Noblesville just got some more ITG!

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Re: Noblesville just got some more ITG!

Post by Glarthob » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:38 pm

I've lost all stamina and skill at this game.
And I'm sick.

Expect a 99 on Untitled Gabber Song soon.
Fluffyumpkins wrote:I love r23 so much. Playing custom songs has made DDR new and exciting.

primerib
Standard
Standard

Post by primerib » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:55 am

Glarthob wrote:I've lost all stamina and skill at this game.
And I'm sick.

Expect a 99 on Untitled Gabber Song soon.
on expert lawl.

primerib
Standard
Standard

Post by primerib » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:57 am

Shiken wrote:Awesome! You're a fast worker Dave. I'm going to be there later today until around closing time if anyone wants to join me. :D

You should add those Fresh Flock of Fantastic Files packs and those Keyboard collab. packs for the lulz, I don't know if anyone other than Glarthob, possibly, can play those though. :P
I'm not too big on the FFFF packs, but the keyboard collabs are great.

AllusiveGold
Standard
Standard

Post by AllusiveGold » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:55 am

Riot wrote:I'm just joking around obviously, but it might be considered more childish to threaten someone to run them over with your car.
Yeah, it might be. But it wouldn't be the first time. It also doesn't remove the fact that you really are in no place to consider me childish when you are the provoking one. As I've said before maybe it's just what you do. On second thought, you might want to consider this; what would you do if someone punched a dent in the hood of your car? Now YOU might stand there and laugh and be like ok, but IIII couldn't do that. =/
DAVE101 wrote:Well it didn't reset this time so let's just wait and see what happens.

Removed Fort Rapids Tourney pack, added Rocky Mount X tourney pack and Dimo's Selifmis.
I've seen this problem before, and although it does seem to be fixed (for now) if it happens again, I might consider you getting together with Chris and discussing this along with any other issues you do/might have. He can shed alot of light on just about anything you may need to know. I know when we were doing something very similar to this, it had to do with an encrypted zip file. Any changes that were made to it were reverted regardless. Kyle had said that the only way to work around this was to unencrypt the zip file, make the changes and then encrypt it again. He also mentioned that there were some laws that went with this. In other words, it wasn't as easy as it looked. I guess all we can hope for is that it stays put this time.

As far as there not being any noticeable difference from theme to theme, there really shouldn't be. If there is it would cause a major question of concern for me. I'm not pro at this, but if there's anything that you might have questions about and I can't answer them, I can definitely get the answer.
primerib wrote:I use OpenITG at home. The funny thing is, when I fix the cutoff limit for marathons and long versions, the system seems to ignore it. I keep resetting it and it didn't work still. Eventually after resetting it a bunch, it worked. I don't know why, but maybe that helps.
The simplest way to put this is; the OpenITG you use at home should in no way be functioning as it does on the machine. Unless you have all of the exact same files required to run OpenITG on the machine, it is not the same. Therefore changes reflected on your home PC will not likely work the same way on the machine without a few exceptions. One might use RSAT keys as a first example but I believe it goes farther beyond that as it only reflects one aspect of the system.

P.S. In case you haven't already, you may want to review your static.ini for obvious reasons I won't mention.
Last edited by AllusiveGold on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:05 am, edited 6 times in total.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:12 pm

I'm not putting song packs on the machine "for the lulz." There was a point in time where we tried to get a really high song count, but people complained about clutter so we scrapped that. I'm slowly deleting packs that never get played so just keep checking my post on the front page for a constantly updated songlist.

I've personally played on every theme and can't replicate this "every song counts as 3 rounds" bug, but it has happened two more times. I apologize to every one for the inconveniences this is causing and ask that you do not use the green or purple themes for now. If it happens again, post here or IM Glarthob or myself on AIM immediately.

AllusiveGold, I know exactly what you are talking about because this is what we had to do to set the times on R21/R23, simply putting them in the Static.ini didn't work. It's really good idea if I could talk with Chris one of these days either in person, on AIM, or even through you if that's what it takes.

Shiken
Light
Light

Post by Shiken » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:40 am

Yeah, it happened again. :\

Shame, the purple theme's my favorite. (probably because it was the one I first played with when I played on this machine for the first time. :P)
Originally known as "BurningHeat9000" from IndyDDR generation 1... OG since '02.
Looking for good SFIII:3S, SFIV players in the Indianapolis area to play with! (I'm currently ranked ~180 on PSN SFIV)
MAKE IT MAKE MONEY | facebook!
Find me on DDR/ITG/PIU machines on the northside of Indy! "MAXX" :)

Shiken
Light
Light

Post by Shiken » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:43 pm

Does anyone know if it's been fixed yet? I'd like to know before driving out of my where to go there to play tonight, thanks!
Originally known as "BurningHeat9000" from IndyDDR generation 1... OG since '02.
Looking for good SFIII:3S, SFIV players in the Indianapolis area to play with! (I'm currently ranked ~180 on PSN SFIV)
MAKE IT MAKE MONEY | facebook!
Find me on DDR/ITG/PIU machines on the northside of Indy! "MAXX" :)

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:44 pm

THE COIN SLOT IS BROKEN.
ITG IS OUT OF ORDER!

Shiken wrote:Does anyone know if it's been fixed yet? I'd like to know before driving out of my where to go there to play tonight, thanks!
It wasn't broken, next time please check the time of my post corresponding with the time that you saw this bug come up.

primerib
Standard
Standard

Post by primerib » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:24 am

DAVE101 wrote:THE COIN SLOT IS BROKEN.
ITG IS OUT OF ORDER!

Shiken wrote:Does anyone know if it's been fixed yet? I'd like to know before driving out of my where to go there to play tonight, thanks!
It wasn't broken, next time please check the time of my post corresponding with the time that you saw this bug come up.
It doesn't matter. I got tired of those dancing faggots anyway.

zomg its joorz
Standard
Standard

Post by zomg its joorz » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:25 am

Irony much? It's going to be taken away and then never brought back! D:

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Post by Glarthob » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:41 pm

the coin slot has been broken before.

A shaffer employee will most likely come in and fix it.
Fluffyumpkins wrote:I love r23 so much. Playing custom songs has made DDR new and exciting.

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:11 pm

NO MOAR ITG D:

Maybe this is a sign we should start fixing the Pinheads pads now haha
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Post by Glarthob » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:13 pm

the machine is still there.

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:30 pm

I know.. temporarily no more ITG.
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:06 pm

I will probably come to fishers to play some good ol' R1 marathons. Not now though, I'm in in chicagoland.