Westside Fun Park

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Westside Fun Park

Post by ShammerS » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:39 am

Ah, good ol' Westside, home to most of 03's events and also home to my beloved bemani, Drummania.

Does anyone have any sort of status update on this place? A reopening date, or information on what games/activities they've gained/lost over the winter break? I know Brittany (Blanket) works there, and haven't yet talkedto her about it. Here's hoping Drummania remains intact. :-p

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:17 pm

Yea, thatd be awsome. Thats were I met everyone, and IMO I had the most fun there, because of the staff, low prices on ddr, and drummania. But after john left..um..its like the most un ddr friendly place ever. I remember one of them saying they might sell the ddr machine, so heres to hoping they still have ddr. And yes Drummania did own.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

UberAvonDancer
Standard
Standard

Post by UberAvonDancer » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:07 pm

OK, I cant swear to the complete accuracy but from several WS employes I've spoken to since the winter shut down, WS got hammered last summer. Opening date is still unknown, but there is a really good chance the bemani games will be gone when WS opens back up. I cant swear this is true, just what I've heard.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:18 pm

Dwaine told me himself before they closed that they are NOT getting rid of the bemani.

from the horses mouth

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:03 am

CaseyDidder wrote:from the horses mouth
Haha, horse.

Gumby
Standard
Standard

Post by Gumby » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:29 pm

westside is reopening march 17th. At least that is what Sarah told me.
I don't fear death; I fear not living.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:07 pm

Gumby wrote:westside is reopening march 17th. At least that is what Sarah told me.
I assume she'll be working there again? That would make her a pretty reliable source. Of course even if she's not working there again, I'm sure she'd still be in touch with what's going on if she wanted to be.

Gumby
Standard
Standard

Post by Gumby » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:39 am

yeah she's gonna be working some shifts at ws here and there throughout the school year and possibly into the summer.
I don't fear death; I fear not living.

Blanket
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Blanket » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:38 pm

:D Westside will be opening next Friday, March 25.

:D

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

yea

Post by Ray_Clark » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:21 pm

Hey whats ppl. Havent been on here for a while. I've been working out (seriously) for the spring. I've been doing it for 3 years every March. But any who, are u guys talking about the one on 37th street? Thats pretty much down the street where I live. That would be huge! I can get some practice over there! :o

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:01 am

Well, Id like to say that wesside is back! Tonight was encredibly fun, and I can definatly say that Ill be be there every Friday like I used to.

Tonight was like all the other Friday nights along time ago when it was awsome.

The DDR machine is is great condition, the pads are great. it was really loud too :shock: They will be getting new pads for Drummania pretty soon(theyre already ordered) and the DM machine was running fine and even with the pads it has right now it was awsome.

All of the emplyees were great, even the ones who were "thought" to be bad in some way. They were all very nice and friendly, and the whole night I would like to say was what it used to be. And there was alot of people there! I guess ws can draw a crowd

See you all next week!
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:37 am

I'd like to second that opinion. Last night was much like Westside in its heyday. It was great to see all the familiar faces again. It was a lot of fun!

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:19 pm

I just want to say the I'm really impressed with how much Westside has changed and at the same time, it's still the same.

First, the whole atomosphere there. I was a bit iffy about the place because I'd had a few run-ins with some of the staff... almost actually coming to blows with one of them. But, I was greated warmly enough to make my stay there a pleasant one. I even had a melted ice cream bar refunded because it was so janky :lol:

The machine is still tip top. I noticed better scores than what I've become acostumed to at Gameworks. The game selection has actually dwindled a bit, I was really sad to see that Point Blank 2 had been replaced by Tekken 4... but uh, other than that, it's still a great place.

If you've had some bad experiences before with the staff there, try showing up and seeing if they're cool with a second chance. Maybe if you behave yourself this time around they might actually welcome you back.

Just remember, it's a business... they're gonna protect their own interests, no matter who you are, and if you're a complete fucking idiot, they don't have to deal with it.

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

Post by Ray_Clark » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:59 am

What time did it closed that night?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:56 pm

they ussually close at 12, but if we all leave to go eat at 10 there not gunna stayopen for 2 hours when nobodies there. In other words they close wen we leave.