DAVE&BUSTERS

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Re: DAVE&BUSTERS

Post by Diamondback1996 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:34 pm

Last time I went to Westside they had no sort of rhythm games.

I would love to save the SN2 at Tilt for the right price but they refuse to let go of what is to them a paperweight. It's been so long since I've been there that they could have gotten rid of it finally.

And where did the PIU at Lat 360 go to? Is it still there, rotting away?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:19 am

My understanding of the terms between the landlord and Latitude was that all equipment was left behind in an attempt to satisfy their debt of back rent. So it's probably just sitting there rotting, yes.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:20 am

Diamondback1996 wrote:Last time I went to Westside they had no sort of rhythm games.
I wasn't aware they had any sort of video games at all. When I bought the PPP, they were liquidating their entire collection. That machine was one of the last to go. In fact, they called me because they figured I might take it.

Admittedly, that was many years ago (maybe 10?!), and I have no idea what's been going on there since.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:37 am

They closed completely, which isn't very surprising.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:14 pm

I don't really have any business over in that part of town to even drive by it. But yeah...I can't say I'm surprised. I know it was for sale for a number of years and it seemed like they had very limited--if any--operating hours. But I hadn't heard that it had finally closed up.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Yeah, the west side was without a place with go-karts until April when Sarah Fisher opened up her place in Speedway.

It would be cool if they could get an arcade going there. Maybe make a new IndyCar simulation like the one at Tilt, some sort of dance game, and generic arcade games that are needed to stay in business. I'm wanting to go there and an arcade with even old Pump or DDR would probably get me to go there. Infinity/Prime or DDR A would get me to go there ASAP.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:22 am

Shout outs to Brian for getting pretty much the deal of a limetime on that IIDX cabinet.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:40 am

Update on DDR A: Corporate has apparently decided it's no longer worth the investment, if this Reddit post is to be believed.

But is anyone surprised?

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:22 am

Yeah man, pretty much the only hope we have to play some legit good Bemani in public now is if a Round1 opens here in Indy but that's never going to happen. IIRC when they're looking at where to open a new facility they have some specific requirements that I'm preeeeetty sure Indy can't satisfy unless we open up a new huge indoor mall:

http://www.round1usa.com/real-estate-information/

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:23 am

Honestly, Dave and Busters is intended for casuals so this isn't really surprising. There is a risk involved when it comes to purchasing more niche games which is why Technika, Neon FM, and plenty of other arcade games being picked up by them it's why they rarely stray from the "Redemption, Rail Shooters, and Racers" formula of modern arcades.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Merk wrote:Yeah man, pretty much the only hope we have to play some legit good Bemani in public now is if a Round1 opens here in Indy but that's never going to happen. IIRC when they're looking at where to open a new facility they have some specific requirements that I'm preeeeetty sure Indy can't satisfy unless we open up a new huge indoor mall:

http://www.round1usa.com/real-estate-information/
I'd imagine when Round1 makes a more aggressive push they'll start opening locations in other types of locations, such as outdoor malls (i.e. whatever Metropolis is called now) and downtown areas.

That said, both of our viable indoor malls still have a Sears each. I doubt Sears will still be a company much longer, so there's two lame duck potential locations. Looking at the requirements to see if these locations meet the requirements...

-At least 250,000 population within 15 miles: Both malls should meet this easily, but Castleton would have a larger population within that radius due to the rapid expansion of Hamilton County (likely why D&B, Latitude 360, and Main Event all opened there).
-Needs to be in enclosed super regional malls with more than 800,000 sqft GLA: Both are over 1M sqare feet.
-Must have direct access from parking lot and inside of the mall: Yes for both
-Having a movie theater is a plus: Castleton added one to the mall when Macy's bought LS Ayres and closed the location there, but you have to walk outside to get to it. Greenwood also has one but it's across the parking lot.
-Being close to a food court is a plus: Both are fairly close to food courts, but the Greenwood Sears is closer
-400-500 Parking Space (can be shared): def more than that
Size: 45,000sqft - 60,000sqft: Both seem large enough
Ceiling Height: at least 14 feet: idk but I would assume so, even if renovation is required.

IDK if Round1 reuses buildings or builds new ones, but both Sears seem to fit the requirements anyway. And I'm seeing a lot of talk about 2 locations a state. I think some people are interpreting that as literally 2 locations for every state, but it's definitely 100 locations, but I don't think that affects our chances of getting one. In the meantime, there's the ITG2 at Laser Flash and whatever Main Event is getting.

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:01 pm

Diamondback1996 wrote:Update on DDR A: Corporate has apparently decided it's no longer worth the investment, if this Reddit post is to be believed.

But is anyone surprised?
That Reddit post is just somebody's salty rant and has zero resemblance to the Facebook post it is supposedly a response to.

The actual Facebook post was literally just this: "At an Amusement Expo and Kevin, from D&B (Senior Vice President) basically said Bemani games at D&B is not in their future plans, due to the niche market."

To me that doesn't say "they give up (on DDR A)" or "(DDR A) is no longer worth the investment." But you didn't need any quotes from an amusement expo to know that D&B is not going to buy a DDR A cabinet for their 60 stores that don't already have one, just to satisfy Konami's minimum order size requirement, considering we don't even have the much less expensive PIU.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:02 am

Diamondback1996 wrote:In the meantime, there's the ITG2 at Laser Flash
That's actually been gone for 2-3 months now. :(

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:56 am

I'm surprised that cabinet was at Laser Flash for as long as it was as I legitimately don't know of any ITG players in the area who are still active.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:53 pm

So that means all the dance games we have now are 2 original Pump machines and a US X2?

...Please save us, Round1.

Hopefully whatever Main Event is getting (if they're actually getting a machine...) is playable. I'm definitely buying this now though.

Since Laser Flash doesn't own their games (to my knowledge), couldn't the ITG2 have been moved to a different location? It wouldn't surprise me if it was scrapped though.