Boycott PuttPutt Dedicab?

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:38 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:
MonMotha wrote:Most casual players get frustrated with ITG quickly and play at most one game. Do the math.
if revenue isn't decreased as a result of the problem, then fixing it makes no sense.
Daniel is the coolest arcade owner I know. He fixes shit immediately.
You have to realize Mike that Daniel is a rarity in his field, Ho and Brandon would agree with me. And I am not saying boycotting won't work, it is just that it seems like you are saying that there choice to buy redemption is a bad move. Which it isn't maybe they are having problems with the amount of money dropped in to there machine so they got more redemption. In either case if you just tell them the problem if they don't fix it there is nothing you can really do about it, they do own the machine after all and if it is Shaffer they can't touch it, if they don't want to fix it, either play somewhere else or live with it.
blackcat wrote:...the people that work there might beg to differ......
Ok, when the fuck did I say anything about daniel not doing a good job, he was never brought up till mike said that he fixes stuff to bring up brandons point, I don't beg to differ, Daniel is the coolest arcade owner I know, and he does fix stuff but like I said Daniel is a rarity in his field, very few owners are like him, so don't say things I did not even say

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:20 pm

Data Crunch Time:
Arcade hours: noon - 10pm

King of the Hammer -$1/play - takes 6 seconds to play
VS.
ITG2 - $1/play - takes 6 minutes to play

KotH : $10/minute.....$600/hour.....$6000/day
ITG2: $10/hour....$100/day

Even if both games were played NONSTOP, the redemption game will win every time.

Arcades will not spend any money on one game when they can put that money towards another game that will pay for itself in a week.

EDIT: I want to note that the pads at Renaissance Fun Park are still using the original sensors from when the machine had Premiere2 installed. Though all of the staff loves the Pump community, the sensors never have and never will be changed. The owner finds that there are more profitable things to spend the money on.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:33 pm

lgolem wrote:
BigBadOrc wrote:
MonMotha wrote:Most casual players get frustrated with ITG quickly and play at most one game. Do the math.
if revenue isn't decreased as a result of the problem, then fixing it makes no sense.
Daniel is the coolest arcade owner I know. He fixes shit immediately.
You have to realize Mike that Daniel is a rarity in his field, Ho and Brandon would agree with me. And I am not saying boycotting won't work, it is just that it seems like you are saying that there choice to buy redemption is a bad move.
i don't get it. did you even have a point? he's a rarity, so what. we agree he's good. nice. SO THEREFORE PUTTPUTT BEST BE MORE LIKE HIM?

and where did i say redemption was a bad move? all i said was not fixing a sensor for 50$ is ridiculous
BigBadOrc wrote:why is it such a big deal to fix ONE sensor? i thought that was like 50$ tops.. compared to $22,000 is nothing? HAY MAYBE TONY ISNT LYING AND THE MAINTENANCE GUY IS ACTUALLY AN ASSHOLE??? WHY ARE WE SIDING WITH A RANDOM ARCADE MAINTENANCE GUY OVER FELLOW INDYDDR PEOPLE??
groovestats
<3 blackcat

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:35 pm

FLAKK wrote:Data Crunch Time:
Arcade hours: noon - 10pm

King of the Hammer -$1/play - takes 6 seconds to play
VS.
ITG2 - $1/play - takes 6 minutes to play

KotH : $10/minute.....$600/hour.....$6000/day
ITG2: $10/hour....$100/day

Even if both games were played NONSTOP, the redemption game will win every time.

Arcades will not spend any money on one game when they can put that money towards another game that will pay for itself in a week.
Actual data crunch:

worst week of the summer for the GXS:

Slam A Winner: 2045 tokens
Wheel of Fortune: 1589 tokens
Fast and the Furious: 1284 tokens
DDR: 794 tokens
Pump it Up: 388 tokens

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:36 pm

lgolem wrote:Ok, when the fuck did I say anything about daniel not doing a good job, he was never brought up till mike said that he fixes stuff to bring up brandons point, I don't beg to differ, Daniel is the coolest arcade owner I know, and he does fix stuff but like I said Daniel is a rarity in his field, very few owners are like him, so don't say things I did not even say
I'm sorry but you complain about Daniel all the time. Maybe not about the games and stuff, but you definitely have some harsh things to say about Daniel...hence why I said what I did.

