Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:43 pm

lgolem wrote:
BigBadOrc wrote:no timing skill
ok, no one can say this in my opinion till you FPC Love is a Dangerzone CZ, once you do that then you can bitch about timing skill....the fact of the matter is, even with the timing as leanient as it is, the charts are so much harder and so much more fun than ITGay and DDR will ever fucking be.
We're still better than you. Dissing on games you can't excel at is soooo cool, right?

Yes, DDR will make more money. Go with SN2.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:54 pm

lgolem wrote:Upgrading pump may never happen cause daniel doesn't see it worth it cause NO ONE comes in to play it. Hell last time I talked to him about it, he thought about selling the thing all together. Why should he upgrade a machine that no one bothers to play now.
I'm just wondering why it doesn't get more attention...I actually like Pump a lot, the timing isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I know my problem is that I'm in Indy and can't play on the Pump machine in Bloomington, but why is it doing so poorly? I don't understand this...

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:42 pm

Because DDR is what all of the trend whores are used to, so they cling to that like 12-year-olds at a Miley Cyrus concert...

Or...Dang it...What the devil are the kids into nowadays...?
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:16 pm

blackcat wrote:but why is it doing so poorly? I don't understand this...
Sadly
The X wrote:Because DDR is what all of the trend whores are used to, so they cling to that like 12-year-olds at a Miley Cyrus concert...
He may be right, the majority of people who spend a lot of money on DDR are 6th, 7th, 8th grade girls. That is why it is such a huge money maker, because it is popular amungst middle and high school age girls. The only person to play DDR who posts on here, during the past 2 weeks that I have seen, is Merk, and I think he played 2 rounds at most. The majority of what the dance games bring in are off of those teen girls and VERY little from the bloomington dance game community it seems.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:25 pm

lgolem wrote:
ok, no one can say this in my opinion till you FPC Love is a Dangerzone CZ, once you do that then you can bitch about timing skill....the fact of the matter is, even with the timing as leanient as it is, the charts are so much harder and so much more fun than ITGay and DDR will ever fucking be.

The bottom line of the whole fucking arugement is, DDR MAKES MONEY, so far Pump barely pays for it's upgrades, due to it's past of not doing ass well, DDR SN2 is a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better decision of an upgrade because guess what will make the same as it does now and it will bring the vets around to play something new. AND also you know how brutal it is to install pro into the pump machine, you have to cut a HUGE FUCKING HOLE in the front of a fantastic looking machine, way to much butchering than I think Daniel will want to do. AND we just put in 3 redemption games on credit that out earn the dance games combined so we don't have the money to do an upgrade for anything for a while now.

You don't need to argue with me about wanting Pro there, I want an upgrade period, I would like Pro so I could hack it and add custom songs, but THE POINT IS WE DON'T HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY FOR IT, YOU WANT TO CONTRIBUTE 1.5k$ TO US TO GET IT, BY ALL MEANS DO SO!!!
Says the guy who can't beat an average 10 footer on ITG.

:eyeroll:

Learn to play a game that requires skill, then go play PIU, you'll realize how easy it actually is.

You have the typical fanboy response because you can't play anything else. You went the easy way out.

Also, playing Beatmania on Light 7 doesn't mean you're good either, so don't try to say your any good at that either.

As for the "bloomington dance crew", none of you are even good at dance games, so you have no legitimate argument on what is considered 'hard'.
I'm prettier than you :)

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:34 pm

hermione wrote:
lgolem wrote:

The bottom line of the whole fucking arugement is, DDR MAKES MONEY, so far Pump barely pays for it's upgrades, due to it's past of not doing ass well, DDR SN2 is a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better decision of an upgrade because guess what will make the same as it does now and it will bring the vets around to play something new. AND also you know how brutal it is to install pro into the pump machine, you have to cut a HUGE FUCKING HOLE in the front of a fantastic looking machine, way to much butchering than I think Daniel will want to do. AND we just put in 3 redemption games on credit that out earn the dance games combined so we don't have the money to do an upgrade for anything for a while now.

You don't need to argue with me about wanting Pro there, I want an upgrade period, I would like Pro so I could hack it and add custom songs, but THE POINT IS WE DON'T HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY FOR IT, YOU WANT TO CONTRIBUTE 1.5k$ TO US TO GET IT, BY ALL MEANS DO SO!!!

Learn to play a game that requires skill, then go play PIU, you'll realize how easy it actually is.

You have the typical fanboy response because you can't play anything else. You went the easy way out.

Also, playing Beatmania on Light 7 doesn't mean you're good either, so don't try to say your any good at that either.

