DAVE&BUSTERS

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Re: DAVE&BUSTERS

Post by yindesu » Tue May 05, 2015 7:50 pm

1-2 months ago when I was at D&B, those PIU foot panels were too slippery to play on, so it wasn't even worth playing out the rest of somebody's abandoned credit.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed May 06, 2015 5:49 am

That's not specific to D&B. It happens all the time but during winter season especially. It's the result of low humidity and dust accumulation on people's shoes. Salt residue is especially bad.

I just bring along a couple junky old microfiber towels. Wet one down in the bathroom with a little hand soap, wipe the stage down, then dry with the other. It can help to do the same to your shoes since they are usually carrying some dust, too.

It doesn't help that most of these establishments basically never really clean their carpets.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:24 am

Stopped by yesterday and confirmed that Pump It Up is indeed gone for good. I will mention that the main reason why I bought my own cabinet was because they started talking about getting rid of it in June of last year. Aside from Latitude 360 (I don't count Tilt anymore) where else do we have to go?
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:46 am

Did you actually talk to someone? If so, did they happen to give a reason for its departure and/or reveal what became of it?

I was in there about a month ago and made about 3 laps around the game room looking for it without success, but I didn't bother asking anyone for confirmation.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:31 pm

Ho wrote:Did you actually talk to someone? If so, did they happen to give a reason for its departure and/or reveal what became of it?

I was in there about a month ago and made about 3 laps around the game room looking for it without success, but I didn't bother asking anyone for confirmation.
Didn't talk to anybody, but typically for D&B I know that they send their machines back to corporate. (I found out about this policy when I inquired about purchasing the cabinet last year when they mentioned the possibly of getting rid of it.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:42 pm

I only ask if you asked someone on the possibility that maybe they took the machine to the "back room" to work on it or something like that. I understand that, if it has left, it has gone to that great Dave & Busters in the sky. I just wanted to get confirmation that it has indeed left.

But the truth is that when I was there a month ago, it had been so long since I had played it and I had so little desire to play it, that I didn't bother taking this next follow up step. I was just curious if you had.

But I'd say that if it wasn't on the game room floor a month ago and still wasn't when you were there yesterday, I think it is likely gone for good.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:11 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:Stopped by yesterday and confirmed that Pump It Up is indeed gone for good. I will mention that the main reason why I bought my own cabinet was because they started talking about getting rid of it in June of last year. Aside from Latitude 360 (I don't count Tilt anymore) where else do we have to go?
Ironically, we have a lot more (relatively at least) Pump now than DDR, according to ZIv. Wouldn't be surprised if Latitude 360 was the only place with a good machine.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:18 am

Talked to D&B about the machine. It is indeed gone for good and it was a corporate decision apparently.

Between that and the current games they do have I don't see much reason to go now, but that's just me.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:55 am

FWIW, I enjoyed the Star Wars Battle Pod game. It was expensive, but I would play it again. But I doubt I'd play it again as much as I would a dance game--even Pro 2.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:03 pm

I read on SRK that Dave and Busters banned fighting games, is that true? Kinda funny.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:36 pm

D&B is purely a ticket redemption, racer, and air hockey arcade and you would be God damned if you saw any Barmani or Fightmans there. If you want to go to an arcade and play real ass games then your options are to go to a barcade somewhere, move out to California / Nippon, or wait for Tappers to open.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:56 pm

The emphasis is definitely on redemption. But there are a few gems in game room. It just depends on your taste. I like Pac-Man Battle Royale, too! :)

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:23 pm

Yeah Pac-Man Battle Royale is pretty good!

That game was made for doling out tickets and I'm surprised it doesn't, you know?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Merk wrote:Yeah Pac-Man Battle Royale is pretty good!

That game was made for doling out tickets and I'm surprised it doesn't, you know?
I'm not sure if I'm missing a joke here. How would you award tickets for Pac-Man Battle Royale? It's you vs. your friends (or enemies or complete strangers) and most redemption games seem to be you vs. the machine. (Yes, I know PMBR has a single player mode, but it's pretty dull and I'd rather play regular Pac-Man if I have no friends who want to play with me).

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:10 pm

Well, the more rounds you win or more points you score, the more tickets you get!