Latitude 360

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Latitude 360

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Update: Pump Infinity is now on site.

They have a lot of room to watch sports, a bowling alley, food, drink, and will soon have a stage for live music/comedy. The staff was polite, and everything looks, and is, brand new. The arcade isn't anything to write home about. Just a bunch of the same redemption games they have at Dave & Buster's, and a few random racing games. No DDR. No shmups. No fighters. No music games. No classics. I don't expect this to come as a surprise to anyone here, but hey, maybe we can ask nicely for some Technika in the future!

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Latitude 39

Post by Merk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Sweet! Another place with a goofy name for 30 somethings to bring their kids to that will inevitably close in a year!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:12 pm

Merk wrote:Sweet! Another place with a goofy name for 30 somethings to bring their kids to that will inevitably close in a year!
Care to make a wager?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:05 pm

SailorFlora
Standard
Standard

Post by SailorFlora » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Not going to lie, that place looks kinda lame. I don't even remember the last time I went bowling, but it apparently wasn't awesome enough to be remembered. *shrug* Just not interested in it.

Until arcades magically stop dying off in popularity, (or Brian and Chad begin charging admission to the general public to play their machines) I think we all should be thankful that we know/are people who have these games and don't have to drive hundreds of mils to play them. Not that there's anything wrong with D&B-if asked, I'd definitely go there. Yep

My two cents, YMMV

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:37 am

I feel like Lat 39 is playing it really safe. Sports, bowling, general redemption games, food, alcohol, comedy, and cover bands (probably) are going to appeal to most people. It just sort of sucks that they spent so much money on games that aren't really going to be enough of an incentive to draw anyone in particular. Prices below are approximate.

Connect 4 - $14000
Deal or No Deal Deluxe - $9000
Spin n Win - $10500

What we wanted:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:55 am

I ate there last night. I can report that the food is good. But, like Chad noted: safe--nothing radically unique or groundbreaking. It is mostly your typical American bar & grill food. But it is at least prepared well.

Personally, I like bowling, so I look forward to playing there at some point...though I did not last night. I am most excited for the live stage. I hope they can get some good live acts in there whether it's comedy or music...or maybe even something else. It seems like a pretty good stage setup and the room is like a large-ish comedy club. So I'm hoping it will be good for some larger-than-small-but-smaller-than-large acts.

I also got a look at the CineGrille and think it has some potential. It's like a 100-seat home theater. Big, comfortable recliner-style chairs with lots of leg room and elbow room with a pretty large screen that won't seem small even from the back of the room. Food and drinks are available. They said they would be showing second-run movies in there for about $4. I could go for that.

I agree that the arcade is a disappointment, but I think it's pretty clear that it's not the focus of this place. Of course that won't win points with the crowd here, but I think there are several other things that I do like about the place. I would like to and intend to visit again--but probably not to play video games unless something changes in that department.

My biggest concern for the place--aside from going out of business--is that everything in there seems very nice; almost too nice for a public venue. Either I hope their stuff is more durable than it appears or I hope people treat it nicer than I expect. Otherwise, I see either sky high maintenance costs or for the place to look like a wreck in the future...and not the distant future.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:12 am

IndyDDR bowling outing?!?

Go go go?!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:13 am

Ho wrote:I also got a look at the CineGrille and think it has some potential. It's like a 100-seat home theater. Big, comfortable recliner-style chairs with lots of leg room and elbow room with a pretty large screen that won't seem small even from the back of the room. Food and drinks are available. They said they would be showing second-run movies in there for about $4. I could go for that.
This

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:14 am

Merk wrote:IndyDDR bowling outing?!?

Go go go?!
Plan it if you want.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:58 am

Little known fact to us on IndyDDR: Chad really, really, really hates bowling.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:59 pm

I've never gotten the impression that he hates it...just that he's not at all interested in it. But perhaps I was just misreading his politeness.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm not a huge fan. 'Really, really, really hates' might be a bit much. Here's a list of things I enjoy less than bowling:
  • Shopping in a mall
  • Euchre
  • Going to Howl at the Moon
  • Being sick
  • Ranch dressing
  • Listening to country music
  • Dinner parties (where literally all you do is sit around and eat dinner for hours)
  • Watching baseball
  • Making salads
  • Car problems
  • Channel surfing

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:28 pm

"Latitude 39 includes a game room with over 70 interactive video & redemption games..."

Did it? I'm not sure it had half that number.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:"Latitude 39 includes a game room with over 70 interactive video & redemption games..."

Did it? I'm not sure it had half that number.
Hmm. I think it had more than half that, but I agree that it may not have hit the 70 number. What was more disappointing (to me, at least) is that they had zero that I actually wanted to play. They had maybe 2-3 that I would play if I was there anyway but none that I would go there specifically to play.

I did not purchase a card nor play any games while I was there last night.