Tilt fall machine sale

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Merk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:30 am

It was mentioned that there might be an added fee of $350 if the monitor is larger than 27 inches. That's pretty lame to list something as cheaper on the sign, but I'll be calling the general manager tomorrow to ask for details.
This is retarded. It's like saying "LOL I am selling this car here for ONE DOLLAR but if it has an engine in it then it's gonna be $14,995 bro tia." But whatev this is the same place that has $10 Street Fighter tournaments and neglects to tell players that there's a $10 venue fee until they enter the door so I guess this should be expected.

Beet and Virtua Fighter are by far the best deals on there. Did they say why they were selling all these games?

Anyway in case anyone cares the ArcadeVGA card will indeed run Drummania without a hitch. I'm sure there's some magical undocumented problem that will cause this video card to not work with my monitor or the Minimaid but hey assuming this card does as advertised then I should be able to BEET BEET dat drum the next time I go to Chad's.
Image

User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5638
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Ho » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:35 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:DDR SuperNova2 - $10,000 yikes
Ho wrote:Everything is for sale and has a price tag on it, but you can tell the machines that they actually want to get rid of as they are priced to sell. The rest have prices that range from wishful thinking to borderline unreasonable--or are simply marked "SEE ATTENDANT."
I think the games in those latter categories I mentioned are still earners for them and they intend to keep them around. But if someone actually bought one at that price, they'd just turn around and buy another since the price is above market replacement.
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Might be a good deal if you care about those sorts of things, or feel like trying to buy then sell for higher.
Honestly, I think trying to flip a video game is a super risky proposition right now--even at a < $200 acquisition cost unless it is something sought after by collectors and in much better condition than...well, anything at Tilt.
Fluffyumpkins wrote:It was mentioned that there might be an added fee of $350 if the monitor is larger than 27 inches. That's pretty lame to list something as cheaper on the sign, but I'll be calling the general manager tomorrow to ask for details.
That is pretty lame, but I do get it. CRTs are getting fairly uncommon at this point and in many cases are worth more than the cabinets in which they reside.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:14 am

I mostly listed SN2 for fun. They're selling those weird virtual racer pod things near the front for $39,000.

If anyone has questions, let me know and I can ask Tilt. Still no guesses on number of UFO crane games? Winner gets props.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Merk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:15 am

Eight. My guess is eight UFO crane games.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 am

Merk wrote:Eight. My guess is eight UFO crane games.
You dumb bitch. You didn't even get it right.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Merk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 am

Chad, we're all on the edge of our seats, please just tell us the number of crane games the arcade in the mall has because we really want to fucking know.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:54 am

I want to give Brian a chance to guess. I bet $1 he gets closer than you.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Merk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:56 am

He knows its not eight so he has a competitive advantage.

No deal on the dollar.
Image

User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5638
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Ho » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:52 am

I hardly ever pay attention to those things, but I'll guess 4.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 am

They have 12 UFOs. None are for sale.

My guess is they have over 20 crane games in total, but I didn't count the rest.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Merk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:00 am

I'm sure they probably make a shit load of money too - much more than DDR or anything that isn't a racing game. This is why an arcade of Brian Ho's machines would not work.

EDIT: But really if you think about it, the cost of goods sold have already been absorbed by Brian since he and not the bank own the machines. If the business fails (it will) then he'll at least retain his assets and come out none-the-poorer. In other words, he would have pretty much have 0% leverage sans whatever money he borrowed in start-up costs for real estate. He'll eventually turn a profit as long as he could keep up with his rent and wage expenses. MonMotha will do the maintenance work pro-bono because he and Brian are best buds.
Last edited by Merk on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:10 am

Merk wrote:I'm sure they probably make a shit load of money too - much more than DDR or anything that isn't a racing game. This is why an arcade of Brian Ho's machines would not work.
You say that like it's a fact. I'd check numbers before jumping to conclusions.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5638
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Ho » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:13 am

Actually, I totally agree with him. (Although his opinion is likely based on unresearched conjecture as you suggest.)

At least a pure arcade. If there were something else attached (like a restaurant/bar, the D&B model)...then, maybe. But even that's a pretty remote maybe, imo.
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Merk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:18 am

I would be willing to make a good bet that their UFO machines make more money than DDR. I don't know how we would find out since I'm sure the management there wouldn't tell us. DDR is niche at this point and it might make $15 a day on average. Every retard in Indy would play a crane game and cough up quarters to win a Sonic plushie. At $0.50 a pop I'm sure the crane games get more than 30 plays a day on average.

Best redemption game? Deal or No Deal. I don't think I've ever not seen anyone play that game at every arcade I've been to that has one. It's only downfall is that the average game takes 3 minutes instead of 3 seconds like a bunch of other games do.
Image

User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5638
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: Tilt fall machine sale

Post by Ho » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:20 am

Although, I think it may be possible for an arcade of niche games to be successful as a standalone "pure" arcade if it could find the right niche and the right location (i.e. a local community to support it). My personal collection probably wouldn't be enough. Think something like TGA--except not in BFE. But then again, even AI eventually closed, so perhaps even this is wishful thinking.
Image

Post Reply