I'm sick of people dissing other dance games. ITGay? wtf?

Like I said, SO WHAT?! Slam a winner makes more money...it still shouldn't be the reason why ITG should be taken out.

Also, WHY DO YOU CALL IT ITGAY WHEN YOU PLAY IT AND MAKE STEPCHARTS SO YOU CAN PLAY THEM ON THE ITG MACHINE?

What other machine can you use USB for and hack to have it play all the songs you want?

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:41 pm

thinking of running a business and by a spending money standpoint-

If the machine is about to be sold anyway, leave the panel be. let the buyer fix it.
spend the money elsewhere... where you can get more money.
it's a business. :?

sure the panel should be fixed. They're probably not fixing it yet for a reason. though.
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:12 am

blackcat wrote:
lgolem wrote:Ok, when the fuck did I say anything about daniel not doing a good job, he was never brought up till mike said that he fixes stuff to bring up brandons point, I don't beg to differ, Daniel is the coolest arcade owner I know, and he does fix stuff but like I said Daniel is a rarity in his field, very few owners are like him, so don't say things I did not even say
I'm sorry but you complain about Daniel all the time. Maybe not about the games and stuff, but you definitely have some harsh things to say about Daniel...hence why I said what I did.
Because he sometime does stupid things just like all of us, I never insult how he runs the place when it comes to making the customer happy, just to when he screws with the schedual for odd reasons, personal things that I only tell you about not everyone.

blackcat wrote:Also, WHY DO YOU CALL IT ITGAY WHEN YOU PLAY IT AND MAKE STEPCHARTS SO YOU CAN PLAY THEM ON THE ITG MACHINE?
Are you that blind, the only reason I make those charts and play them is to hang out with you, because we used to hang out all the time and now I barely see you so if it means playing a dance game I care very little about then so be it, but now I questioning it.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:33 am

You don't have to care about ITG a whole lot to be respectful of it. I get it now, you make stepcharts to come see us...but at the same time I feel that you actual enjoy it a little bit too. You like the song Un Monde Parfait, and that 20031023 song. AND you like Infection. Maybe you should calm down with the boo ratings.

I'm just not convinced that I'm the only reason why you come to visit. I mean, Bloomington doesn't have ITG, that is correct..but I don't think that you "care less" about it like you say. When you are there you seem to enjoy your time...

I really am just sick of people dissing other games that they don't play as often as their own game. I play all three dance games that are popular: DDR, ITG, and PIU. I'm tired of 4 panel people bashing 5 panel games, and I'm tired of the 5 panel people who want to see the 4 panel ITG machine go just because it doesn't make as much money as Slam a Winner because kids want tickets to go get something. Call the game what it really is. In the GROOVE not In the Gay, k thnx.
Cbav wrote:thinking of running a business and by a spending money standpoint-

If the machine is about to be sold anyway, leave the panel be. let the buyer fix it.

sure the panel should be fixed. They're probably not fixing it yet for a reason. though.
Regarding what CBav said...I think it was the best opposing view said yet. I mean, if everyone just said it the way CBav just now did, then I think it would be believable and I might consider what you all have said. But a lot of people have just made silly comments about how it's not worth to fix the pad and that it's better off gone because Slam a Winner makes more money, which is obvious to any arcade. Cbav is right, it is business...things come and they go. I don't agree that they take away the ITG machine, but whatever, I'm not the manager, I don't call the shots.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:21 am

Cbav wrote:thinking of running a business and by a spending money standpoint-

I'm going to have to disagree. But only because I trust that tony knows what he's talking about and those of us who DON'T live in fort wayne really don't have the right to be speculating about the management there.
lgolem wrote: Are you that blind, the only reason I make those charts and play them is to hang out with you, because we used to hang out all the time and now I barely see you so if it means playing a dance game I care very little about then so be it, but now I play with breadsticks!
WHAT? AND HERE I THOUGHT IT WAS CUZ U LIKED DANCING WITH ME! WE R SO OVER MR. LGOLEM SIR!!!!!!!!!! :x
groovestats
<3 blackcat

