Ben and Ari's

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:54 am

sorry i couldn't make it up there this weekend, i'll try sometime soon though. Hopefully before the Max 2 is gone..I miss some of the 7th mix songs.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:55 pm

O 16581 72452 5 wrote:Yo,

Overall i had a pretty good time, aside from playing terrible. I failed Naoki Standard and Paranoia Brothers on Dirty Mix, mostly due to there only being sound out of the left channel tweeter and i was on the right side, i didn't hear the music to the arrows.
You didn't play horribly...I just gave you some odd songs. I own all on More than I Needed to Know. Just be glad I didn't give you So Fabulous So Fierce... :twisted:

JL143
Light
Light

Post by JL143 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:49 pm

So can anyone confirm the rumors or not yet? I havn't been there in a while, and probably won't be for a while, so any updates on a new machine?
Yep.

yamcha61
Standard
Standard

Post by yamcha61 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:25 pm

JL143 wrote:So can anyone confirm the rumors or not yet? I havn't been there in a while, and probably won't be for a while, so any updates on a new machine?
The best answer anyone there can give me is "whenever shaffer(whoever that is) can get the machine to us."

More or less that means they really don't know when. I'll try to keep everyone in the loop.
What happens when you get scared half to death twice?

liln
Standard
Standard

Post by liln » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:13 pm

If B&A really gets a Extreme, I still incourage the guys from ben and ari's to come visit us at Anderson Putt Putt some more :( It gets lonly seeing the same people

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:48 pm

yamcha61 wrote:
JL143 wrote:So can anyone confirm the rumors or not yet? I havn't been there in a while, and probably won't be for a while, so any updates on a new machine?
The best answer anyone there can give me is "whenever shaffer(whoever that is) can get the machine to us."

More or less that means they really don't know when. I'll try to keep everyone in the loop.

O god, Shaffer. the arcades Ive played at with machines by shaffer are horrible. I used to really talk to the staff alot at laserflash and other lasertag places, they say shaffer sucks. When shaffer says "when we can get it to you" , well yea. Laserflash ordered a new ddr machine about a year ago. Still isnt there. And atleast your getting an new one. Shaffer co doesent allow the arcade to clean the ddr pads, hence why LF hasent cleaned there DDR pads in about 2 years.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:57 pm

they can't clean them??? wtf???!?!?!?!?!
just sneak in a screwdriver and a dustbuster
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

BigPapaN0z
Beginner
Beginner

Anyone headed up tonight?

Post by BigPapaN0z » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:33 pm

Just found this wonderful site and saw that Ben & Ari's finally got a DDR machine. (I worked there when they first opened) I was just curious if anyone was headed up there tonight (April 15) and if so, what time? I'm in Anderson, but I figured I might head that way instead of the Putt Putt here in town. I'm not a marvelous dancer, but I can handle just about anything standard and a few heavy. (Just started trying heavy last week)

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Re: Anyone headed up tonight?

Post by Grubb » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:38 pm

BigPapaN0z wrote:Just found this wonderful site and saw that Ben & Ari's finally got a DDR machine. (I worked there when they first opened) I was just curious if anyone was headed up there tonight (April 15) and if so, what time? I'm in Anderson, but I figured I might head that way instead of the Putt Putt here in town. I'm not a marvelous dancer, but I can handle just about anything standard and a few heavy. (Just started trying heavy last week)
I'm thinking about going, but nobody was there last Friday... =\

Mad_Skillz_Magg
Light
Light

Post by Mad_Skillz_Magg » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:15 pm

Well, the way it is going, it looks as though Great Escapes (movie theatre behind lowes in Noblesville) is going to have an extreme machine before Ben & Ari's. I spoke with my dad about a week ago about it and he said a month at the least. If they DO get one however, it should be pretty good. My dad manages the theatre so he will be good to us :twisted: A-ha! Love me! I have connections :: scheme scheme ::
>_>
<_<
All talk and no game makes (insert random name here) a poser!

Are you ready? I do beleive it's time to cut the Proverbial Rug!

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:13 pm

make him have it 25 cents a game
you'll make a lot more money that way because more people will play, than if less people play at a higher price.... okay maybe you wont, but I would play there more than anywhere else.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Mad_Skillz_Magg
Light
Light

Post by Mad_Skillz_Magg » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:24 am

Well, I don't think he can do anything about the price. The supplier has a set price on the game, not them. I will say this though, on our usual Friday Night get-togethers, when B&A's closes at 9, we can all migrate to Great Escapes and play until he kicks us out XD

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:59 am

But nobody shows up on Fridays anymore =\

Mad_Skillz_Magg
Light
Light

Post by Mad_Skillz_Magg » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:24 am

Heya Grubb! Long time so see! ^_^ I think that it should work out for this Friday. I hope to be there, but I'm not sure as to who else can come. It should be a blast if everyone shows up again. By the way, I was suppose to ask you if you know anyone by the name of Pete? Big guy? Like 7' tall? He moved from Carmel and now goes to school with me and he was looking at the pictures I have on my phone. He knows you and Justin and the rest of my friends apparently as well. It was kinda freaky to find out that the "new kid" in school knows ALL my friends :shock:

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Post by BladeFist87 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:19 pm

Hey kids...looks like im gonna be out o town on Fri...but im game next fri i promises :)

BTW, they took out the harley machine @ BandA and it looks like a perfectly sized place for a new didder machine...just an FYI

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.