Post by Ho » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:47 am

Apparently you didn't miss much?

</brightside>

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Re: Potentially good news...Dave & Buster's in Indy

Post by yindesu » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Does CAHK post here? I left some little gifts for him on the pro 2 machine.

Jumpin Jackpot is definitely next to pro 2, I remember reading somewhere that it disappeared.. which is not true (anymore).

Finally:
I will love you (if you want me to) if someone manages to enter unlock code 1 into pro 2:
http://www.piupro.com/pro2-arcade/unlock1/
I can't get it to work.

and if you do get it to work, go ahead and try unlock code 2...
"Down Left, Up Left, Center, Up Right, Down Right, Up Right, Center, Up Left, Down Left, Center, Down Right, Up Right, Up Left, Down Left + Down Right"

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:12 pm

CAHK was banned, heh.

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:28 pm

lol

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Jumpin Jackpot is broken :D

so if anyone wanted my love, too late, i got both codes to work :P

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:58 pm

What did that change?

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:32 am

2 new songs in normal play, new courses (and new songs) in Gauntlet.
for example, DM Ashura's Z is in Gauntlet somewhere.

I haven't touched Gauntlet on this machine yet, I'm trying to wipe every other name off the CZ records :P

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Jumpin Jackpot is working again.

More importantly, Pro 2 is somewhat unplayable, unless you (act like you) are rich. Every other game, the machine would lock up for about a second or even longer in the first 2 songs of my games, guaranteed.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Turn it off. Turn it back on.

It's gotten worse recently, but it's been that way ever since it came out. The game is just...poorly written.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:38 pm

I've seen another Pro 2 machine only hiccup two or three times over six months. Not two or three times in 6 minutes...

(and that machine gets regular play daily, but it wasn't upgraded from Pro 1 / MK5)

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Pro 1 has never shipped on an MK5. In fact, I don't think they even shipped them on mk6, though many upgraded GX cabinets and perhaps some early FX cabinets that shipped with NX probably have one. AFAIK, all the dedicated ones shipped on mk9. The differences between the 6 and 9 are minimal, anyway. Basically, they couldn't buy the mk6 hardware anymore, and the people who write the games don't bother to mess around with any form of performance testing or optimization, so they threw slightly newer hardware at it :)

Pro 2 is VERY poorly written (it's Stepmania, after all). It just randomly breaks and always has. It's generally known to the "developers". Honestly, aside from the initial problems when they upgraded it to Pro2 (which was blamed on a bad hard drive), it used to do it fairly infrequently. Interestingly, it got way worse around the time the unlocks were put in. Possibly coincidence. I don't know. I do know that if you power cycle it, it works for a while. Their standard fix when people complain is to reboot it and put a few free games on it. But yes, it's gotten very bad on the local D&B machine, and they won't fix it since they can't reproduce it reliably and seems fixable by just rebooting it constantly: I've asked, though perhaps not forcibly enough. I'm tempted to just play off what's on my card and stop going since many of their other games I care about are consistently broken, anyway.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:34 am

It would be nice if Tilt got a Fiesta EX... especially I don't want to go here now. Probably should have tried to go when it was worth it.

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:58 am

Well the "developers" said it was probably a MK6, not 5, sorry I remembered wrong. I wouldn't know because I've never watched the boot sequence closely (http://www.piupro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1080)

I highly doubt Unlock 1 could have caused more frequent hiccups, since the code's been out for ages and most other arcades already got it entered. Unlock 2 is fairly new but I find it hard to believe that can be the cause.
Diamondback1996 wrote:It would be nice if Tilt got a Fiesta EX... especially I don't want to go here now. Probably should have tried to go when it was worth it.
Careful what you wish for. Tilt doesn't already have a Pump machine so they can't upgrade, they can only buy a new one. Post-2010 Andamiro machines are trash. If Tilt isn't willing to perform some major mods on the pads, that go beyond foam modding, then you don't actually want Tilt to get Pump.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:38 pm

The only FX cabinets that shipped with the 6, afaik, are the very early ones that shipped with NX, before Pro was released. This shipped as a Pro 1, and fairly late in the run of the FX: NXA was well established on the main-line PIU side, and all those shipped on mk9. I don't think they were still using the mk6 for anything at that point, but it's possible. Upgrades could be on essentially anything compatible, of course, and I've seen some pretty grotesque hacks. I also highly doubt that putting in an unlock code would make it behave worse, but again, we're talking about stepmania. It's likely coincidence, but...it's stepmania. This thing's a pile of garbage code thrown together by random people with no direction or real coordination over 10 years masquerading as a barely playable game, albeit with lots of features.

Do you have any evidence for "post-2010 Andamiro machines [being] trash"? I haven't played on any of them, let alone torn one of the new stages apart. The word from people I know who have played on a TX has been fairly complementary, though it will feel different as the surface is constructed differently. There are apparently special, cheap, "China only" cabinets that kinda suck, but they're only for sale in China. Regardless, Tilt is not known for buying new machines, especially for secondary locations like Indy. If that location ends up with Pump It Up, which is unlikely, it's more likely to be an old SD or DX than anything new and shiny. If you're lucky, you might get an old SX. I'd say the odds of getting even a GX are slim, and I kinda doubt Tilt owns an FX anywhere chain-wide.
A normality test:
+++ATH

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Actually the Chinese TX pads constructed by Baohui Technology are significantly, significantly better than Andamiro's International TX pads. Who told you the China-only models were bad?

My proof of post-2010 Andamiro pads being trash is that I've played on 2 of them, and I've gotten Ukraine, Russia, Thailand, Italy, and others in the US to agree with me. My friend in SoCal has also played on a half dozen or so new Andamiro machines all over the US and also says the new pads are shit. Foam modding isn't always successful either, I've heard Round1's Fiesta EX pads still suck. These shitty machines ship with dead/torn sensors, and also appear to have faulty construction because material measurements don't match up. Regardless of what causes it, all these post-2010 pads can't hold freezes to save your life if you don't weigh 200+ in muscle. These claims/proof is all over the place, from youtube to pump haven to aaroninjp to the piu pro forums.

And my proof that Chinese TX Baohui cabs are awesome is that I've played on one in Shanghai. I don't even know how to describe how the pads feel, they're just so much better. There are no corner-sensitivity problems in these bracketless pads either, I could play so many Nightmare charts I couldn't even play on Round1's good Pro 2 bracketless pads (which also feel nothing like China's awesome pads).

(ps: US Pump Festival 11 is being held at Gemini Arcade Palace in Vegas, they've got a CX cabinet with bracketed (old-style) pads, from the AMOA show. I've been told even those old-style pads were shit before they foam modded them.)