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:35 am

BigBadOrc wrote:
lgolem wrote: Are you that blind, the only reason I make those charts and play them is to hang out with you, because we used to hang out all the time and now I barely see you so if it means playing a dance game I care very little about then so be it, but now I play with breadsticks!
WHAT? AND HERE I THOUGHT IT WAS CUZ U LIKED DANCING WITH ME! WE R SO OVER MR. LGOLEM SIR!!!!!!!!!! :x
Mike, I was trying to keep it a secret from Katy, but to late now, sorry katy that is the other reason, Mike. :roll: An the reason I bring those charts is to make it more enjoyable or else I would be hopping back and forth between Infection and Destiny. Katy, you have to realize I make fun of all dance games, just because I perfer one over the other doesn't mean I like to diss it for the hell of it, I know we have been over this before Katy.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:42 am

lgolem wrote: Mike, I was trying to keep it a secret from Katy, but to late now, sorry katy that is the other reason, Mike. :roll: An the reason I bring those charts is to make it more enjoyable or else I would be hopping back and forth between Infection and Destiny. Katy, you have to realize I make fun of all dance games, just because I perfer one over the other doesn't mean I like to diss it for the hell of it, I know we have been over this before Katy.

there's a line between making fun of something and being funny, and making fun of something and just being an ass
groovestats
<3 blackcat

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:56 am

All right.

Firstly, I wish some people here could understand how often ITG is played here at putt putt. Not in Bloomington's arcades. Not at Rascal's. Not in Missouri. Fort Wayne. I went there last night for a few hours [haha boycott thread right? but catie wanted to play =) ] and for those few hours, there were only 3 people in the arcade. Me, catie, and brandon. Guess what we played the whole time. In The Gay 2 !!! Slam a Winner and Deal or no Deal just kinda... sat there. As usual. Anyways, typical night at the putt up here. I think about... 60 or 70 tokens were put in the machine. Anyways...

Pfft Katy, most of you guys do have a place to stay for free if you come up. :p

I don't have a problem with J.T. the owners son/manager. Or the owner J.R. himself. They're awesome. They're the kind of managers that were talked about here... they want things to be fixed and in working order. The only problem I have is with Kyle. Seriously, for like 3 years now. Knew him even before I played dancing games... so like 6 years. He's an ass. Well most of the time.

I talked to J.T. for a little bit last night. The machine isn't getting sold anymore, apparantly the guy was mostly talk. However he knows the quality of an andamiro cab over ours, and is working to get the one his supplier knows about. I guess it just sits in a bowling alley in Omaha. ha.

It just makes me feel badly that I even started this thread. J.T.'s a great guy and just talking last night about the I/O boards he promptly told me he'd get that taken care of. I explained details on a couple arrows and how they recently started not responding randomly, mines are hit no matter what, blah blah. I told him that it's never been this bad and that's why I have to say something, because it's just to a point where trying to play for a score isn't possible, and that's what most people here do. Haha and watching AllusiveGold play Monolith 10 [or anything for that matter] times in a row isn't exactly... fun. I guess they make more money the worse the pads get in the case of him.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:43 am

Here's a non-biased observation from a business student who doesn't play dance games much anymore: would it be in the owner's best interest to fix a pad for $50 if the end result was raised customer satisfaction? Would you continue to go there whether or not it was fixed, and continue to buy candy and play other games and spend money randomly just as often?

If the management foresees a financial loss due to customer decrease, they should fix the pad to avoid it. If customers are going to continue going because the pad is only manageable but they're the only place around, they'll probably keep it in shitty condition.

In my opinion, personal relationships and networking are far more important to a business when it comes to small purchases such as this, especially in customer retention. Fix the pad for cheap, make your customers happy, they'll bring their friends. Don't fix it, and they'll drive their friends to 'that better arcade down the street or across town'.

If nothing else, have them follow Brian's handy guide in the Featured Articles section.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:02 pm

th34nt0ni0 wrote:Pfft Katy, most of you guys do have a place to stay for free if you come up. :p
Well, now we know :D
th34nt0ni0 wrote:I talked to J.T. for a little bit last night. The machine isn't getting sold anymore, apparantly the guy was mostly talk.
that's good news!
th34nt0ni0 wrote:It just makes me feel badly that I even started this thread.
I wouldn't worry about it. I think everyone just has their own perception of how the system should work and our views are all conflicting. It started a controversial conversation, which makes the forums less boring.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:48 pm

Forget everything else that just got said in this thread.

PUTT PUTT'S NOT SELLING THEIR MACHINE ANYMORE!!!!!

Locked.