XSCAPE @ Lafayette Square Mall

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: XSCAPE @ Lafayette Square Mall

Post by Merk » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:55 pm

No arcade game is ever worth $5 to play.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:33 pm

They appear to have things other than video and redemption arcade games. They also have indoor rides, bumper cars, laser tag, and aparently some sort of go-karting. I could see some of those being $5 to play.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:30 am

They have NX 2 on a FX cab. Those things sure look cool, but playing on them is rough. $1 for 3 songs (including bonus).

I doubt XScape will be open for long. There weren't many people there on the opening night, and the location... well... they were selling gold teeth on a booth outside.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:01 am

Overall, it was a fun night there. To the dismay of both me and Fluffy, the Sports Bar wasn't open yet. Like Fluffy though I don't think this place will last. They want to get sales of 5,000,000 on the 'buffet charge' a year according to the various local news broadcasts, but what I saw though is that at the rate they were going they probably won't pass 50,000 which is a bit unfortunate cause it is a pretty good idea. I do have mixed feelings about that buffet charge, but at the same time we didn't have to deal with various loitering pitfalls as a result of this.

Part of the issue is probably location, but as they are intending for this facility to have a regional appeal I see a huge problem in the fact that I didn't even know this place existed until Ho made a post on here. With that in mind I have to believe that most people that aren't within 50 miles of Indy will have no knowledge of this location's existance.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Mike, Katy, and I went back down there today. They were nice and busy, which is a good sign. Also, we talked to Andy, the manager there, and he said that they're planning on upgrading to NX Absolute when it comes out. :D
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:02 pm

We are hoping they will get it (Absolute) straight from Andamiro and not Schaffer, because getting it from Schaffer would be a horrible, horrible idea.

XScape also has DDR Extreme now, and the pads are in great condition. I feel like the only one that's excited about this, because it's the machine I started playing on. And there are awesome songs on it that I miss that got taken off of the SuperNovas. Specifically Cartoon Heroes, Freckles, So Deep, etc etc. I don't care if it's old...it's wonderful <3 :)

Another update, the USB port for NX2 hasn't been working right, so we told the GM that it probably needs to be hooked up or something along those lines. Hopefully they will do that soon, cuz we've done everything we can in World Max, but there are still songs that are barcaded because you need the USB thing to unlock them. Hooray for Tim, Mike and I who managed to get through the Castle in World Max....For You NM full song...which basically the mission is to pass the song til the end and then the holds will give you like 2000 combo at the end. Hooray for NX2 stupidness!

I will be glad once the USB ports start working again so we can do some more World Max charts. They are actually kinda fun....the ones that aren't stupid hard anyways.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:26 pm

They are probably hooked up but not configured properly. There is information in the manual on how to configure them.

NXA should be available very very soon if it isn't now from distributors, unless something got delayed in the past week. Shaffer sucks, but Brady Games has pretty good service.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:15 pm

Extreme? That is random. I figured they'd have bought something new.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:30 pm

They buy their machines through Shaffer. And according to Shaffer, the new versions of DDR and new machines are not available in the US due to legality reasons. In other words, Shaffer doesn't distribute the machines, so they just lied about it to sell off one of their old machines.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:06 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:They buy their machines through Shaffer. And according to Shaffer, the new versions of DDR and new machines are not available in the US due to legality reasons. In other words, Shaffer doesn't distribute the machines, so they just lied about it to sell off one of their old machines.
I'm at a loss of words over that one. It's this type of behavior that largely killed the arcade in America.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:31 pm

I was going to show Andy how to setup the USB ports when we were there on opening night, but he was obviously busy and I didn't get around to it before they closed. I'll make a point of working with him on it the next time I'm there unless he gets it done beforehand.

Also, have they adjusted the bass on the machine at all? It was pretty weak sauce on opening night. I don't need it to blow my pant legs off, but it would be nice to have a beat to follow--especially in light of how disorienting the FX monitor tends to be.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:46 pm

I never noticed a problem with the volume...I've been to some pretty bad arcades before, the sound coming from the NX2 machine is definitely not the worst I've heard.

It could probably stand to be turned up more, but I don't really want to push my luck with the manager there. One thing at a time...like upgrading to Absolute, that would be nice :D