Ben and Ari's

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:00 am

They must not know the value of upgrading/downgrading. Either that or they find a new DDR machine for cheap and sell their old one at an inflated price.

That or they are just rotating machines around their locations which would still mean they do not know the value of upgrading/downgrading.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:49 am

Remember, it's a Schaffer machine. Schaffer basically owns the Indianapolis Laser Tag/Arcade Gaming market save for the Namco/Sega afilliated places and a couple small independent shops.

I know some of the larger outfits like Namco find it easier to just ship machines around than to mess with installing upgrade kits in the field. That's why Terre Haute ended up with a different machine when we got our Extreme. I'm sure they also use the opportunity to service it mechanically (pads, cabinet, etd) while it's in the "shop" for the upgrade.

I still find it hard to believe that it's cheaper to ship those things than just sending a tech out to perform the upgrade, but from what I gather it's not uncommon at all. Apparently the 3rd VK2 that's now at Laser Flash used to be at J4F in Plainfield (both Shaffer managed locations). The MAX2 at X-Site was originally a 1st mix at that location and is apparently the same machine and was upgraded on-site, so who knows what they do.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:00 pm

I originally had written in my previous reply about the fact that Ben & Ari's machine is a Shaffer machine. However, I decided that I started including too much commentary and decided just to strike the whole thing.

But yes, Shaffer moves machines around to the various locations that they have revenue sharing agreements with. This is likely in the hopes that a particular machine will do better in one location than another. The locations themselves may or may not have much say in the matter.

dc_slaughter
Light
Light

Post by dc_slaughter » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:02 pm

Wow! Ben and Ari's getting Extreme! Sweet! I was waiting for this. I'll be up there Friday most likely, on bike, or through car. I gotta get back with the group! 8)
The youngest phenomenon to EVER hit IndyDDR! Not really...but some people may remember me...

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:21 pm

where is this place at?????
Team KIMO represent!

dc_slaughter
Light
Light

Post by dc_slaughter » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:36 pm

This place is in Fishers. If you don't know where that is, you might have some trouble. Fishers is in by Carmel, Noblesville and north of Indianapolis.

If you live in Indianapolis, you'd take I-465 on the eastside, and get on I-69. Keep going on I-69 past 96th Street, a Lowe's and some other things.
Once you see a Kittles on your right, you'll know you are getting close to Fishers. When you see this Kittles, get to the right. You'll see a McDonald's and a SuperTarget. This is 116th Street. Do not take this street. If you do, you'll end up at my house. Keep going and stay on the right. There will be an exit where I-69 becomes SR37. Take this. If you have gone past 141st Street, you're too far. You're in Noblesville. Be looking for a Mitsubishi dealership, and a Buffalo Wild Wings on your left. Turn left on 141st Street. There will be an Old Custard stand nearby. Go a feet and turn into Trade Center Drive (might be a different name). If you go past a school, you've gone too far. Anyway, take Trade Center Drive all the way to the end to Ben & Ari's Galaxy of Fun. There will be Putt-Putt and other stuff. Enjoy!

I hope that helped. I tried to make it as thorough as possible.

Maps
Far Away Map

Close-up Map
The youngest phenomenon to EVER hit IndyDDR! Not really...but some people may remember me...

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Post by BladeFist87 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:52 pm

Alright Yume! You beat me to the punch about letting people know! Good to see so much intrest in our little hangout :)

As for my update on the EX, ive heard a few different things but as far as I know, the plan is for a completely different machine and the max 2 will be kept, but thats just waht ive heard around...I will keep my ears open to the ordeal...

Hope to meet all of you up there soon :)

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.

Gamergirl1227
Standard
Standard

Post by Gamergirl1227 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:28 pm

Hey everyone! It's Kristy from Noblesville. This is a cool site. Just joined today. so i'll ttyl!

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:51 am

I just remembered I have a ton of these "fun card" things from Ben and Ari's... although I've never been there before. Has all kinds of deals on it... maybe I'll come use it sometime.
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:37 pm

Ok...Im really lazy and dont feel like reading this whole thread but how's the Max 2 in fishers and what are this place's hours?

My mom lives in Carmel, and I can take a 7min drive down 116th to Fishers and I might be at this place tomorrow (Feb. 18th)

Gamergirl1227
Standard
Standard

Post by Gamergirl1227 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:52 pm

The machine's great. There's even a fan and chairs all around it. I'm not sure when it opens in the morning. What sucks is that it closes at 9pm on fridays and saturdays. see you there if you go!

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Post by BladeFist87 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:58 pm

Will be up there today in a about an hour...or around 3...come play if you get the chance!

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.

Darkstarwebstar
Standard
Standard

Post by Darkstarwebstar » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:58 pm

i have heard the rumors of the DDR extreme machine at the ben and ari's and they arnt talking. they are going to get one though since so many of us nobletukians love ddr. i mean for those of you with senior honor code you will go there after school sometimes and then fri, sat. and sun. all have busy waits for the ddr so if the Ben and Ari';s wants money. they are doign the smart thing of making the ddr extreme game. but i have heard that both games will be right next to each other.(exteme and max2)
You're beautiful
Well I'm a total wreck and almost every day.
Like the firing squad or the mess you made.
Well don't I look pretty walking down the street.
In the best damn dress(pair of pants for me) I own?
My Chemical Romance- Give Em Hell, Kid

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Post by BladeFist87 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:50 pm

Yea, we are all holding our breath for the extreme...soon we will have it, i can taste it. BTW, who are you darkstar?

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:07 pm

I'm going to be there tonight, along with a friend whose never really played.

Grubb +1.

Anyway, hope to see some of you guys there.