Lazer Lite

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:25 pm

As MonMotha mentioned, the options you are referring to are set from the operator menu. Neither he nor I changed any of those settings while we fixing the machine.

However, autofail and playing the attract mode sound every time are the default settings (usually). Perhaps the machine being off and unplugged for so long (my understanding is that it had been broken since October) caused the memory to discharge and the settings were lost and reverted to their defaults.

An attendant with a key should be able to reset these to their previous settings. If they do not know how, Susie has my number and is welcome to call me or have someone there at the store call me for instructions.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:31 pm

Hopefully this will get checked out either before the tech tourney or the day of....but the Extreme machine's 2nd player UP arrow sticks sometimes. I know for sure that it is the back sensor of that UP arrow. I dont know anything about cleaning them but it needs to be checked out.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Thu May 26, 2005 4:43 pm

man...it's quite sad to see the way of lazerlite. i remember back when it first came and all the people that played. i come in on occasion and play 1 game now and rarely do i see anyone. I don't even know the hours anymore, they're so random that I just drive and hope the open sign is on. The staff is quite childish and noncaring (but hey what do you expect when you have a staff of highschool children not being supervised) about much of anything past what Susie will fire them for. Back when I first started visiting, Susie worked every day and on Fridays she'd let us play on freeplay until her staff was done closing. They'd leave and we'd sometimes talk until 3am just shootin shit. Now, if I see her it's a 5 minute convo about nonsense that doesn't matter and then she's gone. That is...if I see her.

I'm about to go drive by and see if they're open. Would be surprising but I doubt it
insert code compile execute return

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Thu May 26, 2005 5:42 pm

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Susie in what seems like forever. I can't remember the last time I went there and she was working. And yeah... no one good works there anymore. I remember a point when I knew all the staff and got along with all of them, but now it's completely opposite almost. I think Stephen was the last cool person who worked there, then he basically walked out.

It's pretty irritating when they close early now as well. I can understand the whole "there're no customers" angle, but I remember a Wednesday or something not too long ago when Chad, Merk, Shannon, Clint, and myself were there (all of us but Shannon had just gotten there) and they were closing up something like an hour and half early. We had to go to the Union instead. I've also gone in a number of times during the week and seen all the machines in the place off at like 4:30, well after opening, with the open/close signs not even flipped on. It's like they want their employer to crumble. Pretty pitiful management nowadays indeed. =/

Soma
Standard
Standard

Post by Soma » Fri May 27, 2005 1:09 am

Entirely agreed, while I get along with the kids that run the place now, they definitely don't care for the customer base like back in the day. Most recently, I got there at roughly 6:30, and Adam ducked his head out the door (*cough*asIlockedmybikeup*cough*) and told me that they were hoping to get out early. Granted, it looked as if I had been one of the only people in all day, so I played until 8, and let them get out an hour ahead... but when there is actually a decent ammount of us there, it's terrible business practice. One on one with a longtime customer is fine, I've watched some of them grow up, so if they want to go have fun, I'm cool with it, but the rules definitely change when we actually have a group in effect.

Also, while Stephen was a great guy, I wouldn't be down on Damien, Jeff or Evan either; they never pulled a terminally early close, at worst, it was 20some minutes ahead of time, and fairly understandable. Beyond that, they didn't mind nights in which we ran over a bit.

I honestly can't say what Lazer Lite needs right now, but this isn't helping; this isn't the start of it's decline, but without a doubt, it will speed it up. I can't claim that their prospects are promising, as they once were. My only suggestion is that we work out a day to try and start showing up again, not just to bolster their business (if in fact we all do want it to stick around), but to bring back a sense of the bloomington community. We've all grown up a bit (if not more, heh), and weekends probably aren't the best option anymore (ahem, as Chad and Kyler can attest to, for me, at least!).... but being summer, a weekday wouldn't be so bad.
The same blue sky in a strange new world...

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Fri May 27, 2005 9:27 am

it's kinda sad because this is all falling upon deaf ears. i mean i do know susie fairly well and i talk to her on aim a lot but she's going through some rough shit. i feel bad for her but in the same essance she has some responsibility to own up to. Personally I feel she'd be better off hiring a staff of 18+ only but she would have to have real wages and stuff so it wouldn't work out :? .

looking around at the place yesterday i did not really see that much improvement in any of the games in the arcade. I'm sure the lazer tag has not changed a single bit, considering noone plays except on parties. I understand this whole weekends only aspect, Susie operates a Laser Tag center with an Aracde as second-importance. Currently she makes her income by catering to parties on weekends than rather than us arcade goers. So obviously she's going to reach out to the more profitable market. At the same time though, she's neglecting her store and nothing's getting updated. Such a sad state indeed :(

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Fri May 27, 2005 11:51 am

I've wanted to work at LazerLite for as long as I can remember. I plan on applying soon with the plan of setting some things straight, since I'm currently unemployed. I can't stand to see my "home" going downhill. Anyone and everyone help when I apply, I will work as hard as I can to fix things and those of you who know me know I'm serious. I really don't care if I piss of a few employees (again), I'm stern in a Mao kind of way. :twisted:

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Fri May 27, 2005 12:07 pm

be aware that if you piss susie or adam off you have the possibility of getting fired. i once worked for them years ago back in 02 i think. that was also a rough time and well. I hate Kevin. It got to the point that if I saw him I wanted to kick his ass. So, I left. I come around and play a game of DDR once in a while but noone's around so it doesn't even matter.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Fri May 27, 2005 12:45 pm

Suzie and I get along great, I used to sit and talk to her when I would take a break from playing. I usually piss off the little bastards that are supposively working, and that's just because I tell them how to do their job.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Fri May 27, 2005 2:12 pm

This is interesting to read; I thought it was just me that stopped coming to Lazerlite on a regular basis. I have noticed them closing early every single night lately; sometimes it seems like they're barely open at all.

I spoke with Susie a few times before the DDR-A-Thon, and yes she is going through some very bad stuff right now. But, as much as I'm grateful to her for hosting the DDR-A-Thon, it would have been nice to have seen her at least once during the weekend. But she wasn't there at all.

I hope all this blows over soon. I love Lazerlite, Susie is a great person, and they've been great hosts of the DDR-A-Thons over the years. How can we make a difference?? Well, one thing, as Soma said, is to get our weekly get-togethers going again. If we can rally the group back together again, I'd gladly attend; I'm so out of shape now it's not even funny :oops:

absoluteRage
Light
Light

Post by absoluteRage » Sat May 28, 2005 11:53 am

Well, I can't speak too much to the declining state of Laserlite since I haven't been there in quite a while, but I definitely want it to stay around and active. Myself and Sara would come down occasionally during the summer for the Friday night get togethers and enjoyed the atmosphere there. I'll actually be going to IU starting in the fall for a masters in CS so I would like to see a resurgence of the old B-town group so we don't have to play alone all the time.

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Sat May 28, 2005 12:57 pm

i've been visiting as much as i can but sadly i'm moving away in july :(

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:22 am

Went at 9:45 and they were closed. I don't think I need to say anymore. :?