Putt Putt Fort Wayne (should) has PIU Pro

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:44 am

MonMotha wrote:I find it funny that all the people who used to dislike pump are instantly in love with it now that it has dumb charts and old songs on a crappy engine...
ITG RUUULLLEESSS

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:57 am

Bionix wrote:I hope i just overlooked it but i didnt see my fav song Join the party! Please tell me you need to unlock it.
No, Join the Party, they removed it from the song list.

MonMotha wrote:I find it funny that all the people who used to dislike pump are instantly in love with it now that it has dumb charts and old songs on a crappy engine...
It is just cause it has ITG songs on it and the interface is like ITG, I personally still love PIU, I just like Pro because it is just refreshing to play something different but still 5 panel. In my opinion Pump Pro isn't pump, just like ITG was not DDR, it is just a seperate game that was made and was just givin some official charts from AM. I have actually been talking Daniel not to getting Pro and getting NX2 because b-town is mostly full of DDR and Pump players and very very few ITG players. And not only that but the cool B-towners can come with me to Flakk's and play Pro for free :D

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:49 pm

Holy hell, the ITG song nightmares SUCK! They don't turn right at all...and I think Final Audition 2 [A] NM turns...

Also, great way to fuck over the real pump players with different size arrows and different speed mods, Roxor. Not playing that POS again...

They had so much potential to do something right, and instead they did things horribly, horribly wrong. It's Pump the Groove, not Pump It Up.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:00 pm

Pro was designed to be more of a cross over game to appeal to the western audiences (read: all of the ITG2 fans). It is not meant to take over the official Pump it Up versions made by AM.

On the speed mods, you just have to get used to them. Every game has speed mods done a little different. Ward stated that they want to make the game more friendly to players who use 1x - 1.5x. I doubt that is something that will be changed.

They did their best to make the arrows the same size as the official mixes. Personally, I did not see it to be a major concern. A new game done by a totally different team means there will be a few minor differences.

Yes there are a few... ok, more than a few bad Pro exclusive charts. But that is the beauty of having USB thumb drives. If there is a chart you do not like, you can go into Stepmania and create a new one as an edit. Good luck getting the song for it though. AM also gave some bad charts. For You - NM and Funky Tonight - CZ are not the same charts from NX. But once again, that can be changed by making an edit in Stepmania.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:29 pm

MonMotha wrote:It's Pump the Groove, not Pump It Up.
exactly

:D

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:00 am

MonMotha wrote:Holy hell, the ITG song nightmares SUCK!
Oasis and Infection nightmare are in my opinion the best nightmares on there. (that aren't the official pump ones)
MonMotha wrote:and different speed mods
it took a little time for me to figure this out, for pump players the speed mods are just lower in value.....

where you would use 3x -> use 2.5x
where you would use 4x -> use 3x

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:07 am

Brandon told me something over AIM about the screen not correctly fitting into the cabinet or something I believe(?)

If this is the case there is an option in the Operator's Menu which will fix the game into the proper aspect ratio for GX cabinets.

Everything else working techincal-wise? USB drives are functional and what not?

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:54 am

Jason Dread wrote:Brandon told me something over AIM about the screen not correctly fitting into the cabinet or something I believe(?)

If this is the case there is an option in the Operator's Menu which will fix the game into the proper aspect ratio for GX cabinets.

Everything else working techincal-wise? USB drives are functional and what not?
yea they work great, not sketchy at all and load very fast. buttons great too, i took picutures maybe i'll post them up here.

GetOuttaMe
Light
Light

Post by GetOuttaMe » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:28 pm

hahaha i love how we have both ends of the spectrum, i talked to allusive gold and he hates pump because its not in the groove, and brandon says he hates it because it isn't pump it up, i'm glad to be in the middle and find it the best of both worlds.

<3 PIU pro

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:42 pm

GetOuttaMe wrote: i'm glad to be in the middle and find it the best of both worlds.
I am kind of in the middle ground, I just like that there is something different going on that has Pump layouts and similar game play and yet AM is still making Pump it Up. I just like the idea of something new and different and I can still go and play the old regular pump cause those are still being made.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:51 pm

GetOuttaMe wrote:hahaha i love how we have both ends of the spectrum, i talked to allusive gold and he hates pump because its not in the groove, and brandon says he hates it because it isn't pump it up, i'm glad to be in the middle and find it the best of both worlds.

<3 PIU pro
I don't hate it because it isn't Pump It Up, I pretty well dislike it because it is basically In The Groove. Asinine charts, horrible interface (as if Pump could get any worse), and crappy ITG music. Everything I don't want in a music game. Every reason that I so rarely play ITG seems to apply to Pro.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:41 pm

MonMotha wrote:horrible interface (as if Pump could get any worse), and crappy ITG music.
Maybe it's just me, but Pro's interface seems much more usable than...say, Zero's?
Also, the music thing is purely opinion. You can't call the game crappy because of it. I find some ITGish music refreshing in a world of repetitive K-Pop personally.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:54 pm

danc1005 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but Pro's interface seems much more usable than...say, Zero's?
Oh hell no, Zero's interface went from great (x2) to GOD AWEFUL....Pro's interface is different but you can get used to it easily, Katy and Mike complained a lot at first but I picked it up and liked it instantly.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:25 pm

Zero's interface sucked hardcore. NX's is actually fairly decent, far less complicated than Pro's. Also, if you don't like K-pop, get out of the k-pop channel :)
A normality test:
+++ATH

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:32 pm

I'm not even going to waste money on PIU:Pro because I don't like ITG an I'd rather not play a 5-panel version of it with bad charts. I'll just stick with good ol' DDR Extreme.