State of the Union

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

UmmeiGenkai
Standard
Standard

Post by UmmeiGenkai » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:53 pm

Secef wrote:Bad news: Coin slot is broken. I don't mean like, "oh, the coin return is jammed. *punch punch* Fixed." broken. I mean the catch inside the coin slot that the return button operates is permanently pressed on. The return button isn't stuck or anything. I tried fiddling with it to get it to work, but no matter what, your quarters just shoot right back out.

i don't know if you can do this at the union or not but usually at lazerlite whenever this happens, they just unlock it, and hit the button with something from the inside to pop it back out again.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:22 am

Merk wrote:In terms of skill, Shannon is the best but since I've never seen him play down here this semester I can't comment on how much better he is than Kyler or myself
Geez, give me some credit merk...I still kick ass.

As far as the union goes...I rarely play there cuz the floor isnt carpeted and the pads are always dusty, not to mention I only live a couple blocks from Lazer Lite. I know the staff there since I used to bowl with IU's team, so they're pretty nice to me about cleaning off the pads. I'd like to see you guys up there...is there a Union getting together thread or is it just the Bloomington thread in general? Honestly, Im too lazy to look cuz I'm going to bed after I submit this.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:07 pm

Union machine is down again. This time with an error I haven't seen before, though. It's a black screen that says the following:

"HARD-WARE ERROR -1N
INCORRECT SECURITY CASSETTE
PLEASE CALL ATTENDANT

CREDIT 0
COIN 0"

That's a new one to me.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:43 pm

Was just about to post that, first post updated.
Could it be that the Union was trying to change the mix and somehow made an error in the process? Obviously, this error had to come from someone fiddling around with the interior of the machine.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:36 pm

The machine is back up. I was surprised to find the machine back in working condition so soon, I thought I wouldn't be able to play at the Union until at least thursday.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:44 pm

wow, they're taking a lot more time to mess with it than when I was there.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:17 pm

I fell playing Afronova and got pretty upset. I hate that damn union machine.
Last edited by Fluffyumpkins on Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:15 pm

Yeah you most certainly did get upset. The only regret I personally have is not recording the man on machine violence that took place. Slapstick is genuinely funny when it is spontaneous, unscripted, and when people you know are involved.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:40 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:...got pretty upset.
Understatement of the year. ;D

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:14 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I fell playing Afronova and went mildly f*cking berserk. I hate that damn union machine.
Bleh, I think I need one of those 12 step programs. =\

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:55 am

oh god what did you do this time chad?
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:30 pm

Secef wrote:Union machine is down again. This time with an error I haven't seen before, though. It's a black screen that says the following:

"HARD-WARE ERROR -1N
INCORRECT SECURITY CASSETTE
PLEASE CALL ATTENDANT

CREDIT 0
COIN 0"

That's a new one to me.
I've been trying to follow some of the problems this machine is having. Besides a major overhaul, someone should tell them that they should:

A. Purchase a new Panasonic CR series CD-Rom drive and
B. Reburn their copy of extreme.

I recieved that error once myself and it was a bad burn of Extreme.

Anyway, doing those two things could solve a LOT of the problems that that machine has been experiencing.
Merk wrote:Finally, it should be mentioned that there is a Pump It Up Exceed machine down here at Classic Lanes. The good thing is that it's only $0.50 and volume is extremely loud with good pads. The bad thing that it's Pump It Up Exceed which, in my opinion, lacks the professionalism of the DDR series. It's definately not in walking distance and the only way I can get there is if Chad or someone else takes me. The people there aren't hostile.
You'd be surprised at how what some of us thing as the three fundamentals of DDR
1. Good Sound
2. Good Pads
3. Good Price
Doesn't seem to matter to the general populace. In my area, everyone complains about Stonybrook being surrounded with less than intelligent people and poorer sound quality and Lazer Blaze having just about everything in the book wrong with it, and guess what? THEY STILL GO. I haven't quite figured out what attracts them to keep on attending these places, instead of, for instance, U of L that offers the three fundamentals. (Not to say nobody comes, but far and large the majority of DDR players dont come on a regular basis). Whether it be out of excessive convienience or lack of foresight, people tend to migrate to the place that attracted them first and continually go there until something drastic happens to steer them elsewhere.

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:33 pm

This has been a long ass time since it's been posted it...
I was just wondering if there was a way to get a hold of whoever it is that owns the Machine in the Union to ask them to fix the bottom arrow on the left pad, cause it blows ass, and I can't do doubles now :(
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V
Standard
Standard

Post by V » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:41 am

fpd wrote:This has been a long ass time since it's been posted it...
I was just wondering if there was a way to get a hold of whoever it is that owns the Machine in the Union to ask them to fix the bottom arrow on the left pad, cause it blows ass, and I can't do doubles now :(
Yeah I've been complaining about that for a while. Did you talk to the person at the cash register? Maybe they could help.

V
Standard
Standard

Post by V » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:42 am

Riot wrote:Alright. I'm basically just trying to make sure I won't be playing there alone all the time. It'd be an easy way to make some friends on a big new scary campus.
*Side Note*

Scott, I find this extremely ironic.