As for the "bloomington dance crew", none of you are even good at dance games, so you have no legitimate argument on what is considered 'hard'.
When the fuck did I ever say I was good at any of that, I know I am not good, I play for FUN!!!! You know that is what the game was made for right, all of the games, they are made to have FUN, when I play DDR, I don't care if I can AA or AAA anything, I PLAY IT FOR EXERCISE AND TO HAVE FUN. Why do I play beatmania, because I can't play dance games in the house and because it is fun to play. Why do I go to whiteland and play ITG2 from time to time, because once again it is fun to play. I have the most enjoyment from playing PiU. Therefore I like it better. By the way there are several good people who play in Bloomington thank you >_>.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:37 pm

lgolem wrote:
hermione wrote:
lgolem wrote: ok, no one can say this in my opinion till you FPC Love is a Dangerzone CZ, once you do that then you can bitch about timing skill....the fact of the matter is, even with the timing as leanient as it is, the charts are so much harder and so much more fun than ITGay and DDR will ever fucking be.

When the fuck did I ever say I was good at any of that, I know I am not good, I play for FUN!!!! You know that is what the game was made for right, all of the games, they are made to have FUN, when I play DDR, I don't care if I can AA or AAA anything, I PLAY IT FOR EXERCISE AND TO HAVE FUN. Why do I play beatmania, because I can't play dance games in the house and because it is fun to play. Why do I go to whiteland and play ITG2 from time to time, because once again it is fun to play. I have the most enjoyment from playing PiU. Therefore I like it better. By the way there are several good people who play in Bloomington thank you >_>.
If you aren't good then you have absolutely no place to talk about what is or isn't hard in ANY dance game. Thanks for voiding your own opinion.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:37 pm

Well at least I used to be kind of good at dancing games. Bloomington may not have any standout players that can compete at a state level in DDR, but I dare you to find one place that has a more well-rounded group of players. People here are good at all bemani games, not just AAA'ing Max300. Bloomington Beatmania is 1st-tier.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:39 pm

Riot wrote:Well at least I used to be kind of good at dancing games. Bloomington may not have any standout players that can compete at a state level in DDR, but I dare you to find one place that has a more well-rounded group of players. People here are good at all bemani games, not just AAA'ing Max300. Bloomington Beatmania is 1st-tier.
Ft.Wayne, Indianapolis, Mishawaka, and Evansville immediately come to mind.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:54 pm

hermione wrote:
Riot wrote:Well at least I used to be kind of good at dancing games. Bloomington may not have any standout players that can compete at a state level in DDR, but I dare you to find one place that has a more well-rounded group of players. People here are good at all bemani games, not just AAA'ing Max300. Bloomington Beatmania is 1st-tier.
Sounds like people that are all good at DDR/ITG, but that probably couldn't pass a 5 on Beatmania. No offense =)

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:57 pm

Riot wrote:
hermione wrote:
Sounds like people that are all good at DDR/ITG, but that probably couldn't pass a 5 on Beatmania. No offense =)
Give those same ppl a week or two on Beatmania and they'd have no problem competing on that either. I personally disdain Beatmania and that is why I don't play it. I prefer PNM, but at least I'd admit that Beatmania is a harder game unlike some people :roll: :lol: (not in reference to you, Riot)

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:07 pm

I try not to cuss too much on forums but for fucks sake let's not start a damn play for fun/play for scores argument it's a complete waste of time and bandwidth.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:14 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:I try not to cuss too much on forums but for fucks sake let's not start a damn play for fun/play for scores argument it's a complete waste of time and bandwidth.
It has nothing to do with 'playing for fun' or 'score', the fact of the matter is, HE SAID that PIU was harder than ITG when it in fact is NOT. The guy/girl whatever it is, can barely pass an 8 footer on medium on ITG, who is he to try and describe what is hard or not? He's happy he got an AA on Beatmania for a 3 difficulty LIGHT 7 song.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:40 pm

hermione wrote:Learn to play a game that requires skill, then go play PIU, you'll realize how easy it actually is.
Ok, just to stand up for Pump a little bit....

Yes. I agree that DDR and ITG take a lot more accuracy and precision. The ITG 13 footers are pretty damn rough as well. I have attempted them, and admittedly have failed them. I just don't have the stamina for that yet. It does, in fact, take skill to play both DDR and ITG. This is true.

But, what I can't get over is how you make it sound as if Pump doesn't have hard shit on it at all. There is plenty of hard shit on PIU...especially the Nightmares.

So...my input is that DDR and ITG takes skill and accuracy, but PIU requires a lot of stamina and quickness of the feet when it comes to the harder songs. Heh, and beware of tri jumps galore and lots of twisty turny madness.
Last edited by blackcat on Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:43 pm

groovestats
<3 blackcat