TILT Downtown Indianapolis (DDR X/SN2/USA, Beatmania 5)

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

TILT Downtown Indianapolis (DDR X/SN2/USA, Beatmania 5)

Post by Blacktop » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:53 pm

TILT: Downtown Indianapolis on the 4th floor of the Circle Centre Mall

DDR X, Supernova 2, USA
Beatmania 5th Mix
Tekken 5/6
Soul Calibur 3/4
Street Fighter 3/4
Marvel v Capcom 2

11:00-9:00 M-R
11:00-11:00 F-S
11:00-8:00 Sun

Unlimited video game play for $10 every Tuesday.
Half-price video games every Thursday.
Double gameplay for IndyDDR members every Friday.

(original post)

Ello guys! 'Tis been awhile!

I would like to open a thread for the Tilt (formerly Gameworks) in the Circle Centre Mall. As of two weeks ago I have started working there. Which means (in addition to the frequent work that John and Mike have been doing on the pads) the Supernova 2 and X machines will be receiving even more constant care!

I'm working there every week-end and have noticed that a lot of new faces show up and play for a couple of hours at a time, but don't really seem to hang out with each other or do DDR nights amongst themselves. TILT is trying to turn a corner to bring DDR back to Indianapolis, and any and all help would be appreciated. =]

-Andrew
Last edited by Blacktop on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm old now

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Re: TILT Downtown Indianapolis

Post by Diamondback1996 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:38 pm

I think this is the best place to play DDR in all of Indy. It's the closest arcade to me (unless you count bowling alleys without DDR, then it's not).

So, the pads have been worked on recently? YES! Although, there's probably not much you can do about the X. And can Edit Data be turned on?

Speaking of X, is it going to be upgraded to X2 soon? And what about the new pads? Edit: NVM, upgrades won't come with pads

I think next time e-amusement is offered, Tilt should get it for whatever mix of DDR they have then. Also, you should contact Konami and ask if this location could become a test location for (a) future Konami game(s).

Also, can you see if the USA can be upgraded to ITG2? That mix is probably very old to some players, including me, and I would love to play custom songs on an AC machine.

Sorry if this seems like a lot, and thanks in advance. :)

Edit: Instead of upgrading the X, could it be sold and then replaced with an X2 dedicab? Because I would really like the new pads.
Last edited by Diamondback1996 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Diamondback1996 wrote:Also, can you see if the USA can be upgraded to ITG2? That mix is probably very old to some players, including me, and I would love to play custom songs on an AC machine.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Since the X2 upgrades WON'T include the new pads, I have edited my post above.

And can you also make sure edit mode is enabled? I would like to play my SUNKISS DROP edit, just to see if the online editor works for me.

DahrkDaiz
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DahrkDaiz » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:55 am

The down arrow on the left pad on the SN2 :D needs some love. It was sticking on me last night. Otherwise its a good machine. Too bad the X machine was built to be crappy.

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:58 am

Wowza, so it took me awhile to get back!

Last Sunday I did some work on the 1P side of Supernova 2, and it appears to be withstanding the test of time. The fixes I made were somewhat non-traditional which made me worry it wouldn't hold out very well, but week 1: No problems. So as far as I know, Supernova 2 is back in proper working condition.

As far as DDR-X goes, I know that the USB drive is connected but I haven't tested it (nor have I searched for a particular "on" mode for edit steps). If it's something that can be flipped on easily in the options menu, I'll go ahead and do that this morning. If it's something that requires some more intense hooking up, I'll have to add that to my projects list.

I've pitched the idea of converting the USA cabinet into something like ITG or a better DDR. Would be kinda neat to make it somewhat like the old machine at West-Side with the multiple mixes we could flip in and out. Our events coordinator likes the idea of upgrading it, but it's a difficult pitch to the manager. Try flooding the Facebook page with that request and it might carry a little more weight than my hinting to the boss we should do it. ;D

Considering Konami hates Namco with a passion, Tilt and Gameworks arcades would definitely have priority for test-cabs. Good call, I'll see if we can become eligible for that.
I'm old now

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:11 am

I heard rumors that tilt wants to get super street fighter 4 arcade edition cabs, what are the chances the indy location might get some? It would make a ton of money cuz it would be the only one in the midwest

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:11 am

UPDATE: I fiddled with DDR-X this morning and got the edit mode activated. USB drives should work now.

About the arcade edition cabs, I'm not sure if we're in line to get those or not. Right now we have the UTE cabinets for SF4, SC4, and Tekken 6, but it seems like that's all they're willing to give us for now. I've heard from the higher-ups that we're due for a new game shipment in January, but there's no telling what will be on that truck.
I'm old now

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:48 am

Can you inform us (me) of how you "work on the pads" and what exact effects those procedures have? I spend a lot of time "fixing pads" myself and perhaps you can help me or vice versa.

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:14 pm

DAVE101 wrote:Can you inform us (me) of how you "work on the pads" and what exact effects those procedures have? I spend a lot of time "fixing pads" myself and perhaps you can help me or vice versa.
Well in this particular instance we had two arrows (up and down) that were sticking. Brian and I took a look at the inside and we discovered that the screws holding the brackets in place had on spacers that were slightly larger than they were supposed to be. As a result, the edges of the brackets were laying directly on the sensors rather than on the sensor-holders, which we guessed was what was causing the sensors to stick.

To fix this properly, we would have needed to find the proper metric spacers to put on to these screws to hold the brackets in the right spot. But ... We don't have those. And even if we did, many of these spacers are soldered onto the screws so you can't even remove them.

INSTEAD, I attached several washers (exceeding the length of the spacer) onto one screw of each suspect bracket. The idea behind this was to push the bracket beyond the sensor, back on to the area we believed it should have been resting. I also paid special attention to make sure I didn't tighten them so much that the brackets would either not move, or become stuck. I also applied some WD-40 as an extra precaution to keep that from happening.

Somewhat unorthodox method, but it's worked out really well so far. The regulars have told me it feels 100% better.
I'm old now

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:27 am

I have confirmed that Tilt higher-ups are going to be overseeing a new game shipment some time in the next week. If I see anything of note, I'll let you guys know. This doesn't happen often. =]
I'm old now

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:35 am

I hope it's a DDR X2. Round1 (the US one) has one now.

And thanks for enabling edit mode! :D

Edit: Yay I'm a Light member now :)

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

Post by Ray_Clark » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:40 pm

wow havent been on here for a minute. might start going there when i get the chance.

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm in Illinois for a day or two so I only know this through phone calls, but it looks like we got a Beatmania 5th Mix and a few Hyper Bowl machines and some cranes. I'm working when I come back so I'll have some more details and catch what I missed when I get back.
I'm old now

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Blacktop wrote:Beatmania 5th Mix
That's pretty damn random. I might have to check it out tomorrow. I've heard bits and pieces here and there that a bunch of fighting game players meet up on Tuesdays at Tilt, would you know anything about that?