Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby LikeableRodent » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:23 am

Merk wrote:I'm confused... But anyway we all miss you, Adam. In case you were wondering I got fat.



Aww, thanks.

And you got fat... so I heard. Though I won't believe it until you post a shirtless pic.

I'm still skinny.
User avatar
LikeableRodent
Moderator
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:13 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Merk » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:16 am

Here you go:

Image
Image
User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
 
Posts: 8047
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Erica6924 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:42 pm

Just in case no one knew..There are no machines anymore at Putt putt. Kthx.
~*Erica*~

Image
User avatar
Erica6924
Standard
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:17 pm
Location: Potato land.. ID...

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:48 pm

Wait really? When did that happen?
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image
User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
 
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Erica6924 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:32 pm

Not quite sure..someone said they sold them to somebody else. I came back to visit in June and was sorely disappointed that Putt Putt is even more boring than it used to be.
~*Erica*~

Image
User avatar
Erica6924
Standard
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:17 pm
Location: Potato land.. ID...

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Merk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:27 am

Whoa whoa whoa, for real?

That is hugely disappointing, they were the best arcade to play DDR in Fort Wayne. I learned to play the game on their machine and because of that it holds a special place in my heart. Damn!
Image
User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
 
Posts: 8047
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Ho » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:52 am

I'm amused that someone who lives nearly 2,000 miles away apparently knows more about an arcade here--especially when one of is local to it. Riot...what gives?! How could you let this slip past you?
Image
User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5581
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Merk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:36 am

Riot has his own machine now so he doesn't need to leave his house anymore for anything other than work and groceries so I can see why he wouldn't know.

But you're right, I would have never, ever expected Erica to be the one to break the news that Putt-Putt got rid of their machines!
Image
User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
 
Posts: 8047
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Riot » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:00 am

Ho wrote:I'm amused that someone who lives nearly 2,000 miles away apparently knows more about an arcade here--especially when one of is local to it. Riot...what gives?! How could you let this slip past you?


I knew about it like two months ago because Joe posted something about it on Facebook. *shrug* I figured people just knew I guess. And yeah, I gots my own machine now and the only times I've been to Putt Putt within the last 3 years have been when Chad and Merk wanted to go like twice.
Image
User avatar
Riot
Heavy
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Fluffyumpkins » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:02 am

Riot wrote:
Ho wrote:I'm amused that someone who lives nearly 2,000 miles away apparently knows more about an arcade here--especially when one of is local to it. Riot...what gives?! How could you let this slip past you?


I knew about it like two months ago because Joe posted something about it on Facebook. *shrug* I figured people just knew I guess. And yeah, I gots my own machine now and the only times I've been to Putt Putt within the last 3 years have been when Chad and Merk wanted to go like twice.

That back room was pretty weird and smelly. Did they dump Pro also?
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image
User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
 
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Riot » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:06 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Riot wrote:
Ho wrote:I'm amused that someone who lives nearly 2,000 miles away apparently knows more about an arcade here--especially when one of is local to it. Riot...what gives?! How could you let this slip past you?


I knew about it like two months ago because Joe posted something about it on Facebook. *shrug* I figured people just knew I guess. And yeah, I gots my own machine now and the only times I've been to Putt Putt within the last 3 years have been when Chad and Merk wanted to go like twice.

That back room was pretty weird and smelly. Did they dump Pro also?


I dunno since I haven't been and only heard through hearsay. Yeah I didn't like that back room setup, and preferred it when it was over in the other side of the place, more in the public eye. Although there you had to dodge stray skeeballs.

Plus it was by the IIDX machine UNTIL SOME IDIOT DECIDED TO BUY IT AND TAKE IT AWAY.
Image
User avatar
Riot
Heavy
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Ho » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:11 am

Blame Joe. He tipped me that it was available.

Although, in the condition it was when I got it, I don't think you lost much. You're welcome to come visit me...and it...if you can ever tear yourself away from your DDR. ;)
Image
User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5581
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Riot » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:23 am

Ho wrote:Blame Joe. He tipped me that it was available.

Although, in the condition it was when I got it, I don't think you lost much. You're welcome to come visit me...and it...if you can ever tear yourself away from your DDR. ;)


Hah yeah I'm just kidding. By that time 4th Style was getting pretty old and I didn't make that many trips out there (plus I was off to college when you bought it I believe). I've actually played DDR an hour every day in July and have been making a concerted effort to work out lately. I was calculating it out with Chad a couple days ago...

In an hour's time, I play about 21-24 songs (7-8 sets of three), so for the whole month if we just average and take 24 songs x 31 days, I played about 744 songs in July, which is 248 sets. Some of those were doubles though, so it'd be more expensive, but assuming 248 times .75 cents a play, I saved about $186-200 in July. I probably played an additional 500-600 songs in the rest of the time I've owned it since February (I've just made myself work out a lot in July to keep regular), so yeah, probably made back about $350-400 so far in play time at least if I were to play at a normal arcade.

Will be doing the whole Stepmania cab thing in the coming months which should breathe some new life into it as well, as Extreme is admittedly getting a bit old now.
Image
User avatar
Riot
Heavy
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Merk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:34 am

I disagree, I loved the back room since the surly people that Putt-Putt tended to attract never went back there so I could be a little Dance Dance Man in relative seclusion.

Chad, do you mean ITG or Pump Pro? If the latter, then Pump Pro has been gone for a long while now -- I wonder what happened to that machine....
Image
User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
 
Posts: 8047
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Postby Riot » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:40 am

Merk wrote:I disagree, I loved the back room since the surly people that Putt-Putt tended to attract never went back there so I could be a little Dance Dance Man in relative seclusion.

Chad, do you mean ITG or Pump Pro? If the latter, then Pump Pro has been gone for a long while now -- I wonder what happened to that machine....


I never really frequented there when it was in the back room location, but the times where I have been the little room is either really stinky or packed with nerdlings playing card games on the floor or something. And then there's always little weird kids poking their heads in to distract you lol
Image
User avatar
Riot
Heavy
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Locations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron