pm

vtec@5400 wrote:Does everyone go here Tuesday?? I think I'm gonna show up tomorrow since I live closer to it now.
yup

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:32 pm

I'll guess I'll show, I've never played this Pimp It Up game.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:34 pm

LAWL. Il bethere tomorrowz
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy