Major announcement for Muncie players!

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:38 am

I agree Danc boycotting is pointless if they don't know what you are boycotting for...

I had a rude run in with the management while I was there. So Amp you aren't the only one to say anything, but still I was in Muncie to see a friend so it is not like I will be putting that much time and money into it.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:05 am

Yea, I know that one of my friends had a run-in with them as well so the fact that they tried to act like I was the only person who has mentioned something is obvious BS. The whole thing though just makes me overall unhappy cause for my current location I know that getting any decent quality Bemani machines will simply not happen. I also just realized that I still have 3 tokens from there even though I don't want to go back.

Overall it seems that in terms of Bemani action, my house is currently the best equipped for it as I have arcade modded Cobalt Flux platforms (along with all JP PStwo releases hacked to match AC timing), and Desktop Arcade ASCs for IIDX and Pop'N. (Which require no hacks cause Pop'N's timing always stayed the same and IIDX's timing got altered to match the home releases.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:19 am

So I apparently have been banned from this location, which is fucking hilarious.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:50 am

I know one of the guys who works there, short guy, a little bigger, dyed black hair. He's one of my best friend's little brothers. He told me over break about "someone" coming in and complaining about little kids playing the game and not playing the "right way" and how solo is "for newbs" and how bad you are if you play with it etc. etc.

Some of you guys need to take the "DDR is serious business" down a few levels. Nobody is gonna fix the pad if people are dicks about it.

p.s. not talking about you Jeremy.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:44 am

I haven't played there much at all lately cause of how busy I've been so I can care less about whatever drama is happening. I do remember that worker though cause he got butthurt when he kept asking me to do 10s and I wouldn't do it.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:17 am

Riot wrote:p.s. not talking about you Jeremy.
Yeah I have only been there once and that was before break, but apparently the management got so pissed at me that my friends that went there without me a couple days ago, when she saw Jill (who was somewhat involved in the little speel I got in to with the management) and the managament just told her 'If your nerdy friend was with you this time, we would have asked you to leave'. :lol:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:22 am

The last few times I have went there either I'm with friends or I get a few beers while I'm there so my gaming OCD doesn't kick in.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Major announcement for Muncie players!

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:59 pm

An update today, I stopped by to check and see if the machine ever got the sensors fixed and saw them getting rid of it so Muncie does not have DDR once again. I'll just state that this time if people start calling me off the hook to play I'm charging money depending on who they are.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:06 pm

Bumped for updates:

1. In what has to be Karma at work, Eatza Pizza lost a shitton of business since removing DDR Extreme and most recently had major health violations on food temperatures. As this is the same main manager who failed to keep Popeye's going in Muncie, I think lgolem should get ready to dance on this place's grave as they will probably close down soon.

2. Due to severe pwning by Pump players, the Play Station may finally get rid of stage break on the Pump machine. I may have to check them out again if they finally unfuck their machine in that respect.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:26 am

Amp Divorax wrote:2. Due to severe pwning by Pump players, the Play Station may finally get rid of stage break on the Pump machine. I may have to check them out again if they finally unfuck their machine in that respect.
There is a pump machine in Muncie?????????????? This is news to me.
Amp Divorax wrote:I think lgolem should get ready to dance on this place's grave as they will probably close down soon.
I have my dancin shoes on and ready :D

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:28 pm

Amp: So there is a pump machine in Muncie????? I am planning on making a trip up there sometime soon to meet some friends at BSU and I was wondering in case I have a craving for some pump....also what version if there is one/

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:27 pm

lgolem wrote:Amp: So there is a pump machine in Muncie????? I am planning on making a trip up there sometime soon to meet some friends at BSU and I was wondering in case I have a craving for some pump....also what version if there is one/
The place is called The Play Station and the machine is a Censored PREX 3 with stagebreak turned on. (Expect to deal with Zane Ross if you play there cause according to him 'The DDR kids cause Sultan's Castle to get closed down.') I don't know how much longer they will be open though cause they haven't been doing well at all this year.
Last edited by Amp Divorax on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:45 pm

ooooh, a prex 3, I can play that AWFUL chart of Get the Party Started >_<

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:19 am

lgolem wrote:ooooh, a prex 3, I can play that AWFUL chart of Get the Party Started >_<
BEST CHART EVER!