SuperNova 2 at Gameworks

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:40 pm

Riot wrote:
SoDeepPolaris wrote:
Riot wrote: Sounds like people that are all good at DDR/ITG, but that probably couldn't
pass a 5 on Beatmania. No offense =)
HEY SCOTT, I CAN PASS 6s AND SOME 7s! :wink:

Exactly =P Seems like everyone I used to know from Fort Wayne doesn't really play anymore or has moved away (or had a baby lulz). The guys that still play there are all great at DDR/ITG no doubt about it, much better than I could hope to be these days. But the downside to all their practice in dancing gaymz is that they probably haven't played much other stuff. Now that's fine and dandy since personally I'd rather be good at one game than mediocre at 3 games, but I was just trying to defend the little bloomington kids for not being able to consistently sextuple A Fascination Maxx. We are special in our own special ways. And we don't even have to wear helmets.
You act like music games are the only games that matter when it comes to being good at games. There are much better games than Beatmania that I'd rather spend my time getting better at. Attempting to judge well roundedness from this:

and this...

Is like giving a retarded kid calculus. Seriously, 51 misses and it still allows you to pass, how dumb.
I'm prettier than you :)

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Riot wrote:
SoDeepPolaris wrote:
Riot wrote: Sounds like people that are all good at DDR/ITG, but that probably couldn't
pass a 5 on Beatmania. No offense =)
HEY SCOTT, I CAN PASS 6s AND SOME 7s! :wink:

Exactly =P Seems like everyone I used to know from Fort Wayne doesn't really play anymore or has moved away (or had a baby lulz). The guys that still play there are all great at DDR/ITG no doubt about it, much better than I could hope to be these days. But the downside to all their practice in dancing gaymz is that they probably haven't played much other stuff. Now that's fine and dandy since personally I'd rather be good at one game than mediocre at 3 games, but I was just trying to defend the little bloomington kids for not being able to consistently sextuple A Fascination Maxx. We are special in our own special ways. And we don't even have to wear helmets.
You act like music games are the only games that matter when it comes to being 'well rounded'. There are much better games than Beatmania that I'd rather spend my time getting better at. Attempting to judge well roundedness from this:

and this...

Is like giving a retarded kid calculus. Seriously, 51 misses and it still allows you to pass, how dumb.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:42 pm

Eh I agree about PIU's scoring system I don't like it. And I was only talking about music games as a collective indicator of being good at music games in general, since this is a Bemani forum. I play Counter-Strike:Source competitively, barely even play music games anymore, so me thinking music games are the only way to be a good "gamer" wouldn't make much sense.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:02 pm

That's a PIU Pro score with 51 misses. The scoring and failing system is pretty much the same as ITG as far as I know. It certainly felt that way when I played. 51 misses should be entirely possible on a song with 600ish steps anyway.

PIU Pro is the future of ITG, thanks to Konami and their dumb lawsuit o.O

and while we're talking about games.....

http://www.starcraft2.com/ go!
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:13 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:That's a PIU Pro score with 51 misses. The scoring and failing system is pretty much the same as ITG as far as I know. It certainly felt that way when I played. 51 misses should be entirely possible on a song with 600ish steps anyway.

Shame on Konami for having their product and idea ripped off and actually expecting compensation for it.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:23 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
BigBadOrc wrote:That's a PIU Pro score with 51 misses. The scoring and failing system is pretty much the same as ITG as far as I know. It certainly felt that way when I played. 51 misses should be entirely possible on a song with 600ish steps anyway.

Shame on Konami for having their product and idea ripped off and actually expecting compensation for it.
The shame is that PIU got away with it but ITG didn't. PIU is just as blatant of a rip off.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:59 pm

compensation? fine. sure why not. But for them to shut down ITG completely? Bad business decision. DDR is still in the stone age compared to ITG :(
groovestats
<3 blackcat

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:16 pm

Just to vouch for Fort Wayne variety (not to brag or anything), I can pass 12s and shit on ITG (haven't played in a while, wouldn't consider myself "good", but still better than most), can pass 6s and 7s on bm, can 5* basically everything (cept Raining Blood, TtFaF, and Jordan) on Guitar Hero, have beaten Expert Drums on Rock Band, and used to be pretty decent at SM, too. I admit I haven't played the more obscure ones, like pop 'n', but I'd say that's a pretty solid music game resume.

EDIT:
ca--hermione wrote:The shame is that PIU got away with it but ITG didn't. PIU is just as blatant of a rip off.
While I disagree with the Konami lawsuit (imo ITG did what Konami had been doing, but BETTER), this is not true; PIU came out independently around the same time as DDR and is therefore not a ripoff.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:27 pm

Hermione, don't use my fucking scores to prove any thing about how one game is better than the other, everyone knows I suck at music games. I am the WORST out of the entire Bloomington Bemani/Music Game Community >_> so making fun of me is doing nothing to prove your point about how the rest of the community is at music games.

Now time for a cat, cause cats are awesome

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:42 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:

IMO they should have used the franchise, not prevented the next release. I would much rather have ITG3 than SN2. The difficulty level was necessary, now it's back to child's play.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:46 pm

lgolem wrote:Hermione, don't use my fucking scores to prove any thing about how one game is better than the other, everyone knows I suck at music games. I am the WORST out of the entire Bloomington Bemani/Music Game Community >_> so making fun of me is doing nothing to prove your point about how the rest of the community is at music games.

Actually your scores prove exactly what I was trying to say. You don't have near enough skill to even attempt to judge which game is harder or easier than the other. You are still a beginner.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:06 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:compensation? fine. sure why not. But for them to shut down ITG completely? Bad business decision. DDR is still in the stone age compared to ITG :(
http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/financialinfo/sales.html

Konami does just fine as a business. Quite honestly, if someone stole my product and started making money off of it, I'd sue their pants off too.

573 for life.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:23 pm

I heard this is a pretty good one of those fan-made files
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d3XnIFqZIWI

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:20 pm

hermione wrote:
lgolem wrote:Hermione, don't use my fucking scores to prove any thing about how one game is better than the other, everyone knows I suck at music games. I am the WORST out of the entire Bloomington Bemani/Music Game Community >_> so making fun of me is doing nothing to prove your point about how the rest of the community is at music games.

Actually your scores prove exactly what I was trying to say. You don't have near enough skill to even attempt to judge which game is harder or easier than the other. You are still a beginner.
Methinks you two need to calm the rage.

And if scores actually mattered, it wouldn't be called a game, now would it?
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:43 pm

The X wrote:
hermione wrote:

Methinks you two need to calm the rage.

And if scores actually mattered, it wouldn't be called a game, now would it?

Well... would it?