SuperNova 2 at Gameworks

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:51 pm

The X wrote:
hermione wrote:
lgolem wrote:Hermione, don't use my fucking scores to prove any thing about how one game is better than the other, everyone knows I suck at music games. I am the WORST out of the entire Bloomington Bemani/Music Game Community >_> so making fun of me is doing nothing to prove your point about how the rest of the community is at music games.

Now time for a cat, cause cats are awesome
Actually your scores prove exactly what I was trying to say. You don't have near enough skill to even attempt to judge which game is harder or easier than the other. You are still a beginner.
Methinks you two need to calm the rage.

And if scores actually mattered, it wouldn't be called a game, now would it?
If scores didn't matter they wouldn't be put on the games in the first place.

You need to watch King of Kong to really understand why games were created.

These are the type of scores that make me wish scores WEREN'T on games, they must leave the player feeling empty and really really bad :(

I wish 74% woulda got me a B in middle school!
I'm prettier than you :)

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:12 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:I heard this is a pretty good one of those fan-made files
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d3XnIFqZIWI
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION.
But in all honesty, good job =]
Who made the steps, you? Coty?

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:23 pm

hermione wrote:
The X wrote:
hermione wrote: Actually your scores prove exactly what I was trying to say. You don't have near enough skill to even attempt to judge which game is harder or easier than the other. You are still a beginner.
Methinks you two need to calm the rage.

King of Kong was garbage. I'd rather watch The Wizard. :D

All King of Kong was is a blatent example of what happens when obsession goes through one's skull...And ultimately for nothing.

No matter how good you are, there will always be someone better, even if not now, it will eventually happen. That why scores don't matter.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:35 pm

The X wrote:
hermione wrote:
The X wrote: Methinks you two need to calm the rage.

All King of Kong was is a blatent example of what happens when obsession goes through one's skull...And ultimately for nothing.

No matter how good you are, there will always be someone better, even if not now, it will eventually happen. That why scores don't matter.
You do know that he took the score back, and to this day holds it for Donkey Kong...

30 minutes into King of Kong, I immediately though of IndyDDR.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:02 pm

No. It would be called a duel to the death and you would dance with ninja swords

groovestats
<3 blackcat

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:06 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
BigBadOrc wrote:That's a PIU Pro score with 51 misses. The scoring and failing system is pretty much the same as ITG as far as I know. It certainly felt that way when I played. 51 misses should be entirely possible on a song with 600ish steps anyway.

PIU Pro is the future of ITG, thanks to Konami and their dumb lawsuit o.O

and while we're talking about games.....

http://www.starcraft2.com/ go!
Shame on Konami for having their product and idea ripped off and actually expecting compensation for it.
Too bad Konami sucks now and ITG is still my favorite dance game even after the lawsuit :-\

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:22 pm

blackcat wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:
BigBadOrc wrote:That's a PIU Pro score with 51 misses. The scoring and failing system is pretty much the same as ITG as far as I know. It certainly felt that way when I played. 51 misses should be entirely possible on a song with 600ish steps anyway.

PIU Pro is the future of ITG, thanks to Konami and their dumb lawsuit o.O

and while we're talking about games.....

http://www.starcraft2.com/ go!
Shame on Konami for having their product and idea ripped off and actually expecting compensation for it.
Too bad Konami sucks now and ITG is still my favorite dance game even after the lawsuit :-\
No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Konami_games

Sorry.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:26 pm

hermione wrote:
The X wrote:
hermione wrote: If scores didn't matter they wouldn't be put on the games in the first place.

You do know that he took the score back, and to this day holds it for Donkey Kong...

30 minutes into King of Kong, I immediately though of IndyDDR.
LOL Like I said, for nothing. Sadly, no one cares about Donkey Kong today.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:31 pm

You are right. Konami has other good games...this is true. Maybe it was unfair of me to say that Konami as a whole is bad. That would be a lie.

But as far as dance games go...they don't really give a shit about DDR anymore, that is clear by both SuperNovas...Konami have ITG resources at their fingers and they aren't using it at all...DDR would probably make a lot more money if they used the ITG skins and mods...not to mention USB slots...why they don't use the resources that they won from the lawsuit is beyond me...

DDR 8th Mix is still my favorite mix...I had high hopes for SuperNova, and then look what happened. I hated SuperNova so much, I actually started playing Pump more often, which I didn't even like that much before. I just realized I liked it a lot better than SuperNova...

I mean, if DDR were more like the older mixes...that would be sweet. And it's not like it would be that hard either. Just make sure the songs are IN SYNC before you sell the product? And also...regarding SuperNova 2... In my personal opinion, 4 greats does not equal a AAA.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:48 pm

danc1005 wrote:
OrangeLounger wrote:I heard this is a pretty good one of those fan-made files
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d3XnIFqZIWI
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION.
But in all honesty, good job =]
Who made the steps, you? Coty?
Neither one of us did, somebody on the internet did cause I gave them permission ages ago to use it in the ITG Rebirth song pack and I guess it turned out to be the boss song lol

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:46 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
blackcat wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote: Shame on Konami for having their product and idea ripped off and actually expecting compensation for it.
No.

Sorry.
Leave it to Fluffy for the uber dick responses and nut swinging of Konami.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:42 am

hermione wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:
blackcat wrote: Too bad Konami sucks now and ITG is still my favorite dance game even after the lawsuit :-\
No.

Sorry.
Leave it to Fluffy for the uber dick responses and nut swinging of Konami.
Agreed.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:09 pm

SN2 = SN1 with a few more songs and much harder timing.

good thing is that healing d vision, fasc maxx, fasc eternal are all playable as normal songs

i tried fasc eternal on challenge and now my butt hurts :oops:

i don't think i could do that chart even if the konami was smart and added C800 and mini

there's a new 10 footer but it's really not that fun to play

and there's 2 new 9 footers which are definitely harder than 9s that are fun.. unreal and NGO. except you have to AA unreal on last stage to get NGO, and NGO if you miss a step or two you're done.

OH, and the pad is perfectly fine.

And I thought the graphics were better on SN1
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:39 pm

The Extra Stage is a joke. You should just have to AA a song on heavy, but no, you need to AA a particular song on heavy. That is probably my biggest complaint since I really like to stretch my money where I can.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:50 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:SN2 = SN1 with a few more songs and much harder timing.

good thing is that healing d vision, fasc maxx, fasc eternal are all playable as normal songs

i tried fasc eternal on challenge and now my butt hurts :oops:

i don't think i could do that chart even if the konami was smart and added C800 and mini

there's a new 10 footer but it's really not that fun to play

and there's 2 new 9 footers which are definitely harder than 9s that are fun.. unreal and NGO. except you have to AA unreal on last stage to get NGO, and NGO if you miss a step or two you're done.

OH, and the pad is perfectly fine.

And I thought the graphics were better on SN1
When I played SN2 I had no problem with the timing, the main thing is that it's later than Extreme and SN1. (Close to par with MAX2 though) Also, one issue with the US SN2 release is that without E-Amuse you can't play any of the special groove notecharts, the 4 other boss songs (Paranoia Hades, Trip Machine Phoenix, Pluto, and Pluto Relinquish), and 15-20 other songs so this release feels pretty neutered as a result